Since WHEN are cars shows for the cars ???

Take away those girls and the visitors might recognize what the show is all about: partially overpriced engineering results.
Another way, done by Lincoln during New York Autoshow, with definitely more style than those XMM in their silly dresses:
http://cdn1.spiegel.de/images/image-831480-galleryV9-embc.jpg
Full article and pictures from Spiegel Online: http://www.spiegel.de/auto/aktuell/...incoln-rueckkehr-der-schlitten-a-1026831.html

Style? Perhaps... but pretty "obasan" ;)

I still think our Asian models look better. Actually you don't need to expose a lot of skin, and still look good. In fact the first link to the Thai car show had a pic of one with less exposed and yet classy and certainly very pretty...

For me, got no interest on both as one can see cannot touch n one can see n touch but no $ to buy. I rather don't waste my $ go there, go other places for photo taking better.

Reactions: Nikonzen
No good to mix business with pleasure...China serious about car business...may be time for some order? :dunno:

In asian context, business always mix with pleasure. Its our asian lifestyle

So is it a morality issue then? I'm trying to understand if there is anything beyond what the article says...eg simply restoring the car show to being a car show by taking away the girls? I'm not judging them either way. It is interesting. Over here we have classic car shows where you don't see sexy women but then again most of the representatives of the vehicles in that type of show are not trying to sell their car either. On the other hand at the car auction (again not a car show but yet a car show of sorts) last week they had a party event...1100 cars for sale and the Oklahoma Thunder Basketball Cheerleaders Squad each girl carrying a stack of money and handing it out to bidders who won. Using the girls and money as bait. That is a dealers only closed to the public deal though too. Now I understand at events like SEMA or whatever with the heavy hitters the girls will be there (even more scantily clad even).

I wonder how this will all work out at China's car shows? What do you bros think about it?

Last edited:
So is it a morality issue then? I'm trying to understand if there is anything beyond what the article says...eg simply restoring the car show to being a car show by taking away the girls? I'm not judging them either way. It is interesting. Over here we have classic car shows where you don't see sexy women but then again most of the representatives of the vehicles in the show are not trying to sell their car either. On the other hand at the car auction last week they had a party event...1100 cars for sale and the Oklahoma Thunder Basketball Cheerleaders Squad each girl carrying a stack of money and handing it out to bidders who won. Using the girls and money as bait. That is a dealers only closed to the public deal though too. Now I understand at events like SEMA or whatever with the heavy hitters the girls will be there (even more scantily clad even).

I wonder how this will all work out at China's car shows?

Basically sex and pleasure sells.

World is unfair and its the truth, no matter some of us say otherwise.

Even in airlines, at least for SIA, female cabin crew get paid more than male crew. Y? Coz we wan to hire more female crew than male.

We put a young pretty gal as a receptionist at the company lobby, so that anyone coming in will have a nice feeling about the company.

Over at yr country, why is there alot of pretty cheer leaders at every game?

The showgals at BKK don't always just stand and look sexy. From what i have been told, some of them have to give presentations of the products at the respective booths. But I guess many patrons would be too busy ogling than listening to what they have to say. :bsmilie:

These motorshow gals at Bkk are becoming so popular with many photogs here as well.... so much so that many of them have visited Bkk 3 times a year for the last 7 to 8 years just to pay homage to these "goddesses"....... :p

In asian context, business always mix with pleasure. Its our asian lifestyle

We Asian mix Business with Pleasure??? In Business?? Define pleasure? How do you qualify that as a historical business fact in what sense?

I know in advertisement and marketing you can say sex sells and would be more a western concept they started then in Asia.

Since when beauty is a crime and mankind has always associate themselves in perusing beauty.

Personally I have no problem for pretty models in car show or any other events. Even wedding reception or government related events, you want you hostesses to look pretty.

Singapore already got plenty of laws to control 'undesired' elements for such occasion. I don't think we need more. As to whether the public can accept or like such thing, the organiser will have to do their sum.

We put a young pretty gal as a receptionist at the company lobby, so that anyone coming in will have a nice feeling about the company.

Who told you that?

The receptionist in our company is a 55 woman who is the mother of our boss. It doesn't stop us having a nice feeling being greeted by her. :)

These motorshow gals at Bkk are becoming so popular with many photogs here as well.... so much so that many of them have visited Bkk 3 times a year for the last 7 to 8 years just to pay homage to these "goddesses"....... :p

I wonder if many do not look at it as a "safe" zone to photograph hotties as we call them here in the states. Whether that is good or bad doesn't matter for our discussion I don't think. What I mean is let's say some married man or even unmarried young fella wants to shoot pictures of hotties but he is not brave enough to go shooting at said pretty girls in the streets. Maybe he is to poor, to scared, doesn't know how to, or whatever reason doesn't hire models. Or maybe his lovely wife or girlfriend frowns upon this sort of behavior. So said guy goes to car show or whatever kind of show, he can mix with the crowd, feel more comfortable, etc. :dunno:

One has to admit the typical car show models/representatives are ultra fine shiny women making for fine photos. Seems to me though once you have seen one you have basically seen them all.

I know this for a fact - my country did not used to have all this sex sells BS. I think my country is suffering dearly from being bombarded by this crap day in and day out at every frigging level. Just my 2 cents. As I grow older and see more clearly this sort of pisses me off. I'm glad I did not have girls but boys instead. They know...I am rough rough on them but I also point these things out to them when it is time.

Last edited:
Who told you that?

The receptionist in our company is a 55 woman who is the mother of our boss. It doesn't stop us having a nice feeling being greeted by her. :)

Then yr boss is damm stingy...... LOL

Who told you that?

Too bad LOL

Then yr boss is damm stingy...... LOL
I would say his boss is reasonable and experienced.
The receptionist in our office is also far from being young/cute/sexy, rather the style of a "mama + staff sergeant". The advantage: the cleaners do their job properly and I can't recall when I had the last cold call from some bloke trying to sell me some snake oil investments. They simply don't get past her :)
The cute girls come from the finance auditors.

Car and girls always together wan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk