Storing lenses in dry box/cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.
vivientan said:
How do u guys keep your lenses dry when travelling? Do u bring a portable dry box with you? I'm travelling in 2 weeks time and am just wondering if I should bring a small portable one with me with packs of silica gel thrown in.

I don't think you really need a drybox in a not-so-humid country.

I left all my camera equipment in the bag for most of 3 years whilst I ws studying in Perth. It's great weather there. That included 2 lenses 1 35mm film camera 1 digital, 1 light meter. Everything works fine and no fungus whatsoever.

vivientan said:
How do u guys keep your lenses dry when travelling? Do u bring a portable dry box with you? I'm travelling in 2 weeks time and am just wondering if I should bring a small portable one with me with packs of silica gel thrown in.

If really so kiasee (pardon me), then I think Ziploc bags or airtight tupperwares may be a better idea. They're definately lighter to carry around for travelling.

As for why some cameras/lenses don't grow fungus even when they are not stored in dryboxes is probably because they are used often. Moving air reduces the chances of fungus growth in lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.