Sony Alpha 850 suitable for IR?

TBSOO

Jan 6, 2010
Is sony alpha 850 suitable for IR?

Is sony alpha 850 suitable for IR?

Don't see why not. It is either a matter of IR filter on lens+tripod+long exposure or IR-mod without the hassle of tripod and long exposure. What matters is really the lens used as some will cause hot spots.

Don't see why not. It is either a matter of IR filter on lens+tripod+long exposure or IR-mod without the hassle of tripod and long exposure. What matters is really the lens used as some will cause hot spots.

Is tamron 28-75mm 2.8 suitable in this case?

Did you check the stickies?
They have quite alot of information on the compatibility of len & cameras.

Yup, I did. This lens is not mentioned.

hmm, I hv no idea too :dunno:

can try renting the lens to try?

and i am not to sure bout this, but i heard that chances of hotspots are lesser when using screw-on filters, rather than a modded-SLR.

anyone to verify this?
thanks!

and i am not to sure bout this, but i heard that chances of hotspots are lesser when using screw-on filters, rather than a modded-SLR.

anyone to verify this?
thanks!

hmm, not sure about that but I seem to have come across an exception. before i converted my KM7D to IR, i tried my lenses with a screw-on IR filter and vaguely remember my Sony 50mm was ok, amongst a few others. but when i got my cam converted eventually, the Sony 50mm seems to show a very faint hot spot...not the very 'hot' type but enough to be spotted :( luckily i still have other lenses to play with. :)

anyone to verify this?
thanks!

I used to have a KM 28-75mm, rebranded tamron..

If I remember correctly it used to have hotspot.. :think:
Cannot test it now since ive sold the lens