Taiwan bans tripod on all outgoing flights

edutilos- said:
Can wrap towel around it, even without using a hard case. If it's surrounded by clothes, a lot of the impact will be absorbed..

Yes, there has been clear documentation of decent tripods being checked in naked..

You don't want to see the aftermath, very heart pain.

:eek: :bigeyes:

Actually last yr i already kena once in Kaoshiung... walk back to the counter and check in my tripod by itself... They are kind enough to put a red tag (fragile) on it..

my tripod survived and kinda funny to see it on the luggage conveyor belt back in singapore...

there could be issues with the security of the airport..no choice de...just check in lo...

haha...hope u bought insurance for the trip :)

Actually last yr i already kena once in Kaoshiung... walk back to the counter and check in my tripod by itself... They are kind enough to put a red tag (fragile) on it..

my tripod survived and kinda funny to see it on the luggage conveyor belt back in singapore...

Sometimes I feel that the fragile tag is as good as invisible, depending on the staff, they might just throw it anyway.

Btw, does anyone know if travel insurance will cover the tripod?

Can wrap towel around it, even without using a hard case. If it's surrounded by clothes, a lot of the impact will be absorbed..

Yes, there has been clear documentation of decent tripods being checked in naked..

You don't want to see the aftermath, very heart pain.

Show pl0x! :bsmilie:

I usually try to see if I can handcarry
Else I check in with the red "Fragile" tag and pray I recieve it in one piece, or else the place I visit sells tripods. . :p

Ryan

The thing is... they did not mention anything about monopod. So I take it that you can hand carry monopod on board of the plane? This is something that I don't quite understand... for all reasons, monopod is better as a weapon than the tripod... if security was the main reason for the ban.

They scared you set up tripod in the plane

Then it should be quite bad in Taiwan's outbound flights... so much so that the authority see a need to ban tripod more than 25cm :)

This just happened to me.. I checked in my tripod all the time... and i guess this is the final time it gets to checked in.. RIP.. was flying on Air Asia X and bought their insurance Airasia Go Insure international

Dear

Thank you for your email, contents of which are noted.

With regards to your inquiry, strictly without prejudice policy wording stated as follows:

Section 2 c) – Accompanying Baggage and Personal Effects:

All jewelry, articles consisting in whole or in part of silver, gold, or platinum objects made with precious materials, precious stones, pearls, watches, articles trimmed with or made mostly of fur, portable photographic, cinematographic, computer or telephone equipment, equipment for the recording of sound or pictures and its accessories, are only covered against theft if such item or equipment are physically carried along personally by the Insured Person for the Scheduled Flight.

As in your case, we gathered that the said camera tripod was kept in you check in baggage. In view to the above, it therefore follows that there is no claim to answer in the circumstances.

We hope this clarify matters.

Acknowledged with thanks
Zuraida Sharif
AirAsia INSURE Claim Unit

May be you can forward this to Taiwan or to the airlines... check in or no check in?

This just happened to me.. I checked in my tripod all the time... and i guess this is the final time it gets to checked in.. RIP.. was flying on Air Asia X and bought their insurance Airasia Go Insure international

Dear

Thank you for your email, contents of which are noted.

With regards to your inquiry, strictly without prejudice policy wording stated as follows:

Section 2 c) – Accompanying Baggage and Personal Effects:

All jewelry, articles consisting in whole or in part of silver, gold, or platinum objects made with precious materials, precious stones, pearls, watches, articles trimmed with or made mostly of fur, portable photographic, cinematographic, computer or telephone equipment, equipment for the recording of sound or pictures and its accessories, are only covered against theft if such item or equipment are physically carried along personally by the Insured Person for the Scheduled Flight.

As in your case, we gathered that the said camera tripod was kept in you check in baggage. In view to the above, it therefore follows that there is no claim to answer in the circumstances.

We hope this clarify matters.

Acknowledged with thanks
Zuraida Sharif
AirAsia INSURE Claim Unit

May be you can forward this to Taiwan or to the airlines... check in or no check in?

Your tripod is stolen or damaged?