Sitex IT fair

Go there and buy those hourly special lelong PnS camera maybe can lah...
Go buy Dslr is really a big no no...

lots of gullible shoppers.
I suppose there are some good deals around. But those products usually don't interest me, and the crowds are the biggest turn-off.

Last 3 or 4 times I went to such shows, always walked away with feeling of regret and "why did I even bother?" feeling...

Really? Haha. Well for me I Go down to the fairs if I have the time which usually I do to see if there's anything I can buy, if not I'll walk off. For me crowds are still alright la as long as they don stink.

lots of gullible shoppers.
I suppose there are some good deals around. But those products usually don't interest me, and the crowds are the biggest turn-off.

Last 3 or 4 times I went to such shows, always walked away with feeling of regret and "why did I even bother?" feeling...

Haha, comp lag so i didnt know i posted it thrice until today. ;)

You really believe all that marketing stuffs, don't you? Please do some proper comparison. For that purpose the forum has a price guide section here.

Heh, I'm starting to feel pretty silly now. I do want my dream camera (D3100, BTW) and some of the freebies do seem attractive. Perhaps I should go check out those places mentioned in the price guide lists on Saturday instead of squeezing with the crowd at whatever fair they have these days.

If You want lotsa freebies that you "paid" for, please proceed to the IT fair and join the Q and the squeeze.

If you want to save some $$$ but yet get the camera you wanted, please proceed to the neighbourhood shops recommended in this forum and save some extra bucks and your Q-ing time ;p

Time is money, isn't it?? :bsmilie: Well, thanks for your opinion. I do realise that those freebies are ultimately paid for by the customers (not that dumb)... Just needed to understand the logic behind why so many people here insist on those "neighbourhood shops recommended in this forum". You guys are avoiding the fairs like how I'd never purchase cameras from courts. :think:

There may be freebies and discounts (compared to the recommended retail price), but it might be worth your while to call some of the retailers listed in the price guides on these forums.

As an example, when my wife bought her Canon s90 earlier this year, it was being "offered" at the RRP (granted, with freebies thrown in) during the (hmmm... I can't even remember which event it was). She bought it at Paris Silk for about $100 less.

I guess I'd have to learn from you guys here! Be abit more diligent and I may just spend those extra cash on what I need instead of the freebies...

Heh, I'm starting to feel pretty silly now. I do want my dream camera (D3100, BTW) and some of the freebies do seem attractive. Perhaps I should go check out those places mentioned in the price guide lists on Saturday instead of squeezing with the crowd at whatever fair they have these days.

Time is money, isn't it?? :bsmilie: Well, thanks for your opinion. I do realise that those freebies are ultimately paid for by the customers (not that dumb)... Just needed to understand the logic behind why so many people here insist on those "neighbourhood shops recommended in this forum". You guys are avoiding the fairs like how I'd never purchase cameras from courts. :think:

I guess I'd have to learn from you guys here! Be abit more diligent and I may just spend those extra cash on what I need instead of the freebies...
you don't need to believe us...
Just go and check out the reputable camera stores. Pick up some quotes for basic kits (eg. DSLR + kit lens only). Compare these prices with what is achievable at those mega expos.

If you want, find out the prices for those cheap freebies as well. Things like the blower, cloth, even the tripod can be bought fairly cheaply. Worse, the tripod is not something that you'd want to be using after some experience with it.

Not too attracted by the freebies.
But i guess maybe i should just wait for the IT show and then decide which one is better ;)
Gonna go there to molest the cameras.:D

Not too attracted by the freebies.
But i guess maybe i should just wait for the IT show and then decide which one is better ;)
Gonna go there to molest the cameras.:D
yeah I guess no harm to shop around.
But I've seen some people post on CS about wanting to WAIT for these shows before buying, which is silly:

1) Price usually not better
2) wasting time waiting instead of taking photos

and errrr..... you female right? 'Molest' cameras sounds wrong coming from you.... ;)

yeah I guess no harm to shop around.
But I've seen some people post on CS about wanting to WAIT for these shows before buying, which is silly:

1) Price usually not better
2) wasting time waiting instead of taking photos

and errrr..... you female right? 'Molest' cameras sounds wrong coming from you.... ;)

I used to wait til the fairs came before buying things. Not cameras, just some IT stuff. I'll be sure to drop by those reputable shops this weekend and get some quotes from them. (And by quotes you guys mean the prices, right?? Sorry, really new here.)

