Singapore Price Guide - KM & KM-Compatible Lens

Caussway said:
Can any CSer from Malaysia share the prices in KL / JB.

I have compared and I find the prices in Singapore to be generally cheaper. That is with the exception of the KM17-35 (D) which I bought for RM1,300 in KL compared with the price of SG660 (about RM1,485 in SG). Minolta cameras in Malaysia is really not a popular brand compared to C & N. All the shops here seems to be pushing C & N. Which is why I do most of my shopping in Sg.;p

You can also check out http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/ftz/index.php3?cur_page=0&order=
if you are interested in 2nd hand lense prices in Malaysia. But most of the time you will find C & N lenses.

Asked a shop in JB previously, they said the warranty service by KM is not so good in Malaysia and they faced a lot of problem before. So, they are not going to carry any KM camera.

:think:

The KM 20F2.8 is S$870.

I don't believe the STF 135 F2.8[T4] is S$1200. If anybody knows where it is sold at this price, please let me know. I think it is more like S$2000 which is a crazy price.

the price for 50mm f1.4 seem to raise to $410-420.

Price from SLS
Tamron
90mm f/2.8 Macro - $567

KM
AF 100 - 300 mm f/4.5 - 5.6 Apo(D) - $798
AF 100 - 400 mm f/4.5 - 6.7 Apo - $1060

Hi, all!

Nice to meet all of you guys. I'm a newbie here and just got my Dynax 5D last week. It's a great DSLR, compared to my previous digicam, a Pana fz20 (which is a pretty good camera in its own right).

Can any of you tell me where to buy the following lenses in Singapore? I'm from Malaysia and will be coming down to Singapore later this week.

KM 50mm f/1.7
Sigma 30mm f/1.4
Sigma 18-50mm f/3.5-5.6 (D) DC

Any help is much appreciated. thanks very much.

chinkster said:
Hi, all!

Nice to meet all of you guys. I'm a newbie here and just got my Dynax 5D last week. It's a great DSLR, compared to my previous digicam, a Pana fz20 (which is a pretty good camera in its own right).

Can any of you tell me where to buy the following lenses in Singapore? I'm from Malaysia and will be coming down to Singapore later this week.

KM 50mm f/1.7
Sigma 30mm f/1.4

50 f/1.7 may still be able to find in 1 or 2 shops off the shelf. the 2 sigma will most likely need to pre-order.

Ow.

how long, typically, for me to get the Sigmas if I pre-order?

Also, do you have any suggestions on where I can go to buy the KM 50mm lens?

Thanks.

chinkster said:
Hi, all!

KM 50mm f/1.7
Sigma 30mm f/1.4

can try AP if u want...50mm -yes, 30mm- not so fast for KM mount, 18-50mm -long time here, 18-50mm f2.8-its out for KM mount too.

Thanks a lot, fellas. :)

Am assuming the Sigmas are available off the shelf at AP? If so, may come down on Monday to buy...

BTW, 2 dealers here in Malaysia SWEAR (after checking pricelist) the Sigma 30mm is available in KM mount... just have to wait 1 month for it... :(

chinkster said:
Thanks a lot, fellas. :)

Am assuming the Sigmas are available off the shelf at AP? If so, may come down on Monday to buy...

BTW, 2 dealers here in Malaysia SWEAR (after checking pricelist) the Sigma 30mm is available in KM mount... just have to wait 1 month for it... :(

Hi Chinkster,

Can u post who the 2 dealers are. Its difficult to find KM lenses in KL.

Ha! "Difficult"??? Try "Impossible"! :D

They are in Midvalley Megamall. Key color and Foto Mutiara (ground floor next to MPH).

But they just have the lens list from Sigma and they still have to order. 1 month. :confused:

ALSO... was just there yesterday. Now they also swear the 10-20mm Sigma is available. Just have to order and wait... and wait... and wait... (they will call me back today to confirm if really available or not) If got... man, that's going to be ONE expensive lens, but I tested that lens on a Nikon D50... sweet lens.

well, if you want to add used price..

I just sold to a lucky CSer my beloved Minolta 28-70 f2.8 "G" for S$1100.

hi ! if go places like thailand or indonesia... will lenses be cheaper ?

U're thinking of the exchange rate thingy? I'm not very sure. U can ask some of the Thai-based members like ParkerT, nickmak or what for stuff in Thailand.

But assuming if u DO NOT have to pay for shipping and GST, some stuff in Japan might be cheaper.

http://kakaku.com/sku/price/105021.htm

Hi Just bought a AF 17 - 35 mm f/2.8-4(D) RM 1350 at penang "camera show".
FYI, 5D 's price at that show is RM29XX with 2 kit leses (same as those given by harvey norman here) after bargain. I think it was a good deal ;) ;)

nlst74 said:
Hi Just bought a AF 17 - 35 mm f/2.8-4(D) RM 1350 at penang "camera show".
FYI, 5D 's price at that show is RM29XX with 2 kit leses (same as those given by harvey norman here) after bargain. I think it was a good deal ;) ;)

That was how many in SGD??? :)

I think the SD$1 is now about RM 2.22~2.23. So it still cheaper(of course if you have someone there to buy for you). I think I will further buy lens for my 7D in Penang as so far it seems like cheaper there...:cool:

The Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 in HK is HK$2750, about ~ SG$590, NOT CHEAP enough to have it soon for my sis wedding:cry: :cry: :cry: