Starting out from nowhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote that you get Nikon D3x with the Holy Trinity lenses too! :D
If you prefer Canon :rolleyes: then 1Ds MkIII with L lenses..

Can't decide, then just buy both. :devil:

Don't worry if you don't know how to use or what ever just buy no regret, comfirm.
In Singapore you look fierce can a ready, you bring the body with some big lenses out and take pictures. Anyhow pose a bit and take a photo, people see a ready also scare. If the place crowded with photographer taking some subject, you just walk straight in and take photo also. They comfirm move a side 1 unless have some big gun also, see your setup they also scared! But if you want more fierce ah, you sling another 1Ds MkIII/D3x across your body. Comfirm no fight. :thumbsup: ***

***But don't show people the picture you take, if you show don't tell them the setup.

Sorry for the crap above as I am too bored in office, just get canon or nikon body. For nikon do take note that d40x,d40 and d60 do not have built in motors. As a nikon user I think D90 will be a good start as it has 1 of the latest technology and it has a built in motor.

Last edited:
yea right... thanks alot

pls be serious

You should be serious too, and stop trolling someone else's thread, and try a search. Your question has been answered dozens of times before.

To TS: Lots of good choices for you; the top 3 brands now are Canon, Nikon and Sony. Just try the ones that are in your budget and research the models before you buy. Know the limitations and strengths of each.

talking about trying and all. I saw the advertisement on rent a camera. thought it's a good idea to start off with. I am taking Dinorex advice to try nikon d90 as i am a beginner. what u guys think?

talking about trying and all. I saw the advertisement on rent a camera. thought it's a good idea to start off with. I am taking Dinorex advice to try nikon d90 as i am a beginner. what u guys think?

why nikon ? :p
get canon ! :cool::sticktong

Get me~

i'll shoot for you...lol

my point of view start from a compact camera and learn basics? where my roots came from....

butterflyblack- shoot for me?

I want to learn. Plus, I use my ben-q and canon too much. Just want to see what Nikon could show me on the big camera view.

Plus, it's a good timing for me to rent it. It's cousin's engagement, trip to Bintan with mom. Mom's birthday. Many pictures to be taken. I will show it off once it's all done.

thanks for the advice guys.
I am eyeing on Nikon for quite sometime. Just that don't know which ones is the best, cause there's just too many...

and my nick is a brand of my new clothing line for an online store. Plus it's also a club-name in Dubai. Pronounce as BO-U-DO-AR

PS: I live in dubai. and travel alot. So, if there's a cheaper or better place to get nikon other than Singapore, let me know. So, I can save a little here and there.

dude!!! i am in dubai also...!!!:heart:
finally...a kaki!!!

Buy SONY A900!!!
Full frame and high resolution.
and add 70-400mm or even 70-200mm. Or better minolta 600mm. =)
and can even attach close up fliter +10 on it.
A very good macro long tele lens.
;)

kk, serious. You can try out all thos entry level DSLR. For newbies, entry level DSLR will make you familiarise with DSLR system and if you like it, you can upgrade it to mid pro or maybe a prob one day. =)

No choice is wrong. :)

Last edited:
dun drag too long.... else u really start no where.
Just go and try out Nikon (D90) and Canon (450D) and start now here.

I think someone should really start a thread on advice for newbies in selecting a suitable DSLR. It seems this kind of thread crops up on a very regular basis.

Even if someone were to tell me that his/her budget is $1200, I'd have a hard time narrowing down the list to only 1 or 2.
So obviously, budget is not the one and only deciding factor.
Ergonomics seems to be overlooked fairly often.
I tend to remain faithful to 1 brand because I prefer the design of the grip.

hahahaha truth be told, there's really a number of things to consider. But not all those things would be obvious to a newbie who's starting out on the long road of DSLR ownership. I started out rather clueless, but am lucky I haven't grown to dislike my camera.

I think someone should really start a thread on advice for newbies in selecting a suitable DSLR. It seems this kind of thread crops up on a very regular basis.

Even if someone were to tell me that his/her budget is $1200, I'd have a hard time narrowing down the list to only 1 or 2.
So obviously, budget is not the one and only deciding factor.
Ergonomics seems to be overlooked fairly often.
I tend to remain faithful to 1 brand because I prefer the design of the grip.

hahahaha truth be told, there's really a number of things to consider. But not all those things would be obvious to a newbie who's starting out on the long road of DSLR ownership. I started out rather clueless, but am lucky I haven't grown to dislike my camera.

There is already something like what you suggested.
Maybe next time we will respond to the similar questions by pasting this writeup by zoossh.

We have many such threads. Problem is, newbies never read them.

There is already something like what you suggested.
Maybe next time we will respond to the similar questions by pasting this writeup by zoossh.

We have many such threads. Problem is, newbies never read them.

Could this be because they expect to be spoon fed?

Thanks for the reminder...! Forgot about Zoossh's sticky thread. Can't really figure out why newbies are so reluctant to search through the forum for the answers. Probably laziness, and also each newbie thinks his/her query is unique in some way? ~shrug~

Status
Not open for further replies.