Softbox for flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photography is a hobby, so spend within your means. Think carefully and buy once; changing your mind later or upgrading cost money. :nono:

Lastolite quality is top notch. I have bought and sold off the Photoflex kit which cost more (See below). Manfrotto lightstand quality is :thumbsup: too.

As you can probably guess from my equipment choice, beggars cant be choosers ;)

But what you say makes a lot of sense. I might be getting a Manfrotto lightstand with a nice hotshoe+umbrella holder and a Photek Softlighter instead. The Softlighter is damn expensive for an umbrella but its cheaper than a softbox and I have seen online videos of Annie Leibowitz using one and if the quality of light is good enough for her, its good enough for most people.

I used a clamp and a hotshoe ballhead. This combo can also be used to hold the flash if necessary. ;)

The clamp is from tagotech.com
http://store.tagotech.com/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=159

Hotshoe ballhead is from Cathay Photo. It's a rare item.
"ISE" brand. $22. Good buy.

ohs but without the ballhead, still can attach the pocketwizard directly to the clamp right?
Thank you anw! :)

Just happen to bump into this thread.

60cm easy foldable softbox (comes with bag) coming soon (around April) in www.tagotech.com
Price not firmed yet, similar to our other products, it will be the best (if not one of the best) value around.

softbox-easy-fold.jpg

just wondering, is/will the softbox one package with the swivel adapter/holder and the stand?
i do mainly headshots, so 60cm would be just find for me... :D

opps, got my answer from tago tech website ;p

yup. But, the problem of using only the screw thread on the clamp _is_ the PW can only be tighten at one orientation.

That's another solution here...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kongping/2382232299/

:bsmilie: Of coz u can always hang the PW.

just wondering, is/will the softbox one package with the swivel adapter/holder and the stand?
i do mainly headshots, so 60cm would be just find for me... :D

Other than the flash and light stand, everything in the picture is included in the package. :)

I have a question, I am planing to buy this but how will i be able to attach my pt04 v2 to this and my 580exii ? I do not want to use ettl I prefer it to be triggered by pt04, What do i need?

Just happen to bump into this thread.

60cm easy foldable softbox (comes with bag) coming soon (around April) in www.tagotech.com
Price not firmed yet, similar to our other products, it will be the best (if not one of the best) value around.

softbox-easy-fold.jpg

I have a question, I am planing to buy this but how will i be able to attach my pt04 v2 to this and my 580exii ? I do not want to use ettl I prefer it to be triggered by pt04, What do i need?

pc sync.

The thing is i am afride that if i were to connect the pt04v2 to my 580Exii the height of it might not be able to fit to this softbox. I need to attach my pt04 off my 580exii and connect it via pc sync. I wanna know where can i get that pc sync?

The thing is i am afride that if i were to connect the pt04v2 to my 580Exii the height of it might not be able to fit to this softbox. I need to attach my pt04 off my 580exii and connect it via pc sync. I wanna know where can i get that pc sync?

The height of the round ring in the picture is adjustable. See the screw knob just below the round ring.
Confirmed and tested no problem fitting pt04 with flash like 580ex. I do not have a picture thou.

cooool thanks i am getting 1 from u.

The height of the round ring in the picture is adjustable. See the screw knob just below the round ring.
Confirmed and tested no problem fitting pt04 with flash like 580ex. I do not have a picture thou.

Status
Not open for further replies.