strange business model

Ikea have some some good products, especially the small items but their service is average at best. Have you seen the queue for returns, tried calling customer service? Just don't expect too much and all will be fine.

Online store - with a physical store, an online store becomes much easier as the online store is treated like another branch store. The problems may be different from a physical store but it's just like adding another store. As for refunds and exchanges, if there are no issues with almost any online retailer, I don't see why Ikea can't.

I usually buy their smaller items which are good value. Not so sure about their larger pieces although it is a convenient one-stop shop.

to TS:

you pay a low price, don't expect first class service.

you expect top notch delivery service, when you're buying cheap furniture?

:bsmilie:

i love your logic

perhaps if you bought from one of these brands, they would airlift it straight to your house, complete with a butler to direct the installation

http://www.mostexpensivelist.com/top-10-most-expensive-furniture-brands-in-the-world/

In Singapore, you can always choose not to do business with organization that don't provide the service standard to your expectations of course there are certain 'business' you just got to live with. For example 'COE' haha.

Thanks for sharing and I am sure you are not alone. If they that note of feedback, good for them. Otherwise they will disappear someday soon.

to TS:

you pay a low price, don't expect first class service.

you expect top notch delivery service, when you're buying cheap furniture?

:bsmilie:

i love your logic

perhaps if you bought from one of these brands, they would airlift it straight to your house, complete with a butler to direct the installation

http://www.mostexpensivelist.com/top-10-most-expensive-furniture-brands-in-the-world/

Well, as i said, i go to IKEA not because of their price. I like their concept/design.
I really don't mind paying them much more for the online/delivery service. It is not money issue. Now even if you got the money ready to throw, they just don't hv this service, and you hv no choice but to go their store and be a labourer lugging items into trolleys. LOL.