Sunda Pangolin (Manis javanica)

Anytime...and be careful of rotting or fallen logs too...snakes,scorpions n centipedes.

No worries. Those creatures usually try to escape when we get too near them. I do take shots of those too.

Last edited:
I have been trying to spot them whenever i go for nature walks, so far no luck. Congrats on getting such beautiful shots.

Good luck in your search. I have been waiting for this day for more than a year. I have been to this area quite a number of times and yesterday was the first time I saw it. But chances of spotting them is much higher at night.

I still have a long list of creatures I hope to see out there. Hope I can find some of them soon.

Good luck in your search. I have been waiting for this day for more than a year. I have been to this area quite a number of times and yesterday was the first time I saw it. But chances of spotting them is much higher at night.

I still have a long list of creatures I hope to see out there. Hope I can find some of them soon.

I am looking out for flying lemur too, which I have yet to see. Good luck to your spotting. :)

We should organise a night trip...i think central catchment will yield higher chance of seeing such nocturnal mammals. Coulugo can also be found from evenings..and owls also.

I've seen 3 colugos so far. 1 in the day and 2 at night.

Yes, chances of finding them at night is much higher.

Slow loris too. The one and only I "saw" was just reflected light off its eyes from far. A friend barely managed to get a shot for ID.

Last edited:
Interesting,ive not seen a slow loris yet. Must go for more night exploration in forests.

You really need some luck at times.

We don't get to find what we always wanted to all the time. There is still a common creature that is said to be found all over the place that have eluded us for all our trips into the forest for the past ~1.5 years.

Very true on luck and being there at the right time.
Whats the creature that has been eluding you guys so far?

Very true on luck and being there at the right time.
Whats the creature that has been eluding you guys so far?

King cobra
Wagler's Pit Viper
Paradise Tree Snake

There is sighting of pit viper at one of the trail walk and CS got some MAcro photographer taken it. Been to that trail many times and yet to see it..

Actually we have a long list of creatures that we hope to find. Most of them are not common.

Ok,i share sighting n the known ones...

Asian King, Punggol marina area (before current development,havent been there much lately but ive seen a dead young adult before.), Lor Halus (deeper into fenced up area,larger ones seen) n Bukit timah hill (hearsay).
I think is the only snake that dares to cross path at its own pace.
There are quite a few wolf snakes there..very fierce..it came out at a toad. Hopping arcoss my path. Too close n fast to shoot on my Bigma then. About 1.5m long.

Wrangler, Pasir Ris park (few times), on way down from tree top walk (once,a sleeping fella n have pix of it).

Paradise tree, i m not sure if it was a juve wrangler or not, it has 2 red spots at the sides. Was coming down a tree in Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve (no chance to shoot...very skittish n by chance when shooting a Spider hunter).
I think someone shot it the last group outing in april to SBWR,i think?

The last few confirmed sightings I heard of for Kings are in CCNR and SBWR.

I don't think wagler's can be found in Pasir Ris park.

If it's skittish it's definitely not wagler's.

That shot from the outing was a paradise tree.

The problem is that we always get to hear or see shots of them around those areas. But when we head to the area, they are no where to be found.

I think that Paradise tree snake (if it was), was just luck n chance.

Yes,almost always,snakes are gone or in the area somewhere of the vicinity...like birds,we need to know their habitat during different times of the year,especially weather n temperature for snakes, before we can find them successfully.

Kings,check out water n swampy sites,they love to swim and long grass...i think is common for cobras...