Shirley @ Clarke Quay

baggiolee

Dec 7, 2006
www.facebook.com
1st time post a thread here. C&C are very welcome but constructive ones pls.

mkdsc00101.jpg

mkdsc00201.jpg

mkdsc00301.jpg

mkdsc00401.jpg

mkdsc00501.jpg

No 1 and 3, background is too messy. Especially no 1 where there is a fan above her head. No 3 she has 2 poles piercing diagonally into her neck.

No 2 actually not bad, but the rows of bottles should be aligned horizontal and not tilting.

No 4 the pipe again grows out of her head.

No 5 ok.

I think the model looks uncomfortable posing for you, especially in shot 5. A lot of times photographers tend to just shoot and shoot without talking to the model, treat her like a friend instead, joke abit, liven up the atmosphere. It can be quite pressurizing posing for photos, especially if you don't talk to her.

Your main problem is background control. Watch the background even before you bring your eye to the viewfinder. Always check the background. If it's too cluttered or distracting it probably doesn't work.

You composition is too cluttered. Less is more.

What is that thing onb the model's head? Some sort of bad hair day styling? Loose that.

The model is damn uncomfortable. I don't think she was ok with that outfit. change!

Or, the model is real bored. Change.

Agree... doesn't seems relax..for shooting...

No 1 and 3, background is too messy. Especially no 1 where there is a fan above her head. No 3 she has 2 poles piercing diagonally into her neck.

No 2 actually not bad, but the rows of bottles should be aligned horizontal and not tilting.

No 4 the pipe again grows out of her head.

No 5 ok.

I think the model looks uncomfortable posing for you, especially in shot 5. A lot of times photographers tend to just shoot and shoot without talking to the model, treat her like a friend instead, joke abit, liven up the atmosphere. It can be quite pressurizing posing for photos, especially if you don't talk to her.

Your main problem is background control. Watch the background even before you bring your eye to the viewfinder. Always check the background. If it's too cluttered or distracting it probably doesn't work.

thx bro! for ur detail guidance. :thumbsup:

yes i agreed with u. i really need to look out for background composition, esp as i always tend to miss out minor destracting details. i should also ease the model to make her more comfortable.

You composition is too cluttered. Less is more.

What is that thing onb the model's head? Some sort of bad hair day styling? Loose that.

The model is damn uncomfortable. I don't think she was ok with that outfit. change!

Or, the model is real bored. Change.

lol i was hoping u can give some valuable comments. yes i got it. thx bro! :thumbsup:

The model's face features don't look sharp and doesn't pop out from the background. It's better to have more subject isolation. Just my 2 cents :)

Just remember a good photographer always looks in the four corners of the viewfinder, while others just look at the middle.

Picture 1 and 3: The gal is good looking.. I like her... :lovegrin: But she seems either not happy or not natural on expression. Spend more on communication ya...

Picture 2, 4 and 5: No comments as I cannot view the pictures :sweat:

The model's face features don't look sharp and doesn't pop out from the background. It's better to have more subject isolation. Just my 2 cents :)

indeed...ok thx!

Just remember a good photographer always looks in the four corners of the viewfinder, while others just look at the middle.

oh learn something today. :thumbsup:

Picture 1 and 3: The gal is good looking.. I like her... :lovegrin: But she seems either not happy or not natural on expression. Spend more on communication ya...

Picture 2, 4 and 5: No comments as I cannot view the pictures :sweat:

yap ok thx!