Star Effect in Night Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
both ! =)

think it works for the first, not relaly for the second

and the first, if you isolate the pathway =)

Cheesecake naughty... :bsmilie:

Me be bad, too.... but I don't have 6-star, coz mine was stolen by a former assistant. So have to use tight f-stops.

5421.jpg

161.jpg

This one, was, however, aided by something more... :devil:
5301.jpg

hey guys, sorry for the late reply. slept early!

both my fotos were shot with star8 filter.

just illustrating how a simple star filter can enhance the overall foto n composition, although my fotos may not be the best example.

cheers!

Me be bad, too.... but I don't have 6-star, coz mine was stolen by a former assistant. So have to use tight f-stops.
wa barnie, u haf so many things to let ppl steal! haha

still. the lovely colors of FujiFilm is tops. nice one!

This one, was, however, aided by something more... :devil:
5301.jpg

ya, the ND400? good filter to haf around.

nice. i did not see the effect as strong as in the other pic. i think the Star filter is handle when you you want the effect but do not have a tripod. correct me if i am wrong.

btw anyone used the NDX by cokin before? can advice how to shoot with that?

nice. i did not see the effect as strong as in the other pic. i think the Star filter is handle when you you want the effect but do not have a tripod. correct me if i am wrong.

hmmm.. the 2 fotos are shot with tripod and if camera plays a part, they were shot with S2Pro and processed with Fuji's Hyper-Utility software.

the clarke quay foto was shot with a Cokin Star8 filter.
the labrador foto was shot with both Cokin's Circular Polariser and Star8 filter.

i share ur sentiment. i thought the clarke quay's foto is quite hard to distinguish between one shot with a Star8 and one without(jus small aperture of f16 n up).

btw anyone used the NDX by cokin before? can advice how to shoot with that?

NDX is good stuff. but always no stock at CP. :(

Neutral Density X, giving u some 13stop. Barnie has some fotos shot with something similar to Cokin's NDX. the one of the merlion with the sunburst is one example, i guess.

hey guys, sorry for the late reply. slept early!

both my fotos were shot with star8 filter.

just illustrating how a simple star filter can enhance the overall foto n composition, although my fotos may not be the best example.

cheers!

chey, cheat people

i knew both were shot with star filter lor! :devil:

Cheesecake naughty... :bsmilie:

the starburst is determined by the number of aperture blades, right

so the more aperture blades, the nicer the starburst? or at least, the more spikes it has?

chey, cheat people

i knew both were shot with star filter lor! :devil:

i forgot abt the clarke quay foto. it was taken so long ago. only when i check with other fotos taken on that night, then it became clear to me.

the correct use of the filters at any scenario can add more punch or drama into ur foto n composition.

haf fun with filters!:thumbsup:

yup, tat is one way. sometimes using the sun as a subject matter or even at weddings...

the star filter can be pretty handy.

Those are exceptions but usually one won't frequently use it too. Sometimes in wedding shots, the star effects on lights can be distracting and unattractive.

u haf so many things to let ppl steal! haha
Unfortunately, I do meet with a lot of idiots and dishonest cases. The ones from FSV/NP and SP are but the more well-known ones. Thankfully, I do have a lot of good people along the way too. Filter, monopod, QR plate, just small price to identify the bad ones.

I like your Clarke Quay pic though.

Unfortunately, I do meet with a lot of idiots and dishonest cases. The ones from FSV/NP and SP are but the more well-known ones. Thankfully, I do have a lot of good people along the way too. Filter, monopod, QR plate, just small price to identify the bad ones.

I like your Clarke Quay pic though.

:) hopefully ur luck will change for the better!

yeah, its shot with S2Pro. :bsmilie: ever since i change to D200, i stopped taking landscape fotos.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.