Singapore is living on debt

In my opinion the 7 million target is a terrible mistake. But as usual, it will not be admitted until after the harm has been done.

7 mil people will put more effort than 4 mil ppl to avoid sinking :bsmilie:

In my opinion the 7 million target is a terrible mistake. But as usual, it will not be admitted until after the harm has been done.

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Do you all know GDP growth averaged ~5% for the past decade, but only ~1%+ is due to productivity growth, and the remaining 3-4% is due to an increasingly bloated labour force?

And govt has suddenly realized businesses are drunk on cheap labour and are in bad shape to compete? So much so MTI is hounding research organizations for technologies to give businesses to save them? And the people in charge of hounding practically have no idea how to sqeeze anything useful to give to the businesses?

And yet another tech mnc doing materials research here is pulling out? And numerous tech companies scaling back their operations here are nonetheless acquiring huge properties? Just look at the jawa sandcrawler being built in the western part of sg. :bsmilie:

With HDB fully paid, thinking of upgrade to EC and going to be in debt again :cry:

I like the EC with sea view, the pictures say can have sea view don't know whether true or not, the EC is Sea Horizon

HDB fully paid, still need to stay until 5 years?

With HDB fully paid, thinking of upgrade to EC and going to be in debt again :cry:

I like the EC with sea view, the pictures say can have sea view don't know whether true or not, the EC is Sea Horizon

Regardless of paid fully or haven't, MOP for HDB is 5 years from date of key collection. Unless got 'special' reason to sell before MOP which still is subjected to HDB approval.

Do not trust what the brochures say. Confirm for yourself. Most developments are not as close to whatever they are claiming.

You can alwways quit yr hdb anytime. Do note that I am replying to your question which you did not state any conditions of quitting.

Last edited:

Yes, the Sea Horizon is facing the sea but there are quite a few blocks, so you need to see for yourself which block and unit can have sea view. Normally, only higher floors will be able to have the sea view, and the no. of units are limited. Hence, units with sea view will normally cost much higher compared to the same unit, same floor, same block.

You will also need to go down personally to see the surrounding. Any other buildings, trees are blocking your sea view, etc.

Anyway, congratulation that you have fully paid your HDB flat loan. Debt free!!!

Regardless of paid fully or haven't, MOP for HDB is 5 years from date of key collection. Unless got 'special' reason to sell before MOP which still is subjected to HDB approval.

You can sell it back to hdb without mop restrictions.

Who cause the sky high prices of property. Who set the land sales reserve prices ? Who to blame for living in debt ?

Who cause the sky high prices of property. Who set the land sales reserve prices ? Who to blame for living in debt ?

Patrick_Star.svg

:bsmilie:

But what are the risks ... rising interest rates?

There is alot of chatter on an impending rising housing interest rates recently, and a number of properties will end up force sold when it happens.

Ryan

I know you are only teasing.... :think:

But if you 'REALLY' think you'll need a CAR to get a GF... then I really feel sad for S'porean... :(

[video=youtube;xTCrXUF-lX4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTCrXUF-lX4[/video]

i beg to differ. most people who drive flashy cars are terrible drivers :bsmilie:

[video=youtube;xTCrXUF-lX4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTCrXUF-lX4[/video]

A very good example to illustrate the point. Both sisters are still schooling (20 and 22 years old). One is driving BMW while the other is driving an Audi. Both cars were bought by their parents. Look at their house (landed) and you will know that they came from a wealthy family, so buying more than 1 car is not a problem regardless of the price of COE. It was also mentioned in the video that their brother is driving an Evo. Not sure whether their parents drive too. If yes, then they have 4 cars in the family. The question is how are you going to woo any of the 2 girls to be your gf or wife? It will be indeed challenging. How will their parents rate you too?

The very reason why my GF is from the Philippines...

Yes, 2 of my friends married foreign wives.

Singapore guys (*those who are not so educated, low salary, no 5c, etc ) are meeting obstacles wooing local girls. Hence, many of them have to either go to match making agencies for foreign wives or find their girls themselves from overseas.

Disclaimer : of course not all the guys fall into this pitfall, some are lucky.

In before someone says sg girls are gcps :bsmilie:

Anyway, in today's ST: Wave of newly-completed condominiums drives down rents

No wonder one of my former colleages is looking to unload his condos en masse. He said the going now is as good as it'll ever get. :bsmilie::bsmilie: