Share Some RF Shots 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
An ongoing short series on cardboard collectors.
I met these lovely ladies at different spots whilst wandering alone in Tanjong Pagar.
They were all rushing to collate and compact the cardboard boxes in time for collection at a nearby recycling point.
That is when they get paid for their efforts - according to one of them a day's work translates to around three to five dollars.

Despite the apparent rush, they were all amicable and accommodating to my intrusion.
They also all refused my help and similarly my offers to buy them lunch.
However, they did enjoy talking about their grandchildren, their past professions and how the government has forgotten about them.

With subjects like these, I think it’s easy enough to make them look pitiful, and to create an image of abject poverty and social disparity.
But from my interaction with them, what impressed upon me the deepest was their fierce independence and sterling resilience.
They make the best of their situation, and truly epitomises Kierkegaard's saying of how 'life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards'
Though highly clichéd - I think that's what's truly important and admirable.

(Hexar RF/ Color Skopa 35mm/ HP5+/ HC110 Dil-H)

Excellent.

Let me know when you have a complete series, I'll put up an essay on RFSG's page.

Charlotte.
Leica M4-P with Summicron 35.
Kodak Tri-X 400 in HC-110.

charlotte3.jpg

Breakfast @ Tiffany...lovely expression...:lovegrin:...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

D1030010 by rosewood1969, on Flickr
M2/35 cron V4, tri-x 400

I was shooting in Pontian recently and chanced upon this. Robert Yeo,actually spotted him and alerted me. Rushing to the scene, I captured this. This guy was actually squatting to write his lottery tickets.

PapaLi said:
wld luv to molest this 'Jap Noctilux' :devil:

The lens is so large and heavy... Give me the Zeiss C-Sonnar anytime.

image-217ooo-v.small.jpg

A Masked Doll

Leica M4-P
Either 35/2 Cron (likely) or Canon 50/1.2 or Canon 50/1.9
Acros 100 with Rodinal Stand for 30min

This guy was sitting alone on the desk, seemingly idling around, thinking about something. It was kind of weird as it was Deepavali and the other Indians that day were in a group, chatting, having fun, eating. Maybe it was the rain that made him stay here? Maybe he misses home?

Casually I approached him and asked him if I could take a picture, he at first said no and was preparing to go off, but I told him it was just for fun, and he agreed.

1/15 shutter speed thus the softness.

Polaroid 110B Converted 4x5
127mm f/4.7 Rodenstock Ysarex
Shanghai 4x5 Film 100
HC-110B 1:100 Stand Developed

wld luv to try out yr cam...;)

This guy was sitting alone on the desk, seemingly idling around, thinking about something. It was kind of weird as it was Deepavali and the other Indians that day were in a group, chatting, having fun, eating. Maybe it was the rain that made him stay here? Maybe he misses home?

Casually I approached him and asked him if I could take a picture, he at first said no and was preparing to go off, but I told him it was just for fun, and he agreed.

1/15 shutter speed thus the softness.

Polaroid 110B Converted 4x5
127mm f/4.7 Rodenstock Ysarex
Shanghai 4x5 Film 100
HC-110B 1:100 Stand Developed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.