Stolen Item from Hotel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not like military camps but when the evidence only points to one person and this thing is happening again and again, there are simpler ways to reduce the incidents.

i must say i'm also quite dissappointed with our over-all efficiency of our home team.... had a bad experience..... why cant they do more then type our reports????

They have other things to do. You just never see those in the news. ... seriously SG news, especially in english news, is quite filtered to maintain the image.
Also since there is no hard proof they really cant do anything. Seriously. Things like snatch thief, serial groper/molester etc takes time for them to stake out, set up trap etc. May be they should do the same in this hotel? :dunno:

Sometimes it's not what you do but how well you do it. My personal experience with a case at my friends fast food police, the Royal Malaysian Police just called in the suspects, and after few hours, they managed to find all the accomplishes and the stolen customers' wallet and gold chain. There weren't any cctv just some hearsay that these were the last people seen finding the item.

If you don't have the skills, no matter how you talk or interrogate, you'd never get the results.

Personally, I never ask housekeeping to fix my room during my hotel stays. I'll only be there for 2-3 days at a time and I don't mind if the beddings aren't folded neat every single day. I just leave a DND tag on the door everyday and no one touches the room when I'm there, if I need new supplies, I'll just call for replacement while I'm there.

Too much of a hassle to pack and secure the stuff everytime I leave the room, so it's easier if I just don't have them come in at all.

this is what i do when travel too.. if i need housekeeping i will be in the room doing my own thing... else DND tag is always outside;)

Anyway, bought myself a new 580EXII and 270EX today :D

I was in Beijing once and left my keys behind in the room, I requested the hotel staff to open my room for me but told them the wrong number....the staff opened the door for me without checking....I could have gone in and leave with whatever insde.....

Sometimes it's not what you do but how well you do it. My personal experience with a case at my friends fast food police, the Royal Malaysian Police just called in the suspects, and after few hours, they managed to find all the accomplishes and the stolen customers' wallet and gold chain. There weren't any cctv just some hearsay that these were the last people seen finding the item.

If you don't have the skills, no matter how you talk or interrogate, you'd never get the results.
Sorry about your items being stolen, but I had some stuff stolen from me in Shangri-La Hotel KL some years back and also nothing from Royal Malaysian Police or Shangri-La Hotel Management. I never stayed there anymore when I travel to KL.

../azul123

Azul did you make a fuss, I know of a case in Equatorilal where the hotel actually paid for a stolen laptop.

Azul did you make a fuss, I know of a case in Equatorilal where the hotel actually paid for a stolen laptop.
What do you think? of course I did. My lost was much more.. inlcuding my passport which had many Visas (my hajj visas, previously US and AU we need a paper Visa, Pakistan, Indian Visas).

Was supposed to go from KL to Jakarta and had to cancel that can only to to Singapore High Commission to get a paper document to return back to Singapore. Royal Malaysian Police also can't do much and I felt they did little.

Just learn from this episode and be more viligant in future. And don't stay at the Meritus again.

../azul123

Status
Not open for further replies.