So you want to LF...

Expose the film

If the light condition does not change a lot, then it is OK to release the shutter now.
But if you are slow in loading the film, or that the light condition changes, it is then necessary to again meter the scene to get the new exposure value.

FIRE !
b59d0574.jpg

GENTLY slide back the dark side.
Be sure that you have flipped the dark side around, so that you know this sheet of film has been exposed.
b59d0578.jpg

place the film holder into the zip-lock bag.
b59d0580.jpg

you have now successfully captured an image onto the film.

congratulations....
The procedure may seems very tedious, it is.... but, after getting used to the steps, you will be able to do it very quickly.

cheers,
Billy

Wow Master B, who took photo of you :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
I carried the large format camera plus another canon EOS-1D, with 2 tripods ....
and walked all the way to the bridge to shoot this alone :)

FOUR more items you need:

1. MONEY no money no honey
2. STRENGTH unless you have maid to carry for you
3. TIME no time means everything sitting around
4. PROCESS no processing mean shoot blank

I was surfing the Internet for those brass lens and thinking of getting a couple of Brass lens. Was inspired by some of the brass lens user that I met during the last LF gathering... Am looking at around 150mm focal lens... Any recommendation?

Very nice thread.
I read we have to use underwear only while working in the darkroom. Also beach sandal in hunting? :) *kidding*

Some suggested lens for those who wants to get in:

Nikon Nikkor SW 75mm F/4.5 - very clean and sharp images modern look

Rodenstock 90mm f8 Geronar-WA MC Wide Angle Lens - German lens with modern rendition

Schneider Kreuznach Symmar-S 135mm f/5.6 - some antique taste in B&W but color very rich

Rodenstock Sironar-n 180mm f/5.6 - Super Sharp lens with beautiful colors

Fujinon W 180mm f/5.6 - a bit too clinical for color but good for Macro upto 5x7 810

Fujinon W 210mm f/5.6 - one of my Favourite very nice and sharp with human feel

Fujinon SF 300mm f/5.6 - rare and superb lens, one of the best in SF wide open. Stop down is insanely sharp

Reactions: paapoopa
FOUR more items you need:

1. MONEY no money no honey
2. STRENGTH unless you have maid to carry for you
3. TIME no time means everything sitting around
4. PROCESS no processing mean shoot blank

need to have patience and planning and technical know how... bcos these camera are heavy and hard to setup, so it is tough to bring them around when u find that u didn't get a good spot after setting up the camera...

the camera is not easy to use also... but it helps u to learn photography technically well...

http://www.arnecroell.com/lenstests.pdf

extract:

Large Format Lens Tests
© Arne Cröll 2007-2012. All rights reserved. This version is from November 18, 2012
Below are the results of some tests of large format lenses I did over the years. ............

So I am trying to master Medium Format with Fuji FP instant peel apart and kenna poison by Large Format while learning more about MF and sheet film.. KNN next time must tag along LF / MF outing to witness myself. ;p

Recently i'm experimental with peel off polaroid with portrait. And im so into it. currently using polaroid land 100, but wanted to get something that i can get full of control (camerea land 195 is good but i wanted to a better one). Any recommendation which medium or large format that is good for polaroid? Graflex 4x5? please help :)

One of our MF/LF members was using a Mamiya Press Universal for the Fuji FP100s. The 6x9 format of the camera fits the Fuji instant frame nicely and allows much more controls over the Land cameras.

Recently i'm experimental with peel off polaroid with portrait. And im so into it. currently using polaroid land 100, but wanted to get something that i can get full of control (camerea land 195 is good but i wanted to a better one). Any recommendation which medium or large format that is good for polaroid? Graflex 4x5? please help :)

Hello there as a fellow instant fanatic, a 4x5 camera especially a graflex won't help cause it's slow to use compared to the land and mamiya press cameras, it's tough to find a graflex with a grafloc that takes the Polaroid back. Secondly the ground glass shows 4x5 not the Fp size so framing is a problem even if you decide to shoot slowly. I recommend the press although heavy but fully manual and has sweet bokeh. Expensive but you might also consider option8 for converted cameras to shoot both FP and 4x5. It's priced around the same as a press setup but lighter

8x10 polaroid ???
super expensive stuff... :thumbsup:

I did not own this camera before, but ... based on construction.
It looks stable enough.. but, VERY HEAVY ( think carefully ).

You will also need good and stable tripod , film holder, huge huge dark bag, developing tank , chemicals etc etc... to complete the setup :sweat:

enjoy.:)

recently came across this on ebay, thinking of getting it to shoot 8x10 polaroid. any LF master know about this camera?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Calumet-8X1...361841?hash=item41ad1ef6b1:g:E-QAAOSwGIRXbDDF