SMRT reports Q4 net loss of S$11.9m

Public Transport Council - Annual Fare Review Process

go do some reading on the Public Transport Council website

They have also got a chronology or timeline of increases, fare adjustment formula (sorry, its not tikam or suka suka) including ticket/fare rebates back to the public (OMG) over the years

PTC? see who are those ppl sitting in that first.

Yes, many say it's a wayang committee. How many of those members take public transport?

They can't even resolve the breakdowns and mis-management, they dare to think abt venturing overseas? My toes are laughing.

If you think that resolving all the faults within the past year is easy, then by all means, tell us how you would handle it.

Uncle Diver-hloc already explained this, and there's been discussions on this issue.

The upcoming Thomson line or whatever it's called will be running side-by-side to it. One of the possibilities is that the old one will be shut down for an overhaul once that's completed.

They can't even resolve the breakdowns and mis-management, they dare to think abt venturing overseas? My toes are laughing.

Mis-management maybe but i don't see the link between resolving breakdowns and venturing overseas. ComfortDelGro do have their fair share of breakdowns in the past.

Last edited:
i be smrt chief exec . fix all faults . and i can haz a cheese burger too.

Everything mechanical and electrical will subject to failure, more so when equipment ages. All can be done is to mitigate by minimize frequency, impact and service recovery.

Whoever sits there as CEO, the above facts will remain but just how well he/she manages them. My only concern is that many of our 'to guns' have no real exposures in the commercial world. Very theory and academic.

Serving as a high level officer in a GLC or civil service and the real corporate level is world apart. If we can simply cut and paste, it would be easy.

Let these scholars work in the private sector or even oversea before putting them in senior position. Not from school to the uniform group, MP then sits on the board. They will be our future leaders.

Wonder if even just one member of those in the committee takes public transport everyday. Just like the case of my company's canteen committee members who dont even eats food from the cafeteria.

Public Transport Council - Annual Fare Review Process

go do some reading on the Public Transport Council website

They have also got a chronology or timeline of increases, fare adjustment formula (sorry, its not tikam or suka suka) including ticket/fare rebates back to the public (OMG) over the years

Wonder if even just one member of those in the committee takes public transport everyday. Just like the case of my company's canteen committee members who dont even eats food from the cafeteria.

heck my uncle used to run a restaurant in SG, and he NEVER eats outside food even from his own restaurant, always eat home-cooked food.

Everything mechanical and electrical will subject to failure, more so when equipment ages. All can be done is to mitigate by minimize frequency, impact and service recovery.

Whoever sits there as CEO, the above facts will remain but just how well he/she manages them. My only concern is that many of our 'to guns' have no real exposures in the commercial world. Very theory and academic.

Serving as a high level officer in a GLC or civil service and the real corporate level is world apart. If we can simply cut and paste, it would be easy.

Let these scholars work in the private sector or even oversea before putting them in senior position. Not from school to the uniform group, MP then sits on the board. They will be our future leaders.

Problem is, after the exposure and lucrative salaries in the private sector, i doubt that any would want to return

Problem is, after the exposure and lucrative salaries in the private sector, i doubt that any would want to return

the lamest argument i have ever heard is "you must pay me a million bucks because that's what I am worth in private sector". But the truth is...if he were, he wouldn't be sitting where he is sitting...

the lamest argument i have ever heard is "you must pay me a million bucks because that's what I am worth in private sector". But the truth is...if he were, he wouldn't be sitting where he is sitting...

who said that? :bsmilie:

setting up a "yo mama" joke :bsmilie:

I am in the opinion that we rather have someone who knows the job than learning on the job, especially for CEO position. So before you put that person there, do let him learn and not spoon fed him in a controlled environment. Otherwise, the frog never leaps out of the well!

I am not referring to anyone in particular but generally on how we groom our leaders. At a certain level, it is also not always about $. The prestige and fulfillment associated with the post.

I am still curious what a Master of Arts in Engineering Science means.