SHarpness

canon450D

Aug 27, 2008
Morning all. Which sharpness setting on the canon 550d yields sharpnening equivalent to that from the sharpen command on Adobe Photoshop? Thank you.

Morning all. Which sharpness setting on the canon 550d yields sharpnening equivalent to that from the sharpen command on Adobe Photoshop? Thank you.
Why would you want to do this? It's more accurate (finer steps) and you have the Undo function when doing it in PS. Remember: whatever the camera does during in camera processing cannot be undone. And since JPG is a lossy compression, every single processing step leads to further loss of information in the picture.

Why would you want to do this? It's more accurate (finer steps) and you have the Undo function when doing it in PS. Remember: whatever the camera does during in camera processing cannot be undone. And since JPG is a lossy compression, every single processing step leads to further loss of information in the picture.

Yeah I know. Just that when we are travelling, we do not bring computer. So need to sharpen in camera and upload.

Yeah I know. Just that when we are travelling, we do not bring computer. So need to sharpen in camera and upload.
Take multiple shots at home with different settings, see what fits your expectations. But then again, if you upload to FB why are you giving two hoots about sharpening settings? The FB image crunching engine will screw and mangle the image anyway, any sharpening done by you upfront might even worse the result.

Short answer... nobody know.

Because even in Photoshop, there are different level of sharpness... so which sharpness are you talking about?

Short answer... nobody know.

Because even in Photoshop, there are different level of sharpness... so which sharpness are you talking about?

My apologies, I was referring to the Photoshop sharpness setting Filter>Sharpen>Sharpen.How much amount, radius and threshold is in that setting anyway?