Singapore Fireworks Festival Finale shoot outing

Status
Not open for further replies.
so basically we going to camp there at 4+ right? or are we going to eat or something or etc? whats the basic plan here?

Gosu_John said:
Hey guys, a newbie here. Using Canon S45. Just wanna ask a few things. Where are we meeting for this outing? cos es0teric didn't mention in the first post.

and who's the pro around here to teach all the pro stuff? I read from previous posts that willykhoo had an interesting method of using a black cloth to cover the lens, does anyone going for this outing employ this method of shooting?

thanks a lot and really hope to learn a lot from you guys :)

Well, we all here newbies also.. But still got some experience and advice that we can give you if you ask ^_^. Willy Foo is a pro, not like us just beginner (most of the ppl in this outing) Hope you understand that. If you want to join, sure can learn some extra minor stuff for our P&S cameralah.

Seraphim said:
so basically we going to camp there at 4+ right? or are we going to eat or something or etc? whats the basic plan here?

Guys.... how about we got there set up our tripod first then ask someone to jaga, and some to go tabao.. so we can have some picnic and chit chat while waiting for the actual stuff mah.

Anyone... got better IDEAS ? :dunno:

ok that would be a good idea. "choop" place is important at this time. anyway my name is there already. just awaiting further instructions like meeting place and time.

chunger said:
Guys.... how about we got there set up our tripod first then ask someone to jaga, and some to go tabao.. so we can have some picnic and chit chat while waiting for the actual stuff mah.

Anyone... got better IDEAS ? :dunno:

pinic is good!
i was thinking of tabao first but since you said it, we can CHOMP place first lor (more impt also!). :D

chunger said:
Well, we all here newbies also.. But still got some experience and advice that we can give you if you ask ^_^. Willy Foo is a pro, not like us just beginner (most of the ppl in this outing) Hope you understand that. If you want to join, sure can learn some extra minor stuff for our P&S cameralah.
Hi guys.. I'm just learning like all of you.. we just share with each other the little we know. I haven't decided myself yet where to go... esplanade bridge may be a bit too packed.

If there are really fireworks being fired into the water, then marina promenade and the esplanade bridge are prime locations.

willyfoo said:
Hi guys.. I'm just learning like all of you.. we just share with each other the little we know. I haven't decided myself yet where to go... esplanade bridge may be a bit too packed.

Well, like you said....you still learning as we do lah. But you got a lot more to share then us mah. Anyway, thanks for sharing ^_^ indeed it help me understand more about photography.

I think the best spot to watch and take photo still on the bridge ^_^ ... Coz it really showcase for the audiuence around that area. :D

willyfoo said:

There are always things to learn from each other be it photography or other things as we all come from diverse backgrounds.

I'm not too keen on for the bridge since it's gonna be super crowded also the last two shows.. the smoke seems to be always drifting towards the direction of the bridge.

Will likely take my chances at the reclaim land.

calisc said:
There are always things to learn from each other be it photography or other things as we all come from diverse backgrounds.

I'm not too keen on for the bridge since it's gonna be super crowded also the last two shows.. the smoke seems to be always drifting towards the direction of the bridge.

Will likely take my chances at the reclaim land.

Will probably head there too

1) es0teric
2) dethangel
3) chunger
4) Seraphim
5) noVice
6) GENO -plus 2 friends
7) kohweekuan
8) latmo
9) Yildun
10) who
11)who

more than ten now anymore?

I still feel the brig the best place , lots of people , must go there early if we gona get good places.

from the 2 times i was there, best lens to be use will be 35mm-50mm.

now to set some timing, lets say we meet 3.45-4pm on sunday at CITY HALL MRT. somewhere near the ATM? (control station to the right).

Once we get there, maybe some of us can go get food(dinner) for the rest while they look after our tripod . CHOP PLACE ha ah ha!

SO, any better ideas or changes?

Pls update how many of us are going to confirm.

i was told to look in here heehee hmm :embrass: i shy so i will go alone again..but not at bridge sianz of bridge liao..btw hmm all guys arh? no gals going?

starry said:
i was told to look in here heehee hmm :embrass: i shy so i will go alone again..but not at bridge sianz of bridge liao..btw hmm all guys arh? no gals going?

thought what i send was the a series outing thread ? lol i send out the wrong link ? or there is some other ppl sending this link lol ;p

starry said:

dun have to be shy.
i was initially shy too as i'm using only an A80 while the rest all DLR.
but ALL of them are SOOOOO friendly and i get to learn more things from them.

anyway, there's only a girl only as well at the last NDP outing and i'm sure she feel just as comfortable as well! :D

do hope more ppl will join us.

CS members are just so friendly! :)

starry said:

If you like you could join me however I can't reach there early. Probably will only reach after 5pm or so. Will be getting a couple of CS friends to reserve tripod space for me.

Mine is just an SLR...so anyway can the organisers confirm the meeting time and place and stuffs? i am a noooby btw...

So for those guys who been there b4.... Do you think 4 PM can still chop good place for the last 2 fireworks display ?

Oh you guys want to be kia su a bit to go a bit earlier ? Coz earlier one hour can make a lot of differents... and the time waiting for fireworks will pass quite fast as we are chatting and doing other stuff there rite? I will bring my card and show you guys some simple magic trick ^_^
:D

latmo said:
thought what i send was the a series outing thread ? lol i send out the wrong link ? or there is some other ppl sending this link lol ;p

i was told to read here in the fireworks thread :) heehee was told of this outing and latmo ur outing also

kohweekuan said:
dun have to be shy.

anyway, there's only a girl only as well at the last NDP outing and i'm sure she feel just as comfortable as well! :D

btw i may not be going
cough like hell for a week already
if not going may be infrom one of the guy then no need wait for me
thanks

kohweekuan said:
dun have to be shy.

hmm while on the bridge the 2nd take hor i was actually surrounded by lots of SLR and ppl.. only one also brought along a80 with a SLR further down from me

then got 2 gp of ppl come later with their a80 one on my left and other is on my right.. but they got lenses.. me dont.. i got weird feeling and feel shy cos i alone hmm is it something else.. hmm :think: :bsmilie: i am a strange gal loh lolz

hmmm btw i thinking of the patch of grass facing durian not the bridge.. unless u all going there hee :)

Status
Not open for further replies.