Sigma DP Quattro

Was hoping actually to turn some heads when I was using the DP2Q but unfortunately no one noticed leh. :(

Hmm... maybe, I too old fashion... keep thinking that DP2Q looked too futuristic... but people nowadays don't feel that way. Hahahaha.

Was hoping actually to turn some heads when I was using the DP2Q but unfortunately no one noticed leh. :(

Not even your pets? Just dump the DPQ and just use the Merrills. :)

I personally prefer the Merrill as the images are so lifelike.

Not even your pets? Just dump the DPQ and just use the Merrills. :)

I personally prefer the Merrill as the images are so lifelike.
My pets couldn't care less.
There are some differences in the image qualities between the Quattro and the Merrill... some good and some bad differences.
The Merrill images may have more micro-contrasts than the Quattro fresh out of the SPP6, tweaking the raw processing parameters can reduce most of the differences in micro-contrasts in the Quattro images. This and the much better low light AF performance and other advantages listed in my review tend to swing my vote towards the Quattro.

The true test is that if I have to rush off to shoot something and I have the both DP2M and DP2Q (and I do) side by side on the table, which would I grab to take along? I would have to say the DP2Q because it is just more versatile and could cover me in more situations than the DP2M could during a shoot. ;)

Last edited:
My pets couldn't care less.
There are some differences in the image qualities between the Quattro and the Merrill... some good and some bad differences.
The Merrill images may have more micro-contrasts than the Quattro fresh out of the SPP6, tweaking the raw processing parameters can reduce most of the differences in micro-contrasts in the Quattro images. This and the much better low light AF performance and other advantages listed in my review tend to swing my vote towards the Quattro.

The true test is that if I have to rush off to shoot something and I have the both DP2M and DP2Q (and I do) side by side on the table, which would I grab to take along? I would have to say the DP2Q because it is just more versatile and could cover me in more situations than the DP2M could during a shoot. ;)

The better iso performance swings me over to the 2Q. I actually like it's non-conforming form factor, having tried it at the shop. However I will still wait for 1Q, having used the 1M happily before for landscapes and cityscapes.

[video=youtube;o7ktvDUyTyU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7ktvDUyTyU[/video]

The reviewer did not seem to know that the DP2Q has a macro mode which shortens the minimum distance to about 28cm. In any case, I think that he must already have arthritis in his hands which is probably why he find it such a pain to handhold the camera. I personally find it easier to hold than the DP2M. The Sigma Photo Pro 6 for the Mac must be really slow. The PC version that I use, though still slower than the SPP 5.3 version, is so much faster. More than 1 minute to process 1 RAW file is ridiculous.

[video=youtube;o7ktvDUyTyU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7ktvDUyTyU[/video]

The Camera Store's reviews are always more trusted than others that you can find on the web. :)

I wonder what is the problem with cameras without IS. I mean, if they have IS, fine... if not, nothing to fuss... seriously, ten, twenty years ago, we shoot camera and lenses without IS and handheld those cameras, and still get pretty sharp images at pretty low shutter speed, people are spoil by technologies nowadays.

Frankly speaking Camera store reviews are pretty alright to a certain senses. But the reviewer seemed to have a thing with brands like Sigma and Canon and they even made a short to ridicule EOS-M and Pentax K01... not too clever, if you ask me.

Install SPP6 on Mac, but it just crashed. I could not read any files from DP Quattro.
Anyone has similar problem ?

https://www.sigma-photo.co.jp/english/new/new_topic.php?id=451
DP1Q announced !
But I want this LCD Viewfinder LVF-01 :)

img01_451.jpg

BxUf6hrCQAEoIvP.jpg

Nice!

Thanks for the update tomcat, will be eagerly watching out for this.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Called up TK Foto and PariSilk, the DP1 Quattro not in yet. However PariSilk said it might come in next month, so am on the wait list.;p

Yes, launching in Oct. Singapore has always been amongst the first countries in the world to get Sigma Foveon cameras, so it should be coming here next month. But like the Merrill series, the lens in the DP2Q is still better than that of the DP1Q from some of the comparisons I have seen posted so far.

Yes, launching in Oct. Singapore has always been amongst the first countries in the world to get Sigma Foveon cameras, so it should be coming here next month. But like the Merrill series, the lens in the DP2Q is still better than that of the DP1Q from some of the comparisons I have seen posted so far.
I completely agree, having used both. But since I enjoy shooting wide more, there's no choice. Too bad can't afford to get both for now.

Alternatively, I could get the DP2Q now, then get a wide angle adapter like the Ricoh one. BUT I also like the DP1Q viewfinder attachment like you haha.

I completely agree, having used both. But since I enjoy shooting wide more, there's no choice. Too bad can't afford to get both for now.

Alternatively, I could get the DP2Q now, then get a wide angle adapter like the Ricoh one. BUT I also like the DP1Q viewfinder attachment like you haha.

That viewfinder can be used on all the DP Quattro cameras. The adapter is attached to the camera at the tripod socket of the camera and the loupe is slide onto the adapter. But knowing Sigma Singapore, it will never come here. I'm still waiting for the lens hood for the DP2Q and the EF-140 DG flash. In the mean time, I have ordered the Swivi LCD Viewfinder for my DP2Q from ebay at a price much cheaper than available locally. ;)

51ca4etJypL.jpg

Wonder when will the dp1q be in store?

Last edited:
The DP1Q is now available in Singapore.
Mine would be available for collection by tomorrow. ;)

Anyone here misses the DP2x image compared to the quattro or even the merill?

Managed to get the Merrill and Quattro to compare. However, the release of SPP 6.2.0 seems to have narrowed the differences when I opened the RAW files. Can someone else with the quattro provide their observations?