[Split] WTS : 512 Ridata CF Card Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayKia

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Horus
Hi got the above 2 weeks back at $220. Selling coz STILL not enough for my DSLR. Letting go at $200. Brand new with receipt used onli once. Call at 96360918 for a fast deal. :cry:
You getting the 1gig? :what: or 3gig?:devil:

*sigh...me getting the 1Gig lor. u know huh...512 registers onli a measly 138 shots on my 10D at 6mpix...u say enuff meh!? :dunno: so how when go bird park? i went last sat liao...def much better than the zoo...all the animals like want to die one :rolleyes:

*sigh...me getting the 1Gig lor. u know huh...512 registers onli a measly 138 shots on my 10D at 6mpix...u say enuff meh!? :dunno: so how when go bird park? i went last sat liao...def much better than the zoo...all the animals like want to die one :rolleyes:
138 shots? you can keep your 512MB as backup mah :D just bought niah you wanna sell liao :rolleyes:

Mebbe this Sunday go Bpark ....:D

alamak...sunday i cannot leh...got studio shoot ;p boh bian. anyways...bring your tripod and external flash...u will def need it! if u got omnibounce or diffuser bring also...will use it for sure one :D u need discount coupon? now national attractions got 50% off till end of this month. *cheap cheap ah...one coupon can admit 3pax. see newspaper clipping at STREATS. ;p if not use your old zoo entrance coupon also can....

That's when you set to ISO 1600... with ISO 800, you have 158 pix, and ISO 400, you have 180... And even I don't shoot at ISO 1600 for every pix...

Maybe you want to consider again...

*sigh...me getting the 1Gig lor. u know huh...512 registers onli a measly 138 shots on my 10D at 6mpix...

alamak...sunday i cannot leh...got studio shoot ;p boh bian. anyways...bring your tripod and external flash...u will def need it! if u got omnibounce or diffuser bring also...will use it for sure one :D u need discount coupon? now national attractions got 50% off till end of this month. *cheap cheap ah...one coupon can admit 3pax. see newspaper clipping at STREATS. ;p if not use your old zoo entrance coupon also can....
KK will check it out :D Good luck on your sale! ;)

Originally posted by ivor
That's when you set to ISO 1600... with ISO 800, you have 158 pix, and ISO 400, you have 180... And even I don't shoot at ISO 1600 for every pix...

Maybe you want to consider again...

Setting a high ISO results in smaller filesizes? This would probably mean that there is some Noise Reduction algorithm going on that smoothens details, less details allows the Jpeg algorithm to compress more.

Anyway, setting to high ISO just to accomadate more shots sounds rather drastic. Better to just be more selective of the shots or delete some shots.

*sigh...me getting the 1Gig lor. u know huh...512 registers onli a measly 138 shots on my 10D at 6mpix...u say enuff meh!?

me learnt.. never put all of your eggs in one basket... i.e. in this case, one CF card... you'll never what what might happen.. *touchwood*

got a few 512s but not a single 1gig...

and agreed, you shldn't change your settings just to accomodate more shots... so weird... change file format probably lah.. be more selective too!

ok ok.. why is this being discussed in the BST forum ah?

:gbounce: :gbounce:

Think you misunderstood ivor... he meant setting lower ISO gives you more shots (lower iso = smaller filesizes).

Originally posted by Zerstorer
Setting a high ISO results in smaller filesizes? This would probably mean that there is some Noise Reduction algorithm going on that smoothens details, less details allows the Jpeg algorithm to compress more.

Anyway, setting to high ISO just to accomadate more shots sounds rather drastic. Better to just be more selective of the shots or delete some shots.

Agreed with you on this point...

Originally posted by s_wrx
me learnt.. never put all of your eggs in one basket... i.e. in this case, one CF card... you'll never what what might happen.. *touchwood*

got a few 512s but not a single 1gig...

Hi missy... thought you own the Canon system, you should know that, that's how the Canon DC works... The higher the ISO settings, the bigger the filesize...

What Horus mentioned 138 pix... he took the all the pix in ISO 1600, where normally not all the pix taken should be ISO 1600, and in a bright sunny day, and when used ISO 100, one can has 200++ pix...

and agreed, you shldn't change your settings just to accomodate more shots... so weird... change file format probably lah.. be more selective too!

I don't mean to be rude, but I think you are the one doing the discussion here... We are just trying give some advises to Horus here... Sorry, I forget you are using D1x now... the storage system is diff... ;)

ok ok.. why is this being discussed in the BST forum ah?

I'm not a canon user, just a few questions

what's the file size of a 6mp, best non-raw quality picture ?

what's the size of a raw picture ?

how come iso is related to file size ? I should think not.

for jpeg, it is usually the complexity of the image that is related to the file size.

for example, a picture with a lot of details = large file size

picture with areas of no/little details = smaller file size

cheers

Hi missy... thought you own the Canon system, you should know that, that's how the Canon DC works... The higher the ISO settings, the bigger the filesize...

AW MAN! flattered to know that a humble v3 can be considered owning the canon system... :bsmilie:

the pics were all 1.1-1.2mb big... no obvious difference whatsoever (maybe should have checked out the kb size, huh?) i basically just transfer, edit and post.. *shrugs* nothing to it.. v3 rockz!

IMHO, use whatever ISO to suit the right lighting conditions... not enough space? change file format.. (uncompressed RAW/compressed RAW.. etc etc)

lastly, get more CF cards... or a laptop/portable drive ready...

;p

discussion? who DISCUSSED about changing iso, taking more pics? *shrugs* there are other people who were in the thread too man... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

storage system? store via cf card lot... DUH... how different can it get?

Hi rueyloon
I had answered your question below at the below URL

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32583

Someone is making noise about this thingy being discussed over here...

Originally posted by rueyloon
I'm not a canon user, just a few questions

what's the file size of a 6mp, best non-raw quality picture ?

what's the size of a raw picture ?

how come iso is related to file size ? I should think not.

for jpeg, it is usually the complexity of the image that is related to the file size.

for example, a picture with a lot of details = large file size

picture with areas of no/little details = smaller file size

cheers

Anyway, I don't think so that Horus mind that we do a little OT here... afterall he has the buyer for his card, and once the buyer collect the CF from him... this thread would be closed liao...

AW MAN! flattered to know that a humble v3 can be considered owning the canon system... :bsmilie:

the pics were all 1.1-1.2mb big... no obvious difference whatsoever (maybe should have checked out the kb size, huh?) i basically just transfer, edit and post.. *shrugs* nothing to it.. v3 rockz!

IMHO, use whatever ISO to suit the right lighting conditions... not enough space? change file format.. (uncompressed RAW/compressed RAW.. etc etc)

lastly, get more CF cards... or a laptop/portable drive ready...

;p

discussion? who DISCUSSED about changing iso, taking more pics? *shrugs* there are other people who were in the thread too man... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

storage system? store via cf card lot... DUH... how different can it get?

Anyway, I don't think so that Horus mind that we do a little OT here...

orhz.. yes, Horus! er.. i mean ivor...

anyway Horus, the decision to sell is yours.. sorry for disturbing your post... :embrass: good luck for the sale! and upz for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.