Sony A7/(r) image sharing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, had no idea the 1635CZ also had so much distortion. I always thought it was a really good lens. Seems like every UWA on he A7 suffers this issue

This is keystone distortion.
Point any WA lens upwards and this is bound to be.

If you want to avoid it, you got to shoot straight w/o pointing up.
Else use a tilt shift lens.
Or use PP

Last edited:
Ok..only for you :)

10446210_582575561859801_6052355465952960926_o.jpg

10494359_582661388517885_4485421416372499683_o.jpg

very nice! such great photography skills.

nosebleed liao. haha

Wah seems like only use a7 or a7r can take this kinda pics. Must BBBBB

Ok..only for you :)

10446210_582575561859801_6052355465952960926_o.jpg

10494359_582661388517885_4485421416372499683_o.jpg

the baby fats spilling out is extremely unsightly. you should have liquified them away. also you forgot some of the stretch marks and other lines. they could use some dodging and burning.

lastly, the eyes look too sharp. applying too much skin smoothening caused them to pop out too much.

and finally, like i've mentioned previously, the lighting is causing uneven skin tones which are just too distracting.

all these points to take note of.

portraiture is more than just a hot lady posing in skimpy lingerie. if that's all you're setting out to achieve, then you might as well shoot with a PNS camera.

the baby fats spilling out is extremely unsightly. you should have liquified them away. also you forgot some of the stretch marks and other lines. they could use some dodging and burning.

lastly, the eyes look too sharp. applying too much skin smoothening caused them to pop out too much.

and finally, like i've mentioned previously, the lighting is causing uneven skin tones which are just too distracting.

all these points to take note of.

portraiture is more than just a hot lady posing in skimpy lingerie. if that's all you're setting out to achieve, then you might as well shoot with a PNS camera.

I understand about the liquify issue. I did do it a little but i also tried to remove all the fats completely but that actually made her figure look too much like a barbie doll proportions and kinda unrealistic so i didn't over do it.
All the images were shot with just a single light over head so the bottom half is always too dark.. It wasn't my lights and wasn't my setup...so in a way, all i was doing is PnS...
I'm not a studio shooting person really..i have next to nothing knowledge about shooting with studio lights or fashion editing.

This is keystone distortion.
Point any WA lens upwards and this is bound to be.

If you want to avoid it, you got to shoot straight w/o pointing up.
Else use a tilt shift lens.
Or use PP

yeah true bro just level the lens along the horizon should auto fix the issue even the Samyang 8mm FE lens could de-fish without PP :). But one thing I like with 1635 is straight lines is almost straight the below are taken by 1625ZA at wide open F2.8

14263318412_03c2c8d1e1_h.jpg

14263318342_3cfa9f025e_b.jpg

This one @ f8
14294872903_4474330d3e_b.jpg

no PP correction unless it has in body correction by A7r as I shoot JPEG will try to shoot RAW next time and see how bad the distortion

Last edited:
I understand about the liquify issue. I did do it a little but i also tried to remove all the fats completely but that actually made her figure look too much like a barbie doll proportions and kinda unrealistic so i didn't over do it.
All the images were shot with just a single light over head so the bottom half is always too dark.. It wasn't my lights and wasn't my setup...so in a way, all i was doing is PnS...
I'm not a studio shooting person really..i have next to nothing knowledge about shooting with studio lights or fashion editing.

Well, one thing for you to remember from here on out is that you also have to portray the model in a good light as well. By doing what you did, you're just spoiling her image.

Shallow as it sounds, that's an inconvenient truth

Well, one thing for you to remember from here on out is that you also have to portray the model in a good light as well. By doing what you did, you're just spoiling her image.

Shallow as it sounds, that's an inconvenient truth

I don't see how i spoiled her image in such a bad way. Does anyone else here think i portrayed her in a way i did her injustice? Perhaps i should just post a SOOC jpg image? I portrayed her to the best of my limited abilities and if it's not a professional enough job, well, that's why i'm not a professional photographer or retoucher. Like most people, i just do this for the fun of it, not for a living. I pay to shoot, i don't get paid to shoot. I don't think i did that bad a job that people see her photo will avoid her the next time they see her.

Last edited:
I don't see how i spoiled her image in such a bad way. Does anyone else here think i portrayed her in a way i did her injustice? Perhaps i should just post a SOOC jpg image? I portrayed her to the best of my limited abilities and if it's not a professional enough job, well, that's why i'm not a professional photographer or retoucher. Like most people, i just do this for the fun of it, not for a living. I pay to shoot, i don't get paid to shoot. I don't think i did that bad a job that people see her photo will avoid her the next time they see her.

Just ignore kei1309's comments. We all liked your shots!
Keep em coming!

Reactions: spinworkxroy
Sharing thread nia... chill.. everyone can have their own opinions...

I am not pro so any nice pics can liao. Leg dark dark oso no prob most important thing is lighted well hehe

We all learn from different advices. If posting in forum just to hear good words, will be hard to improve. Isn't it?

Leica Summilux 50mm f/1.4 ASPH on Sony A7 at f/1.4...

A7S preview shot by the A7 + FD85mm F1.2L. Think my A7 mastered sensitivity pretty well too!

Untitled by ricleosg, on Flickr

These next 2 are using MF in the pitch dark room he was showing the A7s low light capabilities in

Last edited:
A7S preview shot by the A7 + FD85mm F1.2L. Think my A7 mastered sensitivity pretty well too!

https://flic.kr/p/nMUYj1Untitled by ricleosg, on Flickr

https://flic.kr/p/nMUY15Untitled by ricleosg, on Flickr

https://flic.kr/p/o5ppPHUntitled by ricleosg, on Flickr

These next 2 are using MF in the pitch dark room he was showing the A7s low light capabilities in
https://flic.kr/p/nMV9yCUntitled by ricleosg, on Flickr

https://flic.kr/p/nMUUQNUntitled by ricleosg, on Flickr

i bow to the manual lens master, really nice shots bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.