Shooting Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.
skinnylatte said:
wow. haha. it's like.. an artform become rocket science!

i'll still be pretty near the equator.. just wanna practise this trip first, then hopefully be better equipped with tools (tripod + cable) and skills by the time i go to the himalayas in april. should be stars there right?

those of you interested in stars..

http://www.stellarium.org/

=)

Since you mention neighbouring country, I suspect M'sia ... If you are up high enough, you stil can see the pole star ...

Thailand, during my NS training, I was observing the stars around the North Star w a bino n star map ... it is definitely North Star ... look about 10-20 degrees up the northern sky ...

paradigm said:
Since you mention neighbouring country, I suspect M'sia ... If you are up high enough, you stil can see the pole star ...

Thailand, during my NS training, I was observing the stars around the North Star w a bino n star map ... it is definitely North Star ... look about 10-20 degrees up the northern sky ...
You don't have to go that far really. In my star trail shot a few posts ago, you can see a star just next to a coconut tree in the bottom middle of the picture. That's the pole star because if you draw tangents from the trails, they will converge to that point, but I'd have to say that it's a really lucky shot. It was shot from somewhere near Mersing.

Status
Not open for further replies.