Suggestions for places to capture light trails (of vehicles) at night.

wun recommend here as well as the background looks cluttered.

not really..
but the trails not as clean as ur's as many vehicles change lanes

looks decent, but lack of any recognisable buildings/structures means this photo could've been taken anywhere...

i will be hanging ard the flyovers ard marina sq this evening, welcome anyone who wishes to do light trails to join me :p

pm me for more info.

How about this place--on top of Esplanade Mall? It's been shot to death, though...

5843852170_6bd7713952_z.jpg

I know of an overhead bridge to take light trails and below would be the CTE. It's a bridge linking Serangoon gardens and amk so those staying around that area can check that out. Plus the CTE is widened so I guess the light trails can cover more of the picture?

Untitled by gohjialong, on Flickr

I had my try over there few months ago but didnt get much good results as it was already near midnight so there were lesser cars passing by.

Last edited:
I know of an overhead bridge to take light trails and below would be the CTE. It's a bridge linking Serangoon gardens and amk so those staying around that area can check that out. Plus the CTE is widened so I guess the light trails can cover more of the picture?

Untitled by gohjialong, on Flickr

I had my try over there few months ago but didnt get much good results as it was already near midnight so there were lesser cars passing by.

Same problem of no buildings, just light trails...
TS was asking for some well-lit buildings and light trails.

ZerocoolAstra said:
Same problem of no buildings, just light trails...
TS was asking for some well-lit buildings and light trails.

Oops didn't read the post well enough. Sorry for the wrong suggestion.

Long exposure with a tripod :)

Noted. Thanks for the advice.

At the meantime, is there any setting in specific I have to set? IE. ISO & etc...

Sorry for the noob question as I am merely a newbie in this... :embrass:

ix0107 said:
Noted. Thanks for the advice.

At the meantime, is there any setting in specific I have to set? IE. ISO & etc...

Sorry for the noob question as I am merely a newbie in this... :embrass:

I would use as low ISO as possible.

remember when you doing set up,

safety always come first,
and also beware about head light of on coming vehicles shine directly into your lens for creating flare.

Hello people,
I'm new here and also new to photography.. Gt interested into photography recently bought a canon 1100d...
Would my camera with the basic 18-55mm lens able to take the pictures like about in the night??
I really find those picture very nice haha would like to learn more from the experts here!
Thank you for your advices!

Hello people,
I'm new here and also new to photography.. Gt interested into photography recently bought a canon 1100d...
Would my camera with the basic 18-55mm lens able to take the pictures like about in the night??
I really find those picture very nice haha would like to learn more from the experts here!
Thank you for your advices!

yup i believe your kit lens will be able to do it,.. just use long exposure... =) tripod is a must..

actually kit lens is a really good lens..

Thank you for ur advice!!
Should I twik woth my f value too??

Awesome thanks man