Singapore's DBS cuts 900 jobs, reports 38 percent fall in Q3 profit

Status
Not open for further replies.
they have less profit and they starts to retrench ppl oredi? wat happens if their book is red? close the company? they are one greedy *******.

i wonder how these HR can find 900 in such a short time for "mass culling". :bsmilie:

leaner workforce for a tighter ship. does it mean they had some on payroll for little good reason? :think: wad were they doing all the while?

a more interesting question is do they really expect their remaining workforce to do more work for the same pay with less people and still achieve better results?

Well if they did nothing at all, would that not be more dangerous.
They had to do something to steer the ship correctly again.
Give them a chance to clean house. After all it is our National Bank.

a more interesting question is do they really expect their remaining workforce to do more work for the same pay with less people and still achieve better results?

I think every company expects this, whether they retrench people or not.
The last time we had SARS & bird flu, my department manager took the opportunity to tell us "you people should be grateful to still hold a job, especially the pregnant ones, so don't complain".
Sigh, reality.

Well if they did nothing at all, would that not be more dangerous.
They had to do something to steer the ship correctly again.
Give them a chance to clean house. After all it is our National Bank.

I'm not sure ... is cutting jobs the only solution?

i wonder how these HR can find 900 in such a short time for "mass culling". :bsmilie:

leaner workforce for a tighter ship. does it mean they had some on payroll for little good reason? :think: wad were they doing all the while?

These were the one who were into selling the Minibonds eg..of Lehman brothers all those times I suspect as the main group of personnel let go....minus the bosses that is.

The only banks or financial institution that is really paying the price and suffering the worst are all those who bought into all those business that involves all investment and speculative products from the USA... ( Lehman Bros, AIG...etc) Those that did not take too hard a hit dealing with too many of those dealing not so "Chian-lat".

Last edited:
The last time we had SARS & bird flu, my department manager took the opportunity to tell us "you people should be grateful to still hold a job, especially the pregnant ones, so don't complain".
Sigh, reality.

+1

... on the sigh.

with such situation who dare give birth. dun complain suicide rates not high arh!! :devil:

These were the one who were into selling the Minibonds eg..of Lehman brothers all those times I suspect as the main group of personnel let go....minus the bosses that is.

The only banks or financial institution that is really paying the price and suffering the worst are all those who bought into all those business that involves all investment and speculative products from the USA... ( Lehman Bros, AIG...etc) Those that did not took a hit but not so "Chian-lat".

i think so too. but (there always is a 'but') wad is the tipping point for most of us, including me to work for a company to sell their questionable products. it tragic that each small step the wrong way will eventually lend to a major catastrophy... :thumbsd:

Quite a lot of uninformed people here making kopitiam talk. :bsmilie:

oh no... will there be alot of ppl drawing all the money out? for just in case...

i think so too. but (there always is a 'but') wad is the tipping point for most of us, including me to work for a company to sell their questionable products. it tragic that each small step the wrong way will eventually lend to a major catastrophy... :thumbsd:

It is like how some ad agency practice... losing one client...all those servicing the account get cut...from the suits to the creative...unless you have another meaty client or more that can still support the salaries,expenses and profit. That's just business. Hire and Fire. Well...we just have to brace ourselves for more bad news. Not the time to think of Christmas sales and bonuses unless you really have an iron rice bowl.

Last edited:
Cut 1 or 2 at the top and you can spare the 900 and their family.

I wonder what happens to those Fund Managers who were the ones selling the funds in the first place? I understand HSBC is the trustee for Lehman Brothers bonds?

HS

at times, when the government r asking companies to retain and retrain the employees. This national bank or state bank are cutting strength. sure a bad example! who's next SIA?

I'm not sure ... is cutting jobs the only solution?

definitely not! however, in this state of the society, if money stop to flow, head got to roll..

a sad world we r living in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.