Should I go for Sony W380 or WX1

OH. thanks for posting the link!

i didnt realise that W350 did not have the mode dial. Would the difference in lens matter much?

i think the smile shutter would be good in taking self shots and baby shots. :)

I got the WX1 for about 6 months and love it. It has become a never leave home without it item.

It takes great hand held panos, low light shots. Noise level at high ISO tolerable (for me).

HX5 will of course come with newer features. But have a look at the price against features.

Share a sample hand held pano with you. You don't have to go through the hassle of stitching.
Photo has been touch up for enhancements.
DSC00543-1PH1280.jpg

wow !!! :thumbsup:

would funan/sls be cheaper than other major stores?

any recommendations? :)

any recommendations? :)

Ask quote with CP as below before GST.

1..Sony DSC W380 @S$363.00 (Free: 8 GB and case)
2. Sony DSC WX1 @S$425.00 (Free: 8 GB and case)

wah... good price for WX1....
hmmm... still holding on for HX5...=P

Ask quote with CP as below before GST.

1..Sony DSC W380 @S$363.00 (Free: 8 GB and case)
2. Sony DSC WX1 @S$425.00 (Free: 8 GB and case)

wait for tomm IT show @ Suntec... i think it will be cheaper or come with more things.

TS: have u bought ur cam?

Hihi.. I was hunting for a digital camera.. I was told by a friend about the new function of Sony, the sweep panaroma.. quite interesting.. And i still wondering should i go for SOny or other brands that suits me. I just want to take a fairly good quality picture in either night or day shots. a stylish camera, not a bulky camera.. So is Sony w380 worth a try? or any recommends by the expertise? If any Sony W380 users can give me a review of it, will be helpful?

Sorry guys, one last thing where is this CP? a store? anyway where can i find a place where the price is competitive low? sorry for being too noob.. i know nuts about camera

Sorry guys, one last thing where is this CP? a store? anyway where can i find a place where the price is competitive low? sorry for being too noob.. i know nuts about camera

CP=Cathay Photo store. They have two outlets: one at Marina Square and one at Peninsula Plaza (or is it Complex; sorry i can't remember which is which but anyway the two buildings are just across each other).

Try other photo shops at Funan IT Mall and compare prices, freebies, etc. before deciding.

Hihi.. I was hunting for a digital camera.. I was told by a friend about the new function of Sony, the sweep panaroma.. quite interesting.. And i still wondering should i go for SOny or other brands that suits me. I just want to take a fairly good quality picture in either night or day shots. a stylish camera, not a bulky camera.. So is Sony w380 worth a try? or any recommends by the expertise? If any Sony W380 users can give me a review of it, will be helpful?

W350,W360,W380,WX1,TX1 and TX7 all have sweep panorama.If you just want the sweep pano function,go for the W350/W360:)

Cathay Photo.Call the different stores for the different prices.SLR revolution generally sells Sony cheaper.

SLR revolution is at Funan 5th floor btw:)

W350,W360,W380,WX1,TX1 and TX7 all have sweep panorama.If you just want the sweep pano function,go for the W350/W360:)
TX7 and HX5 have the more advanced version of sweep panorama which is aware of and can correct for moving people and objects in the frame so that they don't appear distorted in the final panoramic shot. ;)

Quoted...
"W350,W360,W380,WX1,TX1 and TX7 all have sweep panorama.If you just want the sweep pano function,go for the W350/W360"

So is there no much difference with w350 and w380? other than the types of lens they r using? heard that W380 using G lens, is it better for pictures quality? why u ask me gor for W360/350 instead? cos is cheaper? or other reasons? pls enlightenned me