T K Foto Technic Customer Service Drop??

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh. i remember few month's back when i went to get 580exII, i asked the skinny uncle(50+age) with spec, he took out 1 580exII... his face show me that he dont intend to serve me, as if like i'm not buying it, just trying for fun... after i checked... he bring me to the cashier... that's all =.= not even a smile from him...... =.=

all camera stores are very very busy during weekends, I don't like to go there at this time, no matter how friendly the storekeepers are also helpless.

if you want them to give you full attention, try visit them at none peak hours.

Hearing great customer service from TK Foto Technic here.
Went down to TK Foto Technic at Funan:

Went there with my whole setup, approach a sale guy ( top wear spectacle senior citizen)
Ask about the specification, he just shoved me the catalogue.
Ask him abt my setup which he would recommend , he just showed me the N2205 tripod.
Ask whether can test the tripod with my setup, got a rude & sarcastic reply:
'No one come here to buy tripod and test the mounting' :thumbsd:

He can simply just answer ' Sorry cannot'

He sound like he is having PMS.

Is this the same TK foto shop in funan you guys referring?

Or has the standard of the customer service drop or just a sale guy attitude problem?

Very disappointing & just walk out off the shop.

for every good review, there will always be the bad. do a check on CS. you will see similar stuff (good and bad) said just about every reputable shop in SG - CP, Ms Color etc.. take your pick.

wat catchlights said is so true. generally avoid the weekends as most of these shops are crowded with people and the shops are generally short-handed. i normally avoid (eg) CP, if i see the main shop crowded with people. they won't have time to entertain your questions. it is not something to defend about, but put yourself in their shoes and you will understand.

live and let live, unless we are talking about cheating cases. :)

This is the guy that shove off and tick off my 6 year old son for touching the glass display while I was looking for a camera bag yesterday. I simply throw the camera back on the floor, give a stern look at him and walk out from the shop. And sadly this is the shop that i bought my 550D juz a month ago :angry:

for every good review, there will always be the bad. do a check on CS. you will see similar stuff (good and bad) said just about every reputable shop in SG - CP, Ms Color etc.. take your pick.

wat catchlights said is so true. generally avoid the weekends as most of these shops are crowded with people and the shops are generally short-handed. i normally avoid (eg) CP, if i see the main shop crowded with people. they won't have time to entertain your questions. it is not something to defend about, but put yourself in their shoes and you will understand.

live and let live, unless we are talking about cheating cases. :)

Based on the replies and my encounter, it is not about busy or not busy but rather the attitude of that infamous grumpy uncle.

Would agree that they are short-handed as that infamous grumpy uncle is a -1 in most of the day.

Pity James and the other staffs, you just need a bad apple to spoil the whole basket of apples.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

This is the guy that shove off and tick off my 6 year old son for touching the glass display while I was looking for a camera bag yesterday. I simply throw the camera back on the floor, give a stern look at him and walk out from the shop. And sadly this is the shop that i bought my 550D juz a month ago :angry:

hmm.... throw the camera or camera bag on the floor? :bigeyes:

Think she meant the empty camera bag that she haven buy

The service in Singapore is so different compared to the states, which I came back from Nevada.

When I enter any shops there, the sales person would treat me very well, even for those lady sales person when I enter a boutique...

That's cos the states doesn't have any service charge but through tipping. Thus their service is thrice better than SG.

TS, next time if you shop at TK, look for James. James is the son of the boss, thus he handles very good public relations, whenever I enter his shop to buy a bag, he would patiently explain to me like how the padding is placed, special features.. And would suggest what bags I should get. For tripod, he even surveyed me whether what type of usage I go for like if I'm bringing overseas or for local use, and even suggested me which tripod I should get, deploy the legs, and show explain.

Another person you can look for is Ark. He is also a nice guy, quite a practical person.

I second looking for Ark, his service is really one of the best. :D

I always look for him whenever i go there, if he busy serving other people i just go back a few mins later.

That is because i also had a nasty encounter when buying a camera body from them...
apparently it was some temporary weekend sales staff that was serving me and both the guy and lady give me black face like i'm a beggar asking them for money :sticktong

So from that time onwards, i remember never to go during weekends and never find anyone else except Ark

6 year old son for touching the glass display. I simply throw the camera back on the floor.

:nono::nono::nono:

Yanz73 said:

You throw a camera on the floor!!!

Don't know what's the problem with him, been visiting their shop to take a look, always see him black face, bin chao chao.... Maybe he should just retire, everyday go Chinatown play chess... Better than everyday at the shop bin chao chao..

Nvm, I find justice soon, gonna voice record and take photo of him, how he behave in the shop and show TK boss, how his employee behave..

Also, don't you guys find that he talk so softly, I mean ive done a few photoshoots with XMM, and I think these ladies speak louder than him... Like whispering to himself..

I was there wanting to get a bag and when i was about to pay, i asked him if can nego , he said "HAR? NEGO ? CANNOT , YOU BETTER GO ELSEWHERE". I lan lan paid and walked off.

He looks something like this but slightly more rounded face:
*edit to remove image*

Last edited:
I was there wanting to get a bag and when i was about to pay, i asked him if can nego , he said "HAR? NEGO ? CANNOT , YOU BETTER GO ELSEWHERE". I lan lan paid and walked off.

*edit remove image*

And more facial impurities

Last edited:
The funny thing is, the many times I was served by Philip, he has always been very nice and patient with me. I do admit I go on weekdays during working hours. He was the first salesperson who served me the first time I went there. Never pushy, and always takes his time to explain difference of each bag, and the tripods. And when I told him I need to think about it, or that I am just looking, he is always cool about it. Now he recognizes me by sight.

i strongly suggest you remove this picture as i don't think this gent will appreciate being posted here as a point of comparison, especially since he is not even related to this thread in any way. also, i doubt the pic is taken by you. if it is not, then you are violating copyrights.

let's keep the discussion civilised, shall we?

Last edited:
Noted, mind if you delete it for me? This section doesn't allow any editing of posts..

Looks like you have meet the infamous grumpy old uncle. :D

Try asking for David or James next time you are there. Bought a couple of tripods from David a couple of years ago and I can still remember his patience in explaining the pros and cons of each of the models I was comparing. Price was also much lower than Cathay at that time.

Agree with you.. I also purchased item from David and he will spend some time explaining or maybe suggest other within your budget or depending on your needs. I even look for him when try to ask qoute thru phone.

kana before from him when they were still in Shaw Tower..haha...din want to talk to him anymore...:p

That guy TS mentioned is Philip. Maybe I shall complain to Albert TK foto boss to sack him.

Wow! I dunno you are so influential, your one complaint to the boss can get the uncle sack. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.