Sony T2? T200? T100?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok thanks... shall do a search on "sim lim salesman stunts" or " sim lim salesman cho stunts" to better prepare myself against them should I be patronising any of them :)

will give Florence a call as well... this time round if a guy picks up the call... guess I'll have to ask him to pass the phone over to florence haha...

should be getting the camera by this weekend. mostly the T200, though not confirmed.
afterwhich, still need the help of all the pro-s here on camera accesorries maybe. ie. sports pack etc.
Like I heard other than Manufacturer itself, there are some other "OEM" / "compatible" sports pack for most major cameras brands. But all this is till I settled on a camera first then say...

Thanks!

Just search 'Sim Lim' will do, bro.

Yes, ask to speak to Florence. As they have 2 shops, so sometimes she may not be at the main shop.

Happy shopping bro. ;)

http://clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309870&highlight=sim+lim+sales+tactics

Scary!
Haha....

Luckily I am not too easily convinced especially I am a fan/sucker of Sony products, so when they try to sell me other brands, I think they'll gonna waste their time.
And even for Sony, I have narrowed my choice down to T2 or T200, unless I can find the T100.
Think those 'cunning' salesman is gonna be disappointed 'serving' me...
Anyway... glad I did a search on Sim Lim. Else I wont really know what I will / might be expecting..
So I presume those prices they quoted me yesterday is not inclusive of GST.
If thats the case... the difference is not too much seriously, ie. T200 @ S$535, plus GST would be around S$570+. Less than S$100 difference , maybe I might get from Sony or Harvey Norman, provided their price of S$649 is GST inclusive...hahaa.

Oh yah... called up MS Color, but Florence busy leh...
was told to call back at around 4.

actually, if there's quite a common encounter of bad / poor salesmanship, cheats etc from shops, maybe there can be a "blacklist section" for forummers to share their bad experience at certain shops with the shops' name, address listed, so as to act as a warning / reference to the rest in their future shopping.
not too sure if there's one such section already, coz too many sections within the forum for a new bird like me in here to browse through everything in such a short time span. :)

Before you make a decision. Goto Amazon.com & DPreview.com, and read some reviews on T2, T70, T200 and T100. It is pretty accurate information most of the time. Their experience can help you alot.

thanks all for the valuable time and input...

finally got a camera from MS Color. :)

just to share... despite being highly recommended in here, I think I was maybe having too high expectations. :dunno:
so maybe my fault too...or I went on a bad day? hahaha....

This is what happened...
Firstly, before I go over on Monday...I made a call to Florence to enquire about the camera on Saturday.
She quoted me a price and their package.
I remembered clearly she told me that I was entitled to get a 2nd battery at $39 and a free screen protector, on top of all the stuff included in the package. Of course, a original Sony battery we're talking about.

So, happily, I went over during the last week to get the camera.
Its a weekday, about 2-3pm, not too many people in the shop in fact.
Called for Florence...she attended to me after a while.
Skip the Product knowledge, she was a little rush and hasty in trying to close the deal.
When I asked to have a look at the camera... she took one from the display and show me the camera, checking only the exterior, on-off the camera and almost putting back into the box. Assuming deal closed, leading me to the cash register, asked if I am paying by card or cash.

alamak....then I requested to meddle a bit with the camera's functions and try a few shots. Of course, she agreed.
Just wonder why the hurry to close the deal since there's no crowd anway... anyway, personally, I do not really like to be rushed into a deal.

Ok, after all the trying and testing, I went ahead with the purchase.
Short and sweet... I also don't wanna waste her time, since seeing she's like in a hurry always.
Then, everything was right...the price, the package etc... without the screen protector.
I reminded her of our teleconversation just 2 days (weekend) prior to my visit on Monday. I assured her that she told me about the free screen protector. But even if not, I won't mind paying for it. Don't cost that much anyway. OK... in the end, she honoured her deal to me, saying "ok lah, ok lah...I trust you ok".
I also "paiseh" ....later she think I really so cheapskate, trying to "con" her of a screen protector.

Then happily again, I went over the next shop to check out a camera case for my newly bought camera. Too bad, they sold out the color I wanted.

Suddenly, I remembered about the extra battery for $39.
I went back to enquire again, hoping to get one.
I was told that the extra battery for $39 is not the original one from Sony. Original one costs $75. :think:
Again, it don't seem to tally with what I heard over the phone.
Especially after the 'free screen protector' issue, I don't wanna ask more about the battery. Later, she really think I trying to pull a fast one. I don't want to be mistaken as a cheapskate too...really paiseh...

OK... then went over to the next shop look see look see....
asked the guys n girll there for a short tutorial for the camera I'd just bought.
I am impresed by the excellent (after) sales service provided by the boys and the girl, even though they're so young.
They were super friendly and patient, even I didn't buy anything from there eventually.
When I was leaving, it was still raining, they even offered me an umbrella, & asked if I need someone to shelter me to the car. :thumbsup:

So, this is my personal shopping experience and the first time also at MS Color, I would say that I enjoyed myself better at their sony shop than the main shop. Nonetheless, still not too bad overall at the main shop, minus all the "rushing".

7/10 main shop (good price, or rather reasonable price for cameras)
9.5/10 sony shop (if they have the camera case I want, it would be 10/10!) :)

Cheers!

hi mr.kim, any idea what they offer best price for T2?PM me? thanks.

Think those 'cunning' salesman is gonna be disappointed 'serving' me...
Anyway... glad I did a search on Sim Lim. Else I wont really know what I will / might be expecting..
So I presume those prices they quoted me yesterday is not inclusive of GST.
If thats the case... the difference is not too much seriously, ie. T200 @ S$535, plus GST would be around S$570+. Less than S$100 difference , maybe I might get from Sony or Harvey Norman, provided their price of S$649 is GST inclusive...hahaa.

Oh yah... called up MS Color, but Florence busy leh...
was told to call back at around 4.

MS Colour's price for the T200 is S$570, with a 2gb MS Pro Duo card & case.

Ok, after all the trying and testing, I went ahead with the purchase.
Short and sweet... I also don't wanna waste her time, since seeing she's like in a hurry always.
Then, everything was right...the price, the package etc... without the screen protector.
I reminded her of our teleconversation just 2 days (weekend) prior to my visit on Monday. I assured her that she told me about the free screen protector. But even if not, I won't mind paying for it. Don't cost that much anyway. OK... in the end, she honoured her deal to me, saying "ok lah, ok lah...I trust you ok".
I also "paiseh" ....later she think I really so cheapskate, trying to "con" her of a screen protector.

Then happily again, I went over the next shop to check out a camera case for my newly bought camera. Too bad, they sold out the color I wanted.

Suddenly, I remembered about the extra battery for $39.
I went back to enquire again, hoping to get one.
I was told that the extra battery for $39 is not the original one from Sony. Original one costs $75. :think:
Again, it don't seem to tally with what I heard over the phone.
Especially after the 'free screen protector' issue, I don't wanna ask more about the battery. Later, she really think I trying to pull a fast one. I don't want to be mistaken as a cheapskate too...really paiseh...

So, this is my personal shopping experience and the first time also at MS Color, I would say that I enjoyed myself better at their sony shop than the main shop. Nonetheless, still not too bad overall at the main shop, minus all the "rushing".

I will never think that for $39, it will be an original battery. Usually offers to buy a 2nd battery cheaply is those 3rd party type. Free screen protector from them i wouldn't be bothered, it is not a tailored exact size to your camera type, i rather buy separately. If you ask them, they'll say $10. A bit expensive for wat they'll give. I bet it cost them $1 or $2.

Status
Not open for further replies.