Sirui T-1004x or T1005x ??

good to hear the feedbacks guys. i cant justify spending that much on a tripod. better used on a lens personally.

S$5000 camera systems , expensive body, expensive lens, but on a S$50 tripod, 1 knock from the running kids or sudden gust of strong wind ( remember, we got the once in 50 yrs floods and heavy rain and wind ) , and all that will really go down the drain. Its a system. Do not let the tripod be the weakest link in the system, especially if you are a heavy user of tripod , eg doing alot of night, Long exposure or Time lapse shoots.

I was deciding between the T1004X and T1204. All specs being equal, apart from being Alum Alloy and Carbon Fiber. For 300g and S$150 difference, I felt the T1004X was a better choice for a broke man like me. :sweat:

But the height was abit of an issue for me. I need to extend the centre column by a fair bit in order for the VF to reach my eyes. That bothers me. As I felt, with the centre column extended by almost 75%, it makes the tripod less stable.

I do not need the small compact size of the T1004X. So the nice guys at TK recommended the R1204 for me. Nice height for a 1.7m guy like me, and best of all, its CF. So for additional $110 over the T1004X, I get CF and the suitable height for me.

Last edited:
S$5000 camera systems , expensive body, expensive lens, but on a S$50 tripod, 1 knock from the running kids or sudden gust of strong wind ( remember, we got the once in 50 yrs floods and heavy rain and wind ) , and all that will really go down the drain. Its a system. Do not let the tripod be the weakest link in the system, especially if you are a heavy user of tripod , eg doing alot of night, Long exposure or Time lapse shoots.

I was deciding between the T1004X and T1204. All specs being equal, apart from being Alum Alloy and Carbon Fiber. For 300g and S$150 difference, I felt the T1004X was a better choice for a broke man like me. :sweat:

But the height was abit of an issue for me. I need to extend the centre column by a fair bit in order for the VF to reach my eyes. That bothers me. As I felt, with the centre column extended by almost 75%, it makes the tripod less stable.

I do not need the small compact size of the T1004X. So the nice guys at TK recommended the R1204 for me. Nice height for a 1.7m guy like me, and best of all, its CF. So for additional $110 over the T1004X, I get CF and the suitable height for me.

The R1204 you bought came with a G10 or G20 ballhead?

The Ball head did not come together with the tripod. I paid for my G10. So are the tripod bag, allen keys and the 6 years warranty. Nothing is free.

Can i ask? How much you bought in total?

Cannot ask. :bsmilie:

S$290 for R1204. I would say this is the best value for $$ Sirui CF tripod, with the right height for someone like me.

R1204 with G10, total weight 1.2kg. My body + workhorse lens = about 2kg. Case of heavy top, light bottom. There is still a risk of toppling over, being CF doesn't mean it will reduce the risk of toppling over. CF only reduce the carrying weight, ( good for those who walkabout alot ) and probably higher max load compared to say Alum Alloy

I will still hang my camera bag ( or water bottle ) on the CF tripod to make it heavier, at least slightly more than the weight of whatever I mount on top.

Cannot ask. :bsmilie:

S$290 for R1204. I would say this is the best value for $$ Sirui CF tripod, with the right height for someone like me.

R1204 with G10, total weight 1.2kg. My body + workhorse lens = about 2kg. Case of heavy top, light bottom. There is still a risk of toppling over, being CF doesn't mean it will reduce the risk of toppling over. CF only reduce the carrying weight, ( good for those who walkabout alot ) and probably higher max load compared to say Alum Alloy

I will still hang my camera bag ( or water bottle ) on the CF tripod to make it heavier, at least slightly more than the weight of whatever I mount on top.

CF and Alum alloy both offer the same max load in Sirui's line.

CF is lighter to carry, and in some cases, it offers more vibration damping.

But a lighter tripod is less stable, so you need to weigh it down.

CF and Alum alloy both offer the same max load in Sirui's line.

CF is lighter to carry, and in some cases, it offers more vibration damping.

But a lighter tripod is less stable, so you need to weigh it down.

THanks for the info on vibration damping..

Same here, thinking whether to spend the extra $150. T1004x +G-20 = 1.5kg , T1204+G-20= 1.2kg. Is 300gm in terms of tripod usage (mainly for travelling) critical?

300gm for $150? ouch...but its taller i believe

Last edited: