Singapore in Pixels

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, did u manage to send your high res image before 8th may?
that was the last date to submit high resolution image.

I got an email too dated 15th May but no mentione of dateline to submit the hi-res JPEG file (2-20MB).

you got a mail on 15th may??
what did it say? because the result date was 10th may.

what was the content of your email

(btw i think the result date is now postponed to tuesday. but i am not sure. has anyone tried to call them?)

I hope people are noe getting confused between the "Contrast" and the "Singapore night out" :)

I knew the shortlist of 50 was out so i couldn't be bothered. To my surprised, this mail came in on 15th. Not sure if this is genuine or a spam!:dunno:

STB website is stb.com.sg. (this email is gov.sg):confused:

Sent: 15 May 2009 06: 46AM
To:

Dear Participant,

Greetings from the Singapore Tourism Board!

On-behalf of the Singapore In Pixels photo competition team, I would like to thank you for your kind participation.

We are delighted to inform you that your submission has been ranked amongst the Top 100 from a total selection of

more than 4,000 submissions. To further evaluate and decide on the winners of the contest – we kindly request all the

100 finalists to resubmit their images in their highest/original resolution.

The requirements for the resubmission are:
Method of Submission: Please Email to Priya_Meyyappan@STB.GOV.SG
Format & Size: .JPEG, Resolution : Minimum of 2MB and up to 20MB

Thank you once again and we look forward to your favourable participation.

Yours sincerely,
Singapore In Pixels photo competition team

I am really not sure about this. This does sound confusing.
Did you try to talk to STB? What does Danielle say about it?

OK, here's the gist.

Spoken to Priya, from whom i got an email.

She said that there will be another email blast by tomorrow mentioning that STB will put up another 1000 images as thumbnails for public to poll. Those whose photos appear in that link will have to submit hi-res images.

Apparently they will need more than the initial 50 photos for their marketing purposes.

Ok, so the 1000 are only for marketing purpose, right?
The winner will still be from the 50 initially selected I guess.

:sweat:Yes, basically they need a larger pool of photos. Let's wait for the next email.

no prizes though if selected but credits will be given for the photos used. They wont tell us individually which photos you need to send. You have to look out for your photos among the 1000 images in the thumbnail...sigh

Last edited:
Hmmmm.... looks like STB very blur and dunno how to run photo contest.

One of my images was in the shortlisted 50 but till today I never got any word from them. And now they want the public to choose from 1000? They cannot decide for themselves? Give the public 1000 photos and public will be even more confused than STB.

This is one big ALAMAK. First the unreasonable terms and conditions, now this...

Richard, you never got an email from STB?
Did you manage to send your high res image eventually?
It would be sad if you were in final 50 and could not send the high res image :(

Richard, you never got an email from STB?
Did you manage to send your high res image eventually?
It would be sad if you were in final 50 and could not send the high res image :(

No I never got any email from them and so I never sent them anything.

In fact, I did not even know my image was there until a friend congratulated me. I had earlier glanced through but did not notice :confused: then I looked again and yes, it was there.

Anyway thanks to you or someone else for Priya's contact. I just emailed her to ask what is going on. This whole thing seems just to confusedly organised,

Cheers
Richard

OK, here's the gist.

Spoken to Priya, from whom i got an email.

She said that there will be another email blast by tomorrow mentioning that STB will put up another 1000 images as thumbnails for public to poll. Those whose photos appear in that link will have to submit hi-res images.

Apparently they will need more than the initial 50 photos for their marketing purposes.

1000 from 4000, and find one's submitted pic in 1000 ? Interesting.

50 shortlisted -> 100 shortlisted -> 1000 ? :bigeyes:

1000 from 4000, and find one's submitted pic in 1000 ? Interesting.

50 shortlisted -> 100 shortlisted -> 1000 ? :bigeyes:

As it is, I was disappointed that most of the original 50 short-listed pixs did not really fit the theme of "contrast". Seemed to me most participants just anyhow hamtam and tourism board also anyhow pick.

Cannot imagine how much more anyhow hamtam the 1000 pixs will be :dunno:

Hi I have received the email from STB too. I dont see my photos under the 50 shortlisted. Now they said I am one of the 100 finalist. what a mess ! I sent her email but no reply. Really cannot be trusted.

did anyone manage to talk to STB or know when the results of the first contest will be out?
Any latest update?

First prize? Looks like a reuse recycle winning photo from past competition.

It gets boring after a while. And so what do you do?

Resubmit to another competition again, NDP09 Come Together. Hope and pray no one will find out.

w w w.singaporemyhome.sg/ndp_gallery_detail.cfm?pid=4a45b176-5ba3-4a5e-9247-fe750d702a96

Oh man!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.