Share some RF shots....

Status
Not open for further replies.
rzEP4552.JPG

Swee ah! Very Graphic:thumbsup:
Mine coming soon.....

You need the black 135mm f3.5 (not the chrome or black/chrome version). Better still, get the 100mm f2 :bsmilie:.

You need the black 135mm f3.5 (not the chrome or black/chrome version). Better still, get the 100mm f2 :bsmilie:.

That was a steal according to Benny...and can only buy "cheap" lenses now......

2906924073_e950681a91.jpg

taken 2 nights ago at Serangoon Road. canon 50mm F1.2.

2914781873_aa0202c429.jpg

Taken at the Jacob Ballas Children's Garden! Canon 50mm F1.2 LTM.

Great candids! Which film body you are using?

Hi Tomato

I actually started photography only recently. Proberly less than 1/2 a year. I found this old Yashica GS at my Grand Aunt's place's, it belonged to my late Grand Uncle.

Took it out from the leather casing & found that it seemed rather ok, so I took it out for a test roll. Turned out everything seemed fine.

I have no prior experience to photography, not even digital but I have tried SLRs & RFs, over this short time & I'm in love with RFs mostly & vintage cameras. Went to self read on the net how to shoot with RFs & took it to the streets. I'm more of a walk about, shoot what I feel is interesting person, I especially like people.

Am thinking of getting a Bessa R4M soon, wanna go full manual & wide because the Yashica GS is an aperture priority camera, I got no control over the shutter speeds, so indoor shots really kind of sucked. Not to mention the "electronics" in it are proberly almost 40years old & it has never been serviced....

Last edited:
2914781873_aa0202c429.jpg

Taken at the Jacob Ballas Children's Garden! Canon 50mm F1.2 LTM.

Once again, the amazing bokeh of the Canon 50mm/1.2. I really regret not getting one from ebay a few weeks ago. Went for about 200plus USD.

Hi Tomato

I actually started photography only recently. Proberly less than 1/2 a year. I found this old Yashica GS at my Grand Aunt's place's, it belonged to my late Grand Uncle.

Took it out from the leather casing & found that it seemed rather ok, so I took it out for a test roll. Turned out everything seemed fine.

I have no prior experience to photography, not even digital but I have tried SLRs & RFs, over this short time & I'm in love with RFs mostly & vintage cameras. Went to self read on the net how to shoot with RFs & took it to the streets. I'm more of a walk about, shoot what I feel is interesting person, I especially like people.

Am thinking of getting a Bessa R4M soon, wanna go full manual & wide because the Yashica GS is an aperture priority camera, I got no control over the shutter speeds, so indoor shots really kind of sucked. Not to mention the "electronics" in it are proberly almost 40years old & it has never been serviced....

Wow. Your story is an inspiration to all. Mine started with a Fred Flintstone toy camera when I was 8, Kodak Instantmatic with the disposable flash bulbs when I was 9. And a long break of nothing until I had my first APS film SLR from Minolta (remember those?). It didn't go anywhere until 4 years ago when I picked up an Olympus E300. But the camera that really opened my eyes was the Panasonic DMC-L1. I became a 'strobist' - blinding my children with homemade aluminum foil ringflash, softboxes and more. But the M8 introduced a whole new world of wonderful bokeh to me. The lenses are just out of this world! Now I have an Olympus E3, Nikon D700 and will probably end up with a micro 4/3rd too.

If you want to bore yourself to death, feel free to visit my flickr stream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/rogvon/

Looking forward to seeing more of your photos!

Once again, the amazing bokeh of the Canon 50mm/1.2. I really regret not getting one from ebay a few weeks ago. Went for about 200plus USD.
$200 sounds like a steal! Get one when you can!

Could you share which lens you used to photograph your child. The one with the knitted hat. I guess you'll need Autofocus(Leica S2) soon, it'll be easier to capture the triplets running around. ;p Congrats on having triplets :)

Could you share which lens you used to photograph your child. The one with the knitted hat. I guess you'll need Autofocus(Leica S2) soon, it'll be easier to capture the triplets running around. ;p Congrats on having triplets :)

The lens used was a Nikkor-P.C 8.5cm f2 (black version 1). It is a Sonnar and I focused at the minimum focusing distance. All handheld in dim hospital conditions.

$200 sounds like a steal! Get one when you can!

I let it pass cos it had fungus. But now I feel like banging my head against the wall. What was I thinking. I know CamX is selling one for 600 plus Sing..i really wanna bang my head against the wall.

Wow. Your story is an inspiration to all. Mine started with a Fred Flintstone toy camera when I was 8, Kodak Instantmatic with the disposable flash bulbs when I was 9. And a long break of nothing until I had my first APS film SLR from Minolta (remember those?). It didn't go anywhere until 4 years ago when I picked up an Olympus E300. But the camera that really opened my eyes was the Panasonic DMC-L1. I became a 'strobist' - blinding my children with homemade aluminum foil ringflash, softboxes and more. But the M8 introduced a whole new world of wonderful bokeh to me. The lenses are just out of this world! Now I have an Olympus E3, Nikon D700 and will probably end up with a micro 4/3rd too.

If you want to bore yourself to death, feel free to visit my flickr stream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/rogvon/

Looking forward to seeing more of your photos!

Great shots on flickr!

I wished I had an M8 too! Beyond my budget... I'll just settle for the Bessa at the end of the year first & along with a film scanner. Kinda wasting $$ to get the shop to scan it.

My plans would be to get an Epson RD-1S maybe middle of next year or 3rd quarter. Economy is kinda screwed now, so bonus would not be too fat... Got a couple of Japanese friends, could get them to ship it to Sg for me.

I got somemore shots here, nothing fantastic, still very amateur-ish :

F1010018.jpg

F1000002-4.jpg

F1000026-3.jpg

F1000029-3.jpg

My Electro 35 is supposedly dying of a problematic shutter ):

Ran some expired Velvia 50 through it the other day and the results were better than expected still!

2924011833_ef8355912e.jpg

(SOOO CUTE.)

2924859098_a70f1d2873.jpg

2924008713_4da24d30a8.jpg

2924863404_9bd949fcc1.jpg

2924007509_83e85e4c7d.jpg

Vesak.jpg

contax g2, 28mm, provia

Thanks Royale!

It's the GTN. It's almost dead apparently (the shutter.) But it's gonna cost me a bomb to repair it and the technician told me there were no guarantees that he could get it fixed because of a lack of spare parts.

I'm just gonna enjoy it while it lasts and probably get myself a spanking new Bessa R3a lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.