Streets of Lahore (Pakistan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawbean

May 28, 2005
s'pore
www.rawbean.com
Hi folks,

some pics taken on my bump-around weekend in Lahore. These are not "technical" photos but just to share some on-location experiences. I got a local driver through car rental, guess is the best way to tour around this overwhelming city. There are more pics here.

Fellas are simply awesome. You get greeted and treated like some superstar (eh .. a chinese male = Jackie Chan!), they come right at you and start handshakes, talk to you and even asked to take a photo of themselves, right on the streets.

Sights of foreigners are rare and the population has high regards of the Chinese.

364132186_844e3062c2.jpg

364131367_2dffaf630d.jpg

364131095_d1b9db6934.jpg

Enjoy.

Any more pic?

These pic of yours macam like Steve McCurry type :)

Not sure why in Lahore, but in Northern Pakistan, the few I spoke to are grateful to the Chinese. One particular chap I talked to when we were gazing over the Karimabad valley said that "If not for the Chinese, we would still be in the stone age". He was referring to the building of the Karakorum Highway with the Chinese, which brought in trade & tourism. It's true in a sense of course, although I'm sure the Chinese had alot more agenda... ;). Also, alot more Pakistanis died in the building of the Highway than the Chinese....

Yeah, the fellas are simply awesome :)

Fellas are simply awesome. You get greeted and treated like some superstar (eh .. a chinese male = Jackie Chan!), they come right at you and start handshakes, talk to you and even asked to take a photo of themselves, right on the streets.

Sights of foreigners are rare and the population has high regards of the Chinese.

hey buddy!!!
awesome..... you were at my hometown!!
really glad you enjoyed the place, appreciate your posting a lot :D
peace

Hi guys,

to answer some questions:

1) The car rental i'd cost me 80 SGD (goes by distance) from 11am to 7pm

2) I stayed at Avari Hotel, kindda expensive but i'm paid for :p

3) If you could only visit one of the cities, choose Lahore (i don't even have a single picture from Karachi - too busy working and simply nothing interesting to take)

4) There are few flights to Lahore, Try Thai Airway or MAS. You'll need visa (for one time visit, if i recall properly is about 38 SGD)

5) The general population understand and speaks english.

Here's some additional picture ... more

368747962_5c714e2f44.jpg

369062757_1eda87f5ef.jpg

368865852_797b1d0520.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.