Sign the petition for fix/recall - Olympus OM-D's main (top) dial falling off...

theveed

Apr 20, 2007
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
At least 4 members from our relatively small OM-D group on Facebook have faced this issue, myself included. Luckily, it fell off at home while shooting table-top and not at night, outdoors.

The adhesive used to secure (well, it's not secure) our OM-D's top dial is very fragile and thin. It has no physical clips or other means to prevent the dial from popping off if you nudge it with your thumb at certain angles.

So far, Olympus SG has been mum about it on their FB page... Here's the online petition form to get our voice heard (if you're concerned or have been affected by this manufacturing flaw).

http://www.change.org/petitions/oly...ee-recall-fix-olympus-om-d-main-dial-adhesive

That happen to my E-P3 before also...

Happened to my E-P3 also..

This happened to my OM-D a few weeks back. I went to the service center and they just glued it back on. I was thinking how splash proof can the camera be when they are only using glue on certain parts. What a joke.....

There was another OM-D user there with some firmware issue that's giving him a lot of problems...

Oh, tmr will be my turn to glue it back :(

I'm just hoping that the mode dial does not come off as well as it looks similar...

theveed said:
At least 4 members from our relatively small OM-D group on Facebook have faced this issue, myself included. Luckily, it fell off at home while shooting table-top and not at night, outdoors.

The adhesive used to secure (well, it's not secure) our OM-D's top dial is very fragile and thin. It has no physical clips or other means to prevent the dial from popping off if you nudge it with your thumb at certain angles.

So far, Olympus SG has been mum about it on their FB page... Here's the online petition form to get our voice heard (if you're concerned or have been affected by this manufacturing flaw).

http://www.change.org/petitions/olympus-photographic-equipment-om-d-em5-division-free-recall-fix-olympus-om-d-main-dial-adhesive

It's just a glue fix

senate747 said:
This happened to my OM-D a few weeks back. I went to the service center and they just glued it back on. I was thinking how splash proof can the camera be when they are only using glue on certain parts. What a joke.....

There was another OM-D user there with some firmware issue that's giving him a lot of problems...

The dial obviously is not relevant to the weatherproofing. It is just a cosmetic cover.

yap, happened to mine last month, I just glued it back with normal white glue bought from popular, so far so good.

The dial obviously is not relevant to the weatherproofing. It is just a cosmetic cover.

I understand that but when people pay for the camera, they don't expect parts be it major or minor to drop off just like that. My GF1 has been with me for nearly 3 years and I have no issues with it till date.

Last edited:
What if I am walking along some walkway and it pops out into the lake..Will Oly charge us for the replacement?

The fact that this is collecting people's full mailing address, I don't want to give my mailing address to entities I don't know (both the company who runs that site, and the maker of the petition).

It stopped me from signing it, even though I have two E-M5s.

It happened to my OMD during my Yunnan trip 3 weeks ago. Luckily the dial did not dropped into river. If all the service center does is to glue it back, then I will just save the trip and DIY :p