Solmeta Geotagger N1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffy

Jul 4, 2002
Tim Bat Tu
Hi, I would like to find out from those who used the geotagger n1, whether if any settings is needed on the camera to get it to work.

I've purchased it a week ago and I've not been able to get it to work. I've
(1) Charged the device for 2+ hours
(2) Connected it using the 10 pin cable provided
(3) Switched the device to "on" on a clear day at the beach area (Not under any shade)
(4) The camera with the geotagger was on mounted on a tripod

For some odd reason, I could not get a signal for almost 20 mins. I switched it to off, and waited about 5 mins before switching it to on again. This time round, I waited for another 10 mins before calling it a day.

The device kept flashing very fast (> once a sec) for the entire duration, there was a blinking "GPS" whenever the camera's meter was on.

I have another 2 GPS that worked under the same conditions at the same location & time. My HP business navigator handphone and an external garmin gps. Both acquired signal in less than 2 mins.

This is the first time I've got a gps specially for a camera. Appreciate if any experienced user can tell if its a user problem or a product fault.

Sounds like you have a defective set. Contact Solmeta, describe the problem and ask for a replacement if necessary.

1) Try to use the camera battery.

2) GPS -> Auto Meter Off -> Disable.

HTH.

Thanks acroamatic :)

xtemujin: I'll try tonight and let you know if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.