Steve Irwin aka Crocodile Hunter .... Killed !

Status
Not open for further replies.
My condolences goes out to his family.

Despite what has been said about him, Steve gave us a different perspective of how animals behave...by coming up close to the creatures. This has never been done before and from there, we are able to know more about how dangerous creatures live.

On the softer side of him, I recall him rescueing other creatures as well, including creatures trapped in poachers trap etc. There were also episodes where both he and his wife cried because the rescues of the engandered animals came too late and some had died.

I guess it would be hard to find another person as dedicated as him in his work, and I believe his wife and children would continue to share the passion and continue his work even after his death.

Really really sad,i've always enjoyed watching his shows...
Now,most of my msn contacts are putting the turtle sign in memory of him...
untitledsy6.jpg

233918090_beecc35deb_o.jpg

my contact list hit 28people with turtles, when i asked some of them why they put turtles, they say, "to remember some aussie guy lor, dunno who la"...

it's interesting to know that we can "remember" some person without even knowing who he is in the first place..

I think it's a very sad day. Steve Irwin had a lust for life that probably puts most of the rest of us humans to shame. We should all mourn the loss of an incredible human being and strive to be more like him. I think the world would be a better place if we all a bit more like Steve Irwin.

Phildate said:
I think it's a very sad day. Steve Irwin had a lust for life that probably puts most of the rest of us humans to shame. We should all mourn the loss of an incredible human being and strive to be more like him. I think the world would be a better place if we all a bit more like Steve Irwin.

true.. :( :cry:

such a shocking news.. still cant believe it... :cry: :cry: :cry:

His death comes as a surprise, but it is definitely not shocking. He has dealt with dangerous animals all his life, and that's what he does, for a living and for his passion - he knew the risks involved and knew he could possibly die while doing it. So dying through the interaction with an animal in my opinion was a good death for him, he died doing the thing he loved.

As for the msn turtle thing... I really don't know why they chose a turtle, maybe that's the closest thing to a crocodile or from some others he discovered a new species of turtle..I haven't checked that out you but i'm not really bothered.
I just find it hypocritical for people to put that on their nicks without knowing the cause or even the person it represents.

It is definitely a loss, but he has been immortalised in his prime.

We shall all have sting-rays for dinner tommorow.

Just saw an old interview of Steve Irwin on Larry King Live on CNN. He did find a new species of turtle, now named aftre him as Elseya Irwini.

Well just wanna bring more attention to this news: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/5316002.stm

For those who really care, I say the best way to remember and honor the crocodile hunter is to contribute to the conservation efforts. Stop the buying! And more close to home, stop burning the forests!

Though I'm not an admirer of Irwin's TV persona, I can admire his genuine regard for conservation issues, especially through the work of his conservation foundation. RIP...

Very sad. cause of him I started 2 love animals more..

Me feel sad too. I also a animal lover but hor, animal will still attack once provoked. :(

Just wanted to share some video Tributes which I personally love, in memory of the amazing and larger-than-life Steve Irwin.

Tribute to Stephen Robert Irwin, 1962 - 2006

Steve Irwin: Feb 22nd 1962 - Sept 4th 2006

If you want to make a donation in memory of Stevo, kindly visit this website, Wildlife Warriors, where 100% of your donations will go directly to the conservation and preservation of wildlife.

R.I.P. Stevo, you will be greatly missed by both mankind and animals.. :cry: May the Kingdom of His Heavenly Host embrace you..

Status
Not open for further replies.