Street Photography outing - 26th Sept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi fabianaino,

I am also a newbie, just got a camera recently. I only have kit lens.
Can I also join in with you guys?

wide angle lens is technically lens below 50mm, which is considered 'normal' as it has the angle of view closest to humans. But on cropped body(which I presumed you have), it is perhaps below 30 or so so sony, nikon and canon, and 25 for olympus. Anyway, dont really worry about it, there isnt really strict category differences. The numbers are continuous right?

ND filters are neutral density filters usually used for landscape. They are transparent films you put infront of your lens, acting like sunglasses, but only on half the film. Usually used to cover the bright sky so you dont overexpose them, or underexpose your landscape. I am not sure about its uses in street photography.

CPL filters are circular polariser. The function is, well of course, to polarise light. It makes the colour more saturated by blocking reflections of light off metallic surfaces.
Common effects are like making clouds more detailed and ability to see through water rather than its reflection.

Actually all this can be found by googling.
Well, I can really see how some of the more experienced forum-mates gets frustrated over the number of posts asking about all these stuff. :) cheers.

Last edited:
Hi fabianaino,
I'm a newbie.
What is Wide angle zoom lens?
What is ND filter / CPL Filter?
Thks

I think your questions has ben answered. =)

Hi fabianaino,

I am also a newbie, just got a camera recently. I only have kit lens.
Can I also join in with you guys?

Yes, we will be most delighted to have you join us. =)

ND filters are neutral density filters usually used for landscape. They are transparent films you put infront of your lens, acting like sunglasses, but only on half the film. Usually used to cover the bright sky so you dont overexpose them, or underexpose your landscape. I am not sure about its uses in street photography.

yes you can use ND filters in street photography. Scenarios included when the weather is so sunny that when you close down the aperture to the max and still couldn't get get the shutter speed to be slow enuff to capture motion blur. That's where the ND filter becomes useful. In street photography, you may need it when you wan to capture sharp images of the faces yet still want some motion blur for the hands or legs. =)

hi fabianaino...can i join in ur street photography..newbie here also...

I think your questions has ben answered. =)

Yes, we will be most delighted to have you join us. =)

yes you can use ND filters in street photography. Scenarios included when the weather is so sunny that when you close down the aperture to the max and still couldn't get get the shutter speed to be slow enuff to capture motion blur. That's where the ND filter becomes useful. In street photography, you may need it when you wan to capture sharp images of the faces yet still want some motion blur for the hands or legs. =)

I'm sorry, but how exactly does having an ND filter on help capture a sharp face and blur hands/legs? Do you know what you're talking about? That means in a single image, you have two different exposures resulting from different shutter speeds. Rightfully, an ND filter allows you to select a slower shutter speed despite bright conditions. That's all.

hi all...mind i ask...what's street photography all about? shooting candid pics of the strangers? building? or..??

pardon me this question...
cheers!

Thanks to all to those who came and made the outing a fun and exciting gathering.
Hope o see you guys again in the next outing ! =)

it was a great outing, had a lot of fun and good experience.
Thanks to fabianaino and the rest for sharing knowledge :)

Hope to see you guys on another outing again. ^^

:bsmilie: Please check again. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.