Someone Hack into my account and send emails from my account!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A frd got his Gmail hacked, emails were sent to his contacts.
Found that they got into his 'Vacaton Responder' notifier and pasted the email there.:)

er... what is 'Vacaton Responder' :dunno::sweat:

sounds like a keylogger to me..

sometimes when you download files ... keylogger bugs maybe attached to it..

I ever kena is using credit card to purchase my mcdonald online , and next thing i know at the end of the month is , someone subscribe a membership on dont know what website for US$34.95. and i got to file a dispute to the bank on unauthorized transaction.

So give your computer a good scan.. bugs maybe hiding in your HD somewhere in the file. :)

This reminds me of the time when my sister's yahoo account got hacked haha. The hacker was also stupid enough to give away his own yahoo account name, so my sister and her friends decided to get revenge on the guy. They made another yahoo account, added him on messenger, then used this hot girl's webcam, then tried to "hook up" with him. Then they actually arranged for him to meet this hot girl in real life. Then my sister's guy friends came and beat him up to a bloody pulp haha. Heard he got charged for identity theft afterwards. And er don't get any ideas from my post, I'm just telling you a real life story ^^"

This reminds me of the time when my sister's yahoo account got hacked haha. The hacker was also stupid enough to give away his own yahoo account name, so my sister and her friends decided to get revenge on the guy. They made another yahoo account, added him on messenger, then used this hot girl's webcam, then tried to "hook up" with him. Then they actually arranged for him to meet this hot girl in real life. Then my sister's guy friends came and beat him up to a bloody pulp haha. Heard he got charged for identity theft afterwards. And er don't get any ideas from my post, I'm just telling you a real life story ^^"
coolstorybronv.jpg

I've TT the money to you. Hope you enjoy your holiday in Norway.

u use mac rite???

Coming from IT background, i suspect that the e-mail address is forged. Unless you are very sure that it came from the e-mail headers info.

Coming from IT background, i suspect that the e-mail address is forged. Unless you are very sure that it came from the e-mail headers info.

It might be trivial to forge emails, but it appears this person's yahoo account was altered and the recipients were from their address book.

So on the face of it it looks like a Yahoo account compromise (stolen password) rather than a forged email. A mear forged email would be changing their Yahoo settings.

I once got an email claiming to be from my boss that was one of those classic 'phishing' type emails. I traced it to a PC in an adjacent building. The 'desktop support' bods in the end had to reformat and reinstall the PC, as the malware just wasn't going to let go.

The program picked the WRONG person to send itself to! Being the network/systems admin I had the tools to track it to it's source and then disconnected the network to the offending PC till the DTS guys gave the all clear.

It might be trivial to forge emails, but it appears this person's yahoo account was altered and the recipients were from their address book.

So on the face of it it looks like a Yahoo account compromise (stolen password) rather than a forged email. A mear forged email would be changing their Yahoo settings.

I once got an email claiming to be from my boss that was one of those classic 'phishing' type emails. I traced it to a PC in an adjacent building. The 'desktop support' bods in the end had to reformat and reinstall the PC, as the malware just wasn't going to let go.

The program picked the WRONG person to send itself to! Being the network/systems admin I had the tools to track it to it's source and then disconnected the network to the offending PC till the DTS guys gave the all clear.

i like this:thumbsup: its always good to know ur computer well. even if dunno, learn a bit also good;)

That's the problem, I did not use any public computer. The only pleace I use com to log into my email is my office, my head office, home and my phone and I always set my setting so that I have to log in again whenever I close the yahoo page.

there are many ways to "hack" your password even if you dont use any public computer

check if your PC has any spyware that keylog your password (and everything else that you have typed)

do you use the same password for other forums? it is very easy for the forum owner to extract your password if he wants to.

I just saw one of these on the Indianapolis, Indiana U.S.A. news tonight. The man was working on his farm while e-mails were sent from his account to 2200+ people requesting money by Western Union to help him return from Europe.

Maybe, I'll get a chance to travel to Europe soon, too. ::changes e-mail password to 12345:: :bsmilie:

Yeap, it's a stolen password from my yahoo account sent to all in my contacts in the yahoo account. I've spoken to yahoo and they are looking into it.

there are many ways to "hack" your password even if you dont use any public computer

check if your PC has any spyware that keylog your password (and everything else that you have typed)

do you use the same password for other forums? it is very easy for the forum owner to extract your password if he wants to.
Thanks, I'll check.

i would be glad to be that hacker.

can i have your password? :devil:

u picked the wrong guy lah.. he's well known for shooting rocks.. and cats.. not XMM.. but then.. if you're interest in pussy.... as in pussy cat..................... :devil:

Nope, did not download any files, don't use msn and delete all unknown emails and always log off after end of the day.

I think my case is not just torjan as the person even went into my email account info and add in his email contact as an alt. email reply as well as add him email add as my Y! messenger, don't think this can be done by a virus program.

maybe your contact's email was compromised.. and the bug was sent from his/her a/c to you. So you unknowingly opened it and executed the trojan/keylogger/virus.

The virus don't do all those things.. it'll just send the password to the person.. and then the person will hack into your yahoo or whatever account from the whatever useful data that the keylogger has acquired. The keylogger captures keystrokes.. so it's possible that thru some data scanning, to find out what site/services the userid and password is for.

If you make police report, the police may be able to trace who is the person who hacked into the account, with the ISP's help.

That is, if the keylogger had sent data out.. there might be some trace..

Status
Not open for further replies.