Simple way to clean ur optics

Status
Not open for further replies.
$125RM is pretty ex just for a simple lens cleaner...
I think I saw other third party designs as well. yes, it may seem exp but it's still the safest way. Any form of rubbing is a potential risk of damage to the lens element.

Must be refering to the propak1 bought it at courts for $19.90..

Now they increase to $22..

The propak1 includes lenspen microfibre cloth, the lenspen lp1, lenspen mini, lenspen digiklear, lenspen for mobile phone lens..

Cathay sells this set for $39.90

hmm okay. so what are the things that you REALLY need?? :confused:

Must be refering to the propak1 bought it at courts for $19.90..

Now they increase to $22..

The propak1 includes lenspen microfibre cloth, the lenspen lp1, lenspen mini, lenspen digiklear, lenspen for mobile phone lens..

Cathay sells this set for $39.90

I believe that the 39.90 price is meant to "chop" tourists or unwary customers. By way of analogy, their lowepro bags can sell for 1/2 the price (or less with some haggling) of the retail price tag.

The last time I got my Lenspen propack 1 from CP, they sold it to me for S$25.

As for the Lenspen cloth, I only use it for wiping my LCD monitor and nothing else. This is because it tends to leave loose cloth fibres behind when you use it for cleaning purposes.

I believe that the 39.90 price is meant to "chop" tourists or unwary customers. By way of analogy, their lowepro bags can sell for 1/2 the price (or less with some haggling) of the retail price tag.

The last time I got my Lenspen propack 1 from CP, they sold it to me for S$25.

As for the Lenspen cloth, I only use it for wiping my LCD monitor and nothing else. This is because it tends to leave loose cloth fibres behind when you use it for cleaning purposes.

Correct, regarding the use of the lenspen cloth. Spoke to the distributors of LensPen, and they say that the cloth is only for wiping the bodies and LCD panels. Having said that, I still use it as a first aid treatment for my lens when some kid with greasy fingers go and touch my lens front element.

I'll highly recommend olympus hyper dry 3310...thats what they used in their Oly factory as I'm told...its organic and does not react with plastics or rubber...very volatile and does not leave any markings... I'm i the optics ind too and believe me.. we use acetone like no tomorrow to clean our lenses....but I only got it from a friend who went there on a biz trip...dunno if they sell it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.