Sony F707 accessories & alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony K

Jan 23, 2002
S'pore, AMK
Visit site
I'm very tempted to buy a Sony F707 (in a few months time, sooner if strike lottery ;) )

I'm now planning my budget.
Seems that quite hard to get original accessories in S'pore for Sony F707.

The one that can be commonly found are

1) HVL-F1000 Flash (RSP$199)
Anybody can confirm whether this flash have TTL?
Or only the built-in flash have TTL?

2) VCT-D480RM / VCT-D680RM with ACC Terminal for remote control.
Anybody know whether the remote control works on Sony Videocams' LANC for remote control?

3) 128MB memory stick (RSP$199)

4) NP-FM50 Batt (RSP$120)

The ones that cannot find in Singapore (but available in USA & Japan) are

5) VCL-MHG07A(x0.7) Wide angle lens adapter (US$145)

6) VF-58 Circular Polarizing 58mm Lens Filter kit (US$100)

7) RM-DR1 Remote Control (US$49.95)
I already have a Sony VCT-870RM tripod with remote control for my Sony Videocam.
Anybody know whether the remote control can be used to plug into the Sony F707 ACC socket for remote control?

For items 5 & 6,
anybody can suggest where to buy the original ones in S'pore OR
can recommend cheap & good alternatives ;p

Or else, will need to order from overseas websites. :(
Anybody got good / bad experience ordering from overseas?
Cheaper / expensive?

Did anybody have the VCL-MHG07A(x0.7) Wide angle lens adapter on his F707?
How's the quality?

Thanks.

:bsmilie:

Originally posted by Tony K
The ones that cannot find in Singapore (but available in USA & Japan) are

5) VCL-MHG07A(x0.7) Wide angle lens adapter (US$145)

6) VF-58 Circular Polarizing 58mm Lens Filter kit (US$100)

Think I remembered seeing item 5 in CathayPhoto in Marina Square. You might want to check with them via their equote.

I just got an equote from CP saying that they have no stock for the Sony F707, flash, lens hood & remote control.

Hmmm.....

What is happening to Sony?
How come their stock inventory so poor?

- Wondering whether will they drop price of the F707 for the new shipment?
- When are they launching something like F707v (don't know got such thing a not)?

:dunno:

Wah... so many questions at once...

Ok... HVL-F1000 flash doesn't do TTL (that's one of my main gripes about the 707).. .the internal flash does a preflash to gauge the power needed for the actual flash... but it's not powerful enough...

If you need to do a lot of flash work... don't get the 707...

As for the remote controls, get the RM-DR1... most of the other Sony remotes don't work at all... there are only one or two tripod models that work.. but considering the main purpose of the remote is to prevent camera shake from contact with the camera+tripod system, it doesn't make sense to have the remote fixed on the tripod.

For the UV / Polarising filter, you don't need to get a Sony's ... for UV, get the HOYA or B+W which are of excellent quality and are much better in price.

For wide angle adapter... the canon one (can't remember the model) is a good quality alternative which should be less expensive than the Sony's.

Just in case you are interested... I took a shot of my 707 accessories...
DSC08371-707Accessories.jpg

Willy,

Thanks for the picture.
Very impressive & neat layout.

I'm wondering whether the forum can be re-arranged such that a particular "popular" (very subjective) brand (& maybe model) of digital cam can be put into 1 category so that it'll be easier for owners & potential owners to take reference from.

I know it's very difficult to draw the line between having too many categories & making it browsing friendly.

Just my 2 cents...

;) Tony

Originally posted by willyfoo
Just in case you are interested... I took a shot of my 707 accessories...
DSC08371-707Accessories.jpg

:eek: :eek:

laylong ? should indicate the price as well .. :D

Willy,

Ya, I agree with megaweb.
Pls help to give an indicative price (no need to dig & search your receipts)

Thanks in advance.

willy,
wat's the size of the b300 pouch? and how come did u bought it?

Originally posted by mEc
willy,
wat's the size of the b300 pouch? and how come did u bought it?

The B300 pouch is the Lowepro S&F Lens Case 1, it's just enough to fit the B300 in with a nice tight fit. Bought it as I had 'problems' keeping the B300 properly as the lens cap isn't that tight and might easily come off in my toolbox and is bulky that it's hard to keep in my other cases.

Originally posted by willyfoo

The B300 pouch is the Lowepro S&F Lens Case 1, it's just enough to fit the B300 in with a nice tight fit. Bought it as I had 'problems' keeping the B300 properly as the lens cap isn't that tight and might easily come off in my toolbox and is bulky that it's hard to keep in my other cases.

right... and how much was it?
probably getting one, and i hope to know the price just in case i become a carrot victim. :gbounce:

Originally posted by mEc

right... and how much was it?
probably getting one, and i hope to know the price just in case i become a carrot victim. :gbounce:

The List price is @ CP is $26

Originally posted by Mystix
how much is the lens pen and where to get it?

I got the lens pen in Tokyo, but I've seen many places in Singapore selling it.. I forgot the price... anybody has any clues??? Also I'm looking for the tip replacement for it.. anybody seen it anywhere in Singapore??

Status
Not open for further replies.