Spotted at Sitex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Urm guys, we're talking film and digital now... I don't think anybody wanna squeeze off 13.5 fps on a roll of film... hee :D

espn said:
Urm guys, we're talking film and digital now... I don't think anybody wanna squeeze off 13.5 fps on a roll of film... hee :D
no lah i was just addressing sehsuan's thread about the EOS-1v. but 13.5fps on a roll of film? hey why not... shiok what. 1 roll of film in under 3 secs... :D

sehsuan said:
lot of people forgot the EOS-1V can whack a 10fps... on film..

Which needs PBDE2 and NPE2, otherwise it's just limited to a paltry 3.5fps (slower than a F100 straight out from a box). Of course, such numbers are nice for the marketing deparment, as well as the gearheads who have nothing better to do but compare image capture speed.

Since you like to compare speeds, FYI, a Nikon F3H does 13.5 FPS with the lens stopped down. And now that we're in the process of comparing whose dick is longer than whose, I'll add that the d2h has a 2ms lag time with the mirror locked up.

espn said:

The professionals at the 1998 Nagano Olympics certainly didn't mind, so what's your point?

Actually, Nikon hit 50fps for Renault before to help them with their crash testing. They decided that cine film was too low quality for their purposes so they got Nikon rig up a setup which gave them 50fps, and better quality.

YSLee: So, monkey see, monkey do? My point is pretty simple... if you fail to see it, I can't help u... ;)

espn said:
YSLee: So, monkey see, monkey do? My point is pretty simple... if you fail to see it, I can't help u... ;)

I see you're being your usual lame self. Perhaps if you start practicing your skills properly instead of spending so much time posting electronic drivel in the forums and IRC channels, perhaps you'd understand the need for certain tools, as well as being less of a digital snob.

Lame or not, that's my issue, I can be a pest and disliked for all I care, at least I still have friends, better then one that goes around trying to put everybody else down by branding them names and keeps highlighting equipment isn't everything in other people's thread(s).

I definitely will practice my skill and definitely will continue learning, I do admit I'm not a pro, but I try to share and learn, if you can't stand it on IRC/Forums, sorry, nothing I can do. After all life on the internet is like that, there are bound to be troll(s) around. Live with it or leave with it.

Learning the need for tools is again my issue, I do not need a non-equipment wanker to teach me what to do. Digital snob, to you maybe, sorry that you can't afford the kind of equipment I can, and sorry for being an equipment wanker myself.

If you'd like to know, I'm going after the AF-S 17-35/2.8 IF-ED next, if this satisfies your ego and can start branding me an equipment wanker, let me know, I'll let you in on my road map to my next equipment wanks now and then.

And oh yes, if you don't understand my replies, that doesn't warrant me as being lame, that just warrants you as being too snobbish to read newbie's posts and understand them. If you can't, don't reply. That would save us all the trouble.

Cheers :)

Firstly, I don't call people names; I just spit the truth out. Sorry if you can't handle it. Sorry too, for highlighting the truth if it makes a lot of people uncomfortable.

Furthermore, unlike you, I do not make so many presuppositions like you do. If you want to point out any flaws in my argument in response to what is essentially a senseless post, you're welcome to do so, but changing the subject and making unrelated comments doesn't change the content of your original post: A senseless comment by one who should know better.

Hey JED, SniperD............looks like this thread is going strong. I guess the other thread about the Amatuers and Pro discussions have finally cool off.

When to Sitex today. Saw some babes there but just not as lovely as the COMEX. Maybe coming this Saturday there will be more!!!! Guys going over there, bring your digicams along!!!! Sorry gals!

Just some offer from EAST GEAR......nothing exciting....... :( Could have done much better since you all are still new in the market.

Canon is offering their G5 with free 256CF, 128CF and a bag free!! Price $1299

Olympus 5060 has a great deal! Price @ $1399. What for this.......they are giving free a 128 xd, Epson All in Printer, Xd card reader, Water Resistant Dry Box, Tripod and LCD Protector Screen!!!!!!!! :eek:

LCDs monitors are slightly cheaper than retail price by only $30-$70 depending on which brand you go for.

XBOX have good offer $388 free 2 games and I not to sure what else

Challenger offering Microsoft XP PRO OS @ only $99 but Academic Version! :bsmilie:

The rest you all go check out yourself.

Children ... Children ... Children ...

Fps is nothing to be worried about, if you can't nail a shot in one then all you're doing is burning film and wasting CF storage...

As for equipment wankery .. well the amateur ranks are swollen with posers with top flight kit, but that matters not as an untalented photographer is still at the end of the day untalented regardless of their equipment.

The Ang Moh from Hell

You don't, you just brand them. Truth or not is your own judgement, sorry that I can't agree with it and that you have to stuff it down into my throat. Of course that is darn uncomfortable for me! ;) imagine me stuffing a D2H down your throat, think that would too, wouldn't it?

And, but my dear pot, I think you were the one that changed the subject and made unrelated comments in the first place.

And hell break lose..................... :devil: in this forum.

Dun fight lah. Nowadays where people want to fight. They just place a bomb in your house!!!! :sweatsm:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

At least they don't brand you names :D

Anyway, back to topic, I've enough of talking sense to a professional/senior. Last but not least, I may be an amatuer, but I wank or not, I don't need a senior to tell me, esp when they don't know what a person I am.

Based on what I post and judge me against it, I guess it's fair, but keep your comments to yourself and steer clear my path. If you don't like my replies, sorry, I can't do anything.

To the seniors/peers who know me, and I'm darn sure they won't call me a snob, and maybe the pot can keep his replies off threads that don't matter, and/or reply with more constructive replies then branding people names and trying to invoke a fight on equipment talk.

I don't mind being called Lame, Buaya, Crocs, but I'm certainly no Digital snob. Before you judge others, judge yourself.

EOF. ;)

Azure :hammer:

Buy your head :devil: !!! I'm going tomorrow during lunch, my boss wants the team to go there and see see, bet it's going to be pretty crowded. ;)

espn said:
At least they don't brand you names :D

Anyway, back to topic, I've enough of talking sense to a professional/senior. Last but not least, I may be an amatuer, but I wank or not, I don't need a senior to tell me, esp when they don't know what a person I am.

Based on what I post and judge me against it, I guess it's fair, but keep your comments to yourself and steer clear my path. If you don't like my replies, sorry, I can't do anything.

To the seniors/peers who know me, and I'm darn sure they won't call me a snob, and maybe the pot can keep his replies off threads that don't matter, and/or reply with more constructive replies then branding people names and trying to invoke a fight on equipment talk.

I don't mind being called Lame, Buaya, Crocs, but I'm certainly no Digital snob. Before you judge others, judge yourself.

EOF. ;)

Wah dun lah get so agitated. Bad for health. Ask JED you will know what he's talking about. No use getting angry over somebody you have never seen before. Right? After you get more white hair later....... :bsmilie:

Luckly this is just a forum not a SEED meeting in Peninsular or else we will see a lot of lens, camera bodies, bags and film canisters flying around! :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Eh, how come my name keeps coming up?

My £0.02 worth? BUY BUY BUY.

The more time you spend on these forums, the less time you have to buy equipment to wank with.

The less equipment you have, the less pictures you can take. So hurry up and BUY BUY BUY.

Espn, aiming for 17-35 afs, does that mean you already bought the D2h you were planning to? (Reference IRC channel)? Good for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.