Sony Cyber Shot V3 7.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
onestoptakeaway said:
Yo flourish, Please post here if you found any shops still selling V3 and the price too. I am seriously looking at getting it for my wife as I am having the V1 myself.:)

Harlo! Back from seriously ill for few days... Hope won't fall "ill" again in the next few weeks - going to sell my Canon 20D...:sweat:

So nice of you to get another cam for your dear wife. Cannot find any V3 leh, so I'm looking at eBay... No local warranty if you don't mind the USA/Canada one but rather ex. Some seemed ok (price and condition wise) but no direct shipment, so gota pay extra if shipped via vpost. I'm thinking of asking my fren's bro who visits Hong Kong very often to get from one of the shops. Juz a little apprehensive cuz he doesn't know anything about camera... so I'm taking a chance ;) Will let you know once I get more info.

Btw, what's your take on the V1?

flourish said:
Harlo! Back from seriously ill for few days... Hope won't fall "ill" again in the next few weeks - going to sell my Canon 20D...:sweat:

So nice of you to get another cam for your dear wife. Cannot find any V3 leh, so I'm looking at eBay... No local warranty if you don't mind the USA/Canada one but rather ex. Some seemed ok (price and condition wise) but no direct shipment, so gota pay extra if shipped via vpost. I'm thinking of asking my fren's bro who visits Hong Kong very often to get from one of the shops. Juz a little apprehensive cuz he doesn't know anything about camera... so I'm taking a chance ;) Will let you know once I get more info.

Btw, what's your take on the V1?

My V1 is Good camera to me and given with all those functions in a rather small/pocket size body, I should say it is GREAT! V3 is the upgrade version with higher resolution and X'tra CF Slot which also indirectly accept SD Card with the CF Adapter. If you are alright with max of 5Mega pixel than I should say V1 will be a good buy since B & S are having really cheap ones. Honestly, how often do we use 5Mega for a photo? Another plus of V1 & V3 are they have uncompress TIFF format rather than just jpeg which is rather important for graphic artist to work with.

onestoptakeaway said:
V3 is the upgrade version with higher resolution and X'tra CF Slot which also indirectly accept SD Card with the CF Adapter.

Hi, just a correction. Sony V3 does not support CF Type II devices, including SD adapters.:)

mudsoap said:
Hi, just a correction. Sony V3 does not support CF Type II devices, including SD adapters.:)
Oops! sorry CF 1 slot don't have SD adapter:(

onestoptakeaway said:
Yo flourish, Please post here if you found any shops still selling V3 and the price too. I am seriously looking at getting it for my wife as I am having the V1 myself.:)
I saw one unit for sales in Courts in Tempines Mall. It is selling for $780. And I believe it is display unit.

poh6702 said:
I saw one unit for sales in Courts in Tempines Mall. It is selling for $780. And I believe it is display unit.
Arrr... just bought the H2 yesterday... so "flourish" the V3 is all yours man!;) By the way, all the previous accessories from V1 like wide/tele converter lens are not compatible to H2 at all.:(

poh6702 said:

Thanks poh6702! (your userid sounds like a police officer ;) ) I'm monitoring the V3 on ebay USA market... But now a little fickle minded cuz V3 got no IS... checking out the Lumix 10 - although only 4 megapixels, has OIS and is really cheap... oso considering F5.. (Sony lovers, don't throw shoes at me...)

onestoptakeaway said:
Arrr... just bought the H2 yesterday... so "flourish" the V3 is all yours man!;) By the way, all the previous accessories from V1 like wide/tele converter lens are not compatible to H2 at all.:(

Gee... H2, thought the hot one now is H1? IF you are free, post a few pix here can? Ya, the manufacturers are so "clever" right.... when we change model, even if it's the same make, we gota buy accessories all over again... burn big holes in pockets...:think:

flourish said:
Thanks poh6702! (your userid sounds like a police officer ;) ) I'm monitoring the V3 on ebay USA market... But now a little fickle minded cuz V3 got no IS... checking out the Lumix 10 - although only 4 megapixels, has OIS and is really cheap... oso considering F5.. (Sony lovers, don't throw shoes at me...)
LOLs... if poh6702 post reply 1 or 2 days earlier I will definitely 'chiong' to Tampines to get the V3 man! Lumix produces pretty good pics but known noise problem when gets above iso200...

flourish said:
Gee... H2, thought the hot one now is H1? IF you are free, post a few pix here can? Ya, the manufacturers are so "clever" right.... when we change model, even if it's the same make, we gota buy accessories all over again... burn big holes in pockets...:think:
The new ones are H2 & H5 (coming) but H1 history liao and no carl Zeiss lens... ppl selling in B & S.

flourish said:
Thanks... was waiting for him 2 erm... lower the rp a little :sweatsm:

He wanna sell n you wanna buy.... :think:
PM him to nego direct loh.
Wait longer... durian also drop liao loh. ;)

flourish said:
Thanks... was waiting for him 2 erm... lower the rp a little :sweatsm:
Aiyoh, The Merz Ads will say "The sooner you get it, the sooner you enjoy it"...lol !:D

To be honest, you might as well PM him your ideal price for an 2nd hand V3 or consider other brand new models like H2 or H5. After trying the H2 for a while, I would say that H2 has some stronger features as compared to V3 or my V1 e.g micro (2cm), strong flash (9m - 16m max), ISO 80, speed - 1K, AA batt, bla....bla but only not as wide as V1 and probably getting an wide converter lens is my next purchase.

onestoptakeaway said:
Aiyoh, The Merz Ads will say "The sooner you get it, the sooner you enjoy it"...lol !:D

To be honest, you might as well PM him your ideal price for an 2nd hand V3 or consider other brand new models like H2 or H5. After trying the H2 for a while, I would say that H2 has some stronger features as compared to V3 or my V1 e.g micro (2cm), strong flash (9m - 16m max), ISO 80, speed - 1K, AA batt, bla....bla but only not as wide as V1 and probably getting an wide converter lens is my next purchase.

Ya... thanks to u, and Morphis also... I read his advert, quite firm in price it seems and I dun wana bargain to death, seller no begger, so quite rude if I offer him like $350 which is what ebay is currently selling lah. Been monitoring on ebay. Brand new is ard S$550 loh...:sweat:

I'm also thinking about the wide angle feature... Will pop by roadshows or MS to consider your recommendation...

Cheers!

onestoptakeaway said:
Lumix produces pretty good pics but known noise problem when gets above iso200...

Ya that's what is stopping me from buying (one of the plus pts is the 16:9 ratio)... the price oso a little steep (for my budget lah). U recommended H2, I'm looking for smthg more compact than that... so kp thinkg of V3, then the widest angle is only from 38mm... Yep yep, no one perfect camera... especially for a fickle-minded person like me :sweatsm: But thanks for all the suggestions!

flourish said:
Ya that's what is stopping me from buying (one of the plus pts is the 16:9 ratio)... the price oso a little steep (for my budget lah). U recommended H2, I'm looking for smthg more compact than that... so kp thinkg of V3, then the widest angle is only from 38mm... Yep yep, no one perfect camera... especially for a fickle-minded person like me :sweatsm: But thanks for all the suggestions!
Well, Lumix LX1 has 16:9 & RAW too.... compact but I think the price is steep.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.