Should i get a 5D3 or just a 2nd hand 5D2?

Hobbiers are richer than the Pros. Nt sure why you need such a high end specs. Doesnt justify your requirement. Even a 20D will be good enuff.

simply because we all want all balls to be shinier than the one standing next to us :bsmilie::bsmilie:

yrh0413 said:
simply because we all want all balls to be shinier than the one standing next to us :bsmilie::bsmilie:

That's why it's called a hobby :)

Have not tried the 60D but I will be quite surprise if the iso control is better than the 5d2 though.

Oh for sure the 5DII is better at that than the 60D. I'm also sure it's better in a few other things than the 60D. However for me, with everything put into consideration, I don't think it's a significantly better camera than the 60D.

That's why the upgrade for me is the 5DIII, not 5DII. YMMV of course.

If I'm travelling for leisure, I would just get something compact, maybe like a Canon G1X. I can't imagine myself enjoying a trip having to lug around 2-4kg weight of camera equipment unless the sole purpose of the trip is to take pictures. In which case, I would bring everything I have, with filters, tripod, etc.

If I'm travelling for leisure, I would just get something compact, maybe like a Canon G1X. I can't imagine myself enjoying a trip having to lug around 2-4kg weight of camera equipment unless the sole purpose of the trip is to take pictures. In which case, I would bring everything I have, with filters, tripod, etc.

for me, i would love to own a NEX-7

aaSKaa said:
Hobbiers are richer than the Pros. Nt sure why you need such a high end specs. Doesnt justify your requirement. Even a 20D will be good enuff.

Good point, however I guess it's the same why we buy Nike and not Bata. Quality. If I'm going to a place where sunshine is abundant and not dimly lit cafe or makan place, I would agree that my 40d will be sufficient.

Errz said:
am just curious.. many keep saying "I need cleaner high ISO" ..why do they need cleaner high ISO?

I guess I don't want my subject to look like my grandma? Ha... I'm not use if u have used any older models of dslr like 10D/300D. If u shoot indoor with iso400-800, pics usually turn out pretty bad. Compare to newer cams where the acceptable rates are higher.

Good point, however I guess it's the same why we buy Nike and not Bata. Quality. If I'm going to a place where sunshine is abundant and not dimly lit cafe or makan place, I would agree that my 40d will be sufficient.

I disagree with you on the Nike vs Bata. Main point is when u hit a DSLR, it is already a Nike and no longer a Bata. So all along you were having a Nike. and you certainly do not need a New boots that Ronaldo or Messi is wearing just because they are wearing them.

camera is just tool. Unless you are getting ROI than it justify the upgrade. Else its just human needs than wants. Whatever is ur call, i wish you the best.

The last I checked, the price of the 5DII did not dropped yet.... mmm..... :think:

The price diff for the M2 & M3 is quite significant.........

Halfmoon said:
The last I checked, the price of the 5DII did not dropped yet.... mmm..... :think:

The price diff for the M2 & M3 is quite significant.........

Last check used 5D2 selling 1.9k. Yes compare to 5D3 the price difference is significant but so are the improvements/ upgrades

Compare to brand new 5D2 @ 3.6k I would rather go for 5D3

yrh0413 said:
Last check used 5D2 selling 1.9k. Yes compare to 5D3 the price difference is significant but so are the improvements/ upgrades

No one will buy new 5D2 now la. Resale at 1.9k still ok, anything more, unless need video, else buy classic better.

That would be some $800-900 diff..... and I think no point going for M2 now.... unless new is $2400 & below....