Suggestions for a starter Medium Format 6x7 kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or a full kit of Bronica 645 ETRSi for less S$2K even cheaper then a D70 with metering prism, extra back and tele lens. So it not expensive like a few years back.:D

singscott said:
Or a full kit of Bronica 645 ETRSi for less S$2K even cheaper then a D70 with metering prism, extra back and tele lens. So it not expensive like a few years back.:D

haha... referring to ur ETRSi dats one sale now? ;) i'm waiting for the day someone throws out a basic kit set for contax 645N at a reasonable price.

Used the RB67 and the Pentax 6x7 in the past. It depends on the situation I guess. In a studio environment, I would take the RB67; going outdoors (handheld) I would take the Mamiya 7/7ii. I think the Pentax is a little awkward, not suited to either studio or outdoors (handheld).

nmk said:
Is there anywhere I can rent a MF camera (and a couple of lenses) for a day. I have always wanted to try an MF system and see the results, but it is way too expensive for me to even think of buying one.

On that subject, does it make sense to buy a used rolleicord. Or is the condition going to be so bad that there is no point even trying.

Thanks.

U can buy a cheap Seagull 120 TLR, it is cheap, but the image quality is not bad really...

Rolleicord is still ok.... if you find a good condition one.

Hart

I would recommend a minolta autocord if you can find one. It's price lies between the seagull and the rolleicord, but the performance is somewhat nearer to rolleicord. Well, that's what I feel of course. If you really want a 6x7 system. Mamiyas give value for money performance that is hard to beat.

Can see some of the shots I took with these 2 cams here ;p

nightwolf75 said:
keke... i was tempted by it. but now got the Kiev 88CM already, so unless i get rid of this set... sigh... :bheart:

Got too many medium format cameras but no Contax, sorry. I have Hasselblad, Rollei TLRs and of course the Bronica ETRSi for sale. Have to stream line them;)

akdwivedi said:
Hi

I am thinking of trying a bot of Medium format 6x7 photography.. I need suggestions for a good (cheap) 6x7 starter kit..

What is the best place (besides CS) to look for 6x7 equipment..

thanks in advance
Andy

I saw this one, quite good deal to me, 2 lenses, 2 film backs, rotating back, nice guy, and the price he says still negotiable.
http://forum.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=168102

i'm using a rapid omega 100

can get from ebay at around 200usd ~ 250usd with a standard 90mm lens.
for complete set with 58mm lens, 90mm lens, 135mm lens, 180mm lens, +2 close up...might be around 600usd not including shipping. (depends on the frenzy on ebay)

:) press type rangefinder MF.

still heavy for me though. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.