Shockproof,water proof like Panasonic ,Olmpus and Nikon..PnS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lumix FT4 is selling at Cathay for $560

FT3 still available at MS for $399.

Anyone know of a better price? It seems there's hardly enough feature upgrades to the FT4 to warrant the higher price. Any opinions?

hmm....
is a model number means better specs?

Panasonic FT10 is cheaper than FT3?

cos i saw someone selling a BNIB FT10 for $200...lousy issit?

Lumix FT4 is selling at Cathay for $560

FT3 still available at MS for $399.

Anyone know of a better price? It seems there's hardly enough feature upgrades to the FT4 to warrant the higher price. Any opinions?

There's very little difference bet FT3 and FT4, most importantly the sensor and image processing is the same. So get the FT3 as it's much cheaper brand new. Don't bother to get the FT3 used either.

Just got my Olympus TG620 last week for 375 bundled with 2 original batteries, 8GB SD card & a leather case from TK Foto. I think it is the best deal after combing a few shops. It is a chic looking P&S camera which I think I should not expect too much from it. The functions and features are similar across other brands of water cams....BUT I really love the Nikon AW100 design, solid and macho looking but I am giving it a pass as I do not need the GPS and techie stuffs....

I am a little worried when I first dunk it into the swimming pool. The reason of buying it is because I want to document my daughter's swimming lesson. I am quite impressed with the focusing speed in bright environment or maybe I was too used to the speed of my old and faithful 6years old P&S. I am lousy with the WB control so I decide to leave the job to the auto mode....not too impressed by it as many shots are either underexposed or overexposed...maybe the background was too bright....I only get the evaluative or spot metering which I gotta toggle it manually at times. The video is good. I think I just need a bit more time to get the hang of it.

Just got my Olympus TG620 last week for 375 bundled with 2 original batteries, 8GB SD card & a leather case from TK Foto. I think it is the best deal after combing a few shops. It is a chic looking P&S camera which I think I should not expect too much from it. The functions and features are similar across other brands of water cams....BUT I really love the Nikon AW100 design, solid and macho looking but I am giving it a pass as I do not need the GPS and techie stuffs....

I am a little worried when I first dunk it into the swimming pool. The reason of buying it is because I want to document my daughter's swimming lesson. I am quite impressed with the focusing speed in bright environment or maybe I was too used to the speed of my old and faithful 6years old P&S. I am lousy with the WB control so I decide to leave the job to the auto mode....not too impressed by it as many shots are either underexposed or overexposed...maybe the background was too bright....I only get the evaluative or spot metering which I gotta toggle it manually at times. The video is good. I think I just need a bit more time to get the hang of it.

Today I bought a Nikon AW100 from TK Photo for 370$. Includes extra original battery , case, tripod and 8GB memory.

I owe the AW100 and it was a very good camera. Picture quality is good and the GPS lock-on quite fast (usually less than 10 secs and in some occasions, it locks on in less than 5 secs). Nikon provides regular update to the A-GPS file which allows the GPS to function faster in my testing. Usually, without updating, after a while, the GPS would tend to take longer to lock on. Post update, the time taken for lock on would be significantly reduced. This shows Nikon commitment in updating the A-GPS file regularly.

A fully charge battery will easily last around 200 - 250 shots (no video taken). The underwater performance is very good and the piece of optics in front of the lens is coated such that water droplets do not stick on the glass piece, which is very important because once out of the water, any droplets left on the glass piece would appear as "smudge".

Start up is pretty fast, about less than 1 secs and I like the part you can attach filter to the lens with the provided adapter (UR-E23). This expands the creativity part of using this camera. Overall, a solid good camera worth its price tag.

Today I bought a Nikon AW100 from TK Photo for 370$. Includes extra original battery , case, tripod and 8GB memory.

THATS CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

think retail price is like $479? saw in newspapers sometime ago.

I'm new here , nice thread!

well i am a user of AW100.. i got the camo model.. IT seem TK is now giving the best offer of 370! i got mine at mustapha for 399!

anyway i chose the nikon becoz of the 3 inch screen over the rest...
a full hd video.
the rest of the camera range for 2.5 to 2.7 inch.

the gps factor and the depth of the camera also matter to me..

so far only oly, panasonic and nikon has dept of up till 10m...

i think now oly has a new model boast a f2.0 lens for the underwater..but somehow oly point and show doesnt gel with me..

panasonice is gd coz it made in japan...

nikon is made in indonesia

Hinata76 said:
hmm....
is a model number means better specs?

Panasonic FT10 is cheaper than FT3?

cos i saw someone selling a BNIB FT10 for $200...lousy issit?

I got an FT-10 from Takashimaya a month or so ago. Got it for 188. The FT-10 is the old gen Lumix waterproof/shockproof/dustproof digital camera.

It is decent for it's price, the 14MPX count is over rated. Of course, it does have a smaller sensor than an average DSLR. Still, I got it for my 6 yo son to take pictures with, no worries about being dropped, bumped or splashed about. Which is the main purpose of me buying it in the first place.

That is a good deal on the AW100 though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.