Singapore PM's salary stuns White House official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahaha:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I think we are reading the same book. You reading which vol.?

The current volume I am reading strip you clean clean one. :bsmilie:

Vol.3 mah.

It talks about freedom. I guess if you put 3 girls and a guy in a farm they can get a lot of freedom there. :bsmilie:

It also talk about equality. Sure if you are the only male in the farm you let the girls do everything to you. :bsmilie:

what on earth is SNOWBALLL!!!

Take from Wikipedia:

When Old Major dies a mere three days later, two young boars - Snowball and Napoleon - assume command, and turn his dream into a full-fledged philosophy. The starved animals suddenly revolt one night and drive the farmer, Mr. Jones, his wife, and his pet raven, Moses, from the farm. The farm is then renamed "Animal Farm."

The Seven Commandments of the new philosophy of Animalism are written on the wall of a barn for all to read. The seventh and most important is "all animals are equal." All animals work, but the workhorse, Boxer, does more than his fair share and adopts a maxim of his own — "I will work harder."

Animal Farm begins well: Snowball teaches the other animals to read and write (though few animals besides the pigs learn to read well), food is plentiful due to a good harvest, and the entire farm is organized and running smoothly. Meanwhile, Napoleon secretively takes the pups from the farm dogs and trains them privately. When Mr. Jones tries to retake the farm, the animals defeat him at what they later call the "Battle of the Cowshed." However, Napoleon and Snowball begin a power struggle for leadership of the farm. When Snowball announces his idea for a windmill, Napoleon quickly opposes it. Just after Snowball makes a passionate and articulate speech in favour of the windmill, Napoleon summons his nine attack dogs, which burst in and chase Snowball off the farm. In Snowball's absence, Napoleon declares himself the leader of the farm and makes instant changes. He announces that meetings will no longer be held as before; a committee of pigs alone will decide what happens with the farm.

Screenshot from Animal Farm (1954 film)Napoleon then changes his mind about the windmill, claiming (through Squealer, Napoleon's mouthpiece) that Snowball stole the idea from him all along. The animals begin to work harder with the promise of easier lives with the windmill. After a violent storm, the animals wake to find the fruit of their months of labour utterly annihilated. Though neighboring farmers scoff at the thin walls, Napoleon and Squealer convince everyone that Snowball destroyed it. Only after Snowball became the scapegoat of the story did Napoleon begin to purge the farm, killing many animals he accuses of consorting with Snowball. In the meantime, Boxer takes a second mantra, "Napoleon is always right."

Napoleon begins to abuse his powers even more, and life on the farm becomes harder and harder for the rest of the animals; the pigs impose more and more controls on them while reserving privileges for themselves. The pigs rewrite history in a way that villainizes Snowball and glorifies Napoleon even further. (i.e stating that Snowball fought on the side of the humans in the Battle of the Cowshed, and that the wounds delivered to Snowball were caused when Napoleon bit him, when Snowball was actually hit by a pellet from Mr. Jones' gun.) Each step of this development is justified by the pig Squealer, who on several occasions alters the Seven Commandments on the barn in the dead of night to justify actions of the pigs — for example, "No animal shall drink alcohol" becomes "No animal shall drink alcohol to excess."

Vol.3 mah.

It talks about freedom. I guess if you put 3 girls and a guy in a farm they can get a lot of freedom there. :bsmilie:

It also talk about equality. Sure if you are the only male in the farm you let the girls do everything to you. :bsmilie:

Animal farm.. Shiok...;p

what on earth is SNOWBALLL!!!

Snowball, a white boar, is a rival of Napoleon who contends for control of the farm after the rebellion. Inspired by Leon Trotsky, Snowball is a passionate intellectual and is far more honest about his motives than Napoleon. While he is not immune to the corrupting effects of unchecked power (illustrated in his willingness to support a sophist argument that windfall apples belong primarily to pigs), Snowball does seem to at least have the integrity to prioritize the farm's well-being in general over the pigs in particular, and his dedication wins the loyalty of most of the farm's animals. This dedication does not suffice to save him from later being driven out by Napoleon's attack dogs (much as Trotsky was driven into exile in Mexico, where he was eventually assassinated). After his departure he is used as a scapegoat and blamed for everything that has gone wrong. Snowball fought bravely at the Battle of the Cowshed. However, after his departure, Squealer manages to convince the forgetful animals that Snowball was censured for cowardice. Later on, he convinces them that Snowball was the leader or double agent of the human forces in the battle and makes him a scapegoat for all the misfits on the farm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Farm

haha ..... seems like in fashion now :dunno:

duh. doesn't the government always does that too? it is natural that as singaporeans, seeing how easy and effective singapore government's method of censorship is, we learn from them too, unconciously.

haha ..... seems like in fashion now :dunno:

Thread Closed.. Kopithaim open...invite you to coffee want?

If you don't see me here anymore, you know where am I..

duh. doesn't the government always does that too? it is natural that as singaporeans, seeing how easy and effective singapore government's method of censorship is, we learn from them too, unconciously.

Please, don't mention the word "Government".. Forbidden here.

You want to be like Snowball?

This Snowball is about a man who met 3 girls in a ski resort. Right?

Your mind hor,, need some cleaning liao.

But Ski resort cannot wear Bikini leh, too cold.

That was a nice book I studied in literature in class some 19 years ago. Think I might still have the book somewhere at home.

Arts - written, photography, dance, painting or any other medium of expressions reflect our innermost thoughts, feelings through these things.

That was a nice book I studied in literature in class some 19 years ago. Think I might still have the book somewhere at home.

Yes, it is a classic that will stand the test of time...

Histories and Ideologies will always re-invent themselves.

Do you see the Neo-communism in us?

izzit by george orwell?

Yes...

But Sion and I are reading the one written by Bob Guccione (Penthouse's boss).;p

They first strip you clean clean then
they make you Pay And Pay for their services.

Please, don't mention the word "Government".. Forbidden here.

You want to be like Snowball?

fine. lord voldemort. government become voldemort(cannot be named). harry potter becomes us, the citizens. hogworts becomes singapore. lucius malfoy is lky. draco malfoy is lsl.

and wonder what you want dumbledore to be...... SR nathan? high status yet can't do much due to political restrictions?

gosh. who says that harry potter isn't a singapore-influecned novel.

fine. lord voldemort. government become voldemort(cannot be named). harry potter becomes us, the citizens. hogworts becomes singapore. lucius malfoy is lky. draco malfoy is lsl.

and wonder what you want dumbledore to be...... SR nathan? high status yet can't do much due to political restrictions?

gosh. who says that harry potter isn't a singapore-influecned novel.

SR nathan also got pay rise what.
No good meh. Get pay for doing nothing.

You never learn....Hungry dogs!! Attack satay!!!

SR nathan also got pay rise what.
No good meh. Get pay for doing nothing.

You never learn....Hungry dogs!! Attack satay!!!

no choice. dumbledore is controlled partially by the malfoys. he can only hope that harry potter and friends understands him.

Status
Not open for further replies.