Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.0 DC Macro OS HSM / C Lens

May 16, 2013
Singapore
Does anyone here have this said lens? will appreciate a review. I have watched several reviews on this on Youtube, but they are insufficient as yet.
please do not comment if you have not had a hands-on encounter, and would prefer if you are an own of one.

Does anyone here have this said lens? will appreciate a review. I have watched several reviews on this on Youtube, but they are insufficient as yet.
please do not comment if you have not had a hands-on encounter, and would prefer if you are an own of one.
Review section is for members write up reviews of gears, not for requesting review of gears.

GUIDELINES when posting Review Threads

thread moved.

I was looking for reasonable alternatives to the kit and didn't need the weight of constant f2.8. picking it up was already proof of the engineering and finish of the new sigma range as it was similar to my 35mm Art. It's fairly sharp wide open and crazy sharp at 5.6. Definitely some distortion like all wide angles at the widest.

As for the macro function, it's fantastic for an all-in-one zoom. The lense also focuses very quick compared to the nikon kit 18-55, 18-105 and the 18-200. My only gripe is the focusing ring is too close to the body, hence sometimes those with bigger hands may inadvertently hold the focusing ring when the auto focus is trying to rotate it- leading to a polite squeak from the lens in protest.