Who said that girls can't go around molesting cameras?? I've been doing that to my friend's Canon 550D (or is it 500D?!) for a long while now. Haha, I think he's pissy about it! Ah, it's understandable. People get possessive about their cameras, I know!!! ;p

Who said that girls can't go around molesting cameras?? I've been doing that to my friend's Canon 550D (or is it 500D?!) for a long while now. Haha, I think he's pissy about it! Ah, it's understandable. People get possessive about their cameras, I know!!! ;p
Sure, cause they 'invested' in a camera, now wondering how to make full use of it / to maximize usage and returns. Forgetting that all what they got is a piece of consumer electronics :sweat:

:thumbsup: swee lah!

i got 7d and 70200mk2 at 5780 12 months installment..

was actually want to wait for IT show then go and buy from funan one.. cos might have more memory card and extra freebies and all

is 5780 for that 2 items for installment plan expensive or not ar?

is 5780 for that 2 items for installment plan expensive or not ar?

Let's see now... 2 minutes of looking at the priceguide...

7d body = 2170 with 8GB card
70-200 f/2.8 II = 3350

So, 5520.

Let's see now... 2 minutes of looking at the priceguide...

7d body = 2170 with 8GB card
70-200 f/2.8 II = 3350

So, 5520.

hmm..freebies are 'worth' $260 then. haa. Certainly not worth its value.

Sure, cause they 'invested' in a camera, now wondering how to make full use of it / to maximize usage and returns. Forgetting that all what they got is a piece of consumer electronics :sweat:

Haha, hey don't forget that some of us here can't afford a DSLR at the age of 15, much less change a camera every few years! :cry: So perhaps it's given that one would be possessive about a "piece of consumer electronics". :dunno:

let me share my experience of buying from pc show/comex/sitex/whatever :D

basically my dad wanted to get from there(because his friend told him its the 'best deal with alot of freebies') but i repeatedly told him not to. nvm, LL since he paying i got nothing to say also.

bought my 550d there at 1449 with kit lens and include gst. free gifts are:dry cabi 30L, extra batt, extra sd card, tripod(cui ballhead), crumpler bag, cui cleaning kit, user guide, lens workbook and sd card holder.

at that time neighbourhood shops(if you would call it that) were selling the kit for 11xx. lets assume a conservative estimate of 1150(i've had friends who bargained to 10xx).

1449-1150=299 for freebies!

now let me breakdown the freebies and show you whether its worth it

dry cabi=$110
batt=$25(3rd party, some say has higher capacity too!)
8gb sd card=idk..probably less than 20?
tripod(its so cui that im gonna change it now)=probably less than 30 for that quality
crumpler bag=$170?
cleaning kit=less than $5
user guide and workbook(basically useless since they're just books with some pretty pictures)
sd card holder(also useless unless you have 4-5 sd cards :))

if you actually look at it, the crumpler bag is not much of a bargain since you can get a decent camera bag at half or less the price. so essentially the only goodies worth the money here is the dri cabi...take it that im paying 299 for 30L dry cabi :)

worst thing is the tripod, i dont even think i should have factored in the cost into the freebies since im gonna get another one now anyway :S

Last edited:
Just to add on, the crumpler bag is a free gift by Canon.. so u will get it too even tho u purchase at a neighbourhood shop.. just buy during the promo period.. it doesn't matter where you buy.. just as long as its within the stipulated period and u get the bag free from Canon :)

you also 'cha bo'....? I see.. paiseh...

my remark was more in jest, as 'molest' is a term I don't associate with a female doing... y'know.... so far I haven't heard of a female molester... :devil:

ok anyway that's going WAyyyyy off course.

People get possessive for various reasons. Perhaps due to the cost.
I've observed a number of Singaporean CSers (esp newbies) tend to 'baby' their cameras, treating it like the most fragile thing on Earth.
"OMG! There's a speck of dust on the lens!!!! :eek:" probably sounds familiar

To share one of my experiences at one of the IT shows earlier this year.

I already knew beforehand I wouldn't buy my camera there (thanks to the bros here!) but I wanted to go look look see see. Went to the Samsung booth to check the prices of the NX 10 since I was thinking of getting it then. When the guy quoted me the price which is 200 more than MS Color, I told him as much.

His reply is "We'll throw in a Blu-ray player for you! Can MS Color do that?"

Needless to say I walked away...