-= Still Life : Butter Knife =-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I love how it rhymes....

Still life butter knife

that is...

Stereobox said:
it's no 'secret' really. most people who are involved in product photography will know this, or have done a bit of research on the topic.

pm-ed you guys already anyway :)

chris lim has suggested to me a solution regarding the banding issue. apply gaussian blur to a duplicate layer and play around with the transparency levels. thx bro!

i also want to know how it was done. ;)

very very nice shot. :thumbsup:

paxluv said:
Oh I love how it rhymes....

Still life butter knife

that is...

come to think of it ... yea, it does rhyme!

life is still butter knife

:)

oh, u just like the title? please tell me how did you find the picture :embrass:

I call it a Dancing Knife... a very good Photographic Composition!

Keep it up and like to see more posting.

andikong said:
I call it a Dancing Knife... a very good Photographic Composition!

Keep it up and like to see more posting.

thank you andikong .. interesting suggestion for a title :D

did it really give you a 'dancing' feeling?

pm-ed you already, mojito

i can see the technique of highlight against shadow, shadow against highlight, broadly speaking.

reachme2003 said:
i can see the technique of highlight against shadow, shadow against highlight, broadly speaking.

:think: care to elaborate?

Stereobox said:
come to think of it ... yea, it does rhyme!

life is still butter knife

:)

oh, u just like the title? please tell me how did you find the picture :embrass:

Oh sorry! I forgot to put my opinion...:confused: Anyway, I like the shot, it's different. You wouldn't really think of a butter knife having artistic quality, you know? The only thing I have a problem with is the black on the bottom... I don't think there's a real smooth transistion between the foreground and back...:dunno: Other than that, I like it!

sure. eg. the blade of the knife is in the dark, i.e. in 'shadow' against the background of graduated light, i.e. in 'highlight'.

Stereobox said:
:think: care to elaborate?

reachme2003 said:
sure. eg. the blade of the knife is in the dark, i.e. in 'shadow' against the background of graduated light, i.e. in 'highlight'.

:bigeyes: thanks bro for explaining..

Status
Not open for further replies.