Not open for further replies.
Shooter List:
1. alitansen
2. choon22
3. Deddy Kie
4. spinworkxroy
5. iMac

Hi imac,
Thanks for joining. you may want to try but i dun think its necessary coz u need a fast shutter speed to capture them while they are moving.

Bro.....For this type of event, do you shoot with tripod or handheld?

Latest Shooter List:
1. alitansen
2. choon22
3. Deddy Kie
4. spinworkxroy
5. imac

It's going to be pretty crowded in a small space..i doubt you'll have space to set up any tripods :)

Thanks for your reference.

i think no harm having tripod if u don't find it heavy to bring out. u can use the tripod to take Night Photography . Reference here

don't limit urself.

Is this going to be an OTOT event or is someone going to organise a place to meet and gather?

On a side note, the Esplanade outdoor theater isn't very big..so it depends if you are going to sit or stand behind everyone. That will determine what lens you need and/or space for tripod without people getting in your way and scolding you :) (I kena many times liao)…somehw Singapore see tripods as a hazard and scold you for it.
Also, looking at the schedule for that day and the 8:30pm meeting time, there's 1 or 2 previous performances before this one so most likely the place is already going to be filled up by the time we get there…just my two cents worth…personally for me, i'm just gonna try with 1 lens handheld.

Hi Spinworkxroy.
I will be there earlier maybe around 8 pm
So u guys can come earlier for a better seat. i went few times for this type of event. it might still fully seated but wouldnt be over crowded coz the performance is not by a very famous artist.

Yeah... i think ur 5DM3 with 24-105 is best!! hehe...

For all, again please PM me with your contact number so i can sms everybody our meeting point on that day.
Thanks.
Cheers!!!

Is this going to be an OTOT event or is someone going to organise a place to meet and gather?

On a side note, the Esplanade outdoor theater isn't very big..so it depends if you are going to sit or stand behind everyone. That will determine what lens you need and/or space for tripod without people getting in your way and scolding you :) (I kena many times liao)…somehw Singapore see tripods as a hazard and scold you for it.
Also, looking at the schedule for that day and the 8:30pm meeting time, there's 1 or 2 previous performances before this one so most likely the place is already going to be filled up by the time we get there…just my two cents worth…personally for me, i'm just gonna try with 1 lens handheld.

Hi Spinworkxroy.
I will be there earlier maybe around 8 pm
So u guys can come earlier for a better seat. i went few times for this type of event. it might still fully seated but wouldnt be over crowded coz the performance is not by a very famous artist.

Yeah... i think ur 5DM3 with 24-105 is best!! hehe...

For all, again please PM me with your contact number so i can sms everybody our meeting point on that day.
Thanks.
Cheers!!!

I might go for the earlier show and stay till the later one as well..after all..free right? hehe..
I won't be using the 24-105…i'll be using only the 85mm f1.8..have not used it since i bought it so i thought i better use it at least once :) And i might also just do something stupid and try the 70-300 in low light haha…just for fun to push the 5D3 to it's limits before it surrenders…but more importantly..i hope to enjoy the concert :)..they sing song for us to listen not to practice photography right? hehe

by 8PM I think the place is already exploded.. I was there last week (and the past few weekends), it is ALWAYS exploded :bsmilie:

my suggestion is, you guys meet up at esplanade for an early dinner, talk talk abit, then 6PM like that find some good fengshui place and sit down, talk talk further, wait for show to start and snap ;p

one of my random shot during one of the night :bsmilie::

_D8C0046 by infinite.rui, on Flickr

Hey Spinworkxroy
I decided to inform everybody to come earlier at 8pm for a better seat and setting their cams.
if you coming earlier, then i will sms you when i reached. hahha... well.. we will still enjoying their concert for sure.
Anway will see u on Sat with ur new 5D3 monster yeah..!
Cheers..!!

I might go for the earlier show and stay till the later one as well..after all..free right? hehe..
I won't be using the 24-105…i'll be using only the 85mm f1.8..have not used it since i bought it so i thought i better use it at least once :) And i might also just do something stupid and try the 70-300 in low light haha…just for fun to push the 5D3 to it's limits before it surrenders…but more importantly..i hope to enjoy the concert :)..they sing song for us to listen not to practice photography right? hehe

Hi avsquare.
Thanks for your advise. should go there earlier then.
Anyway great pics as a reference for everybody. great expression from her n the white balance is nicely sets. may i know what lens u used for this shot?
Thanks.

by 8PM I think the place is already exploded.. I was there last week (and the past few weekends), it is ALWAYS exploded :bsmilie:

my suggestion is, you guys meet up at esplanade for an early dinner, talk talk abit, then 6PM like that find some good fengshui place and sit down, talk talk further, wait for show to start and snap ;p

one of my random shot during one of the night :bsmilie::

_D8C0046 by infinite.rui, on Flickr

Hi avsquare.
Thanks for your advise. should go there earlier then.
Anyway great pics as a reference for everybody. great expression from her n the white balance is nicely sets. may i know what lens u used for this shot?
Thanks.

np, just some heads up for you guys :) I might be there to see if this weekend's show is good or not :)
I shot it with 70-300L at 300mm, f/5.6, 1/45s and ISO6400, used tripod to stabilize further. That week was really hot, the singer in the picture was great, so I guess the place was exploded. I set up my tripod all the way at the back (the PA system control area).. can't move any closer cos all packed like sardine :bsmilie:

in fact, I see people sitting and camping as early as 5:30PM :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Cool. Thanks for sharing yoo... hope you could join us this week yoo... please pm me if you are goin.

np, just some heads up for you guys :) I might be there to see if this weekend's show is good or not :)
I shot it with 70-300L at 300mm, f/5.6, 1/45s and ISO6400, used tripod to stabilize further. That week was really hot, the singer in the picture was great, so I guess the place was exploded. I set up my tripod all the way at the back (the PA system control area).. can't move any closer cos all packed like sardine :bsmilie:

wow, ISO6400 with that kind of image quality is mind-blowing

Hey avsquare, u owned that 70-300mm f4-5.6 L as well .. SHarp lens =) But If im going, i will be bringging my olympus 12mm f2.0 and 45mm f1.8 and maybe my OM 135mm f2.8 .. maybe my pana fisheye .. muhahaha =)

wow, ISO6400 with that kind of image quality is mind-blowing

5D3, that's why.. the noise control is top notch ;p

Hey avsquare, u owned that 70-300mm f4-5.6 L as well .. SHarp lens =) But If im going, i will be bringging my olympus 12mm f2.0 and 45mm f1.8 and maybe my OM 135mm f2.8 .. maybe my pana fisheye .. muhahaha =)

yup, a very sharp telezoom :)

For this kind of shot, 24-70 is too short. At 70mm on full frame you have to walk up to the stage and block people and attract the attention of security guards.
70-200 f/2.8 is a better range. You also need the speed of the lens as the place isn't very brightly lit. Minimum ISO 1600. Helps if you got a monopod. Please do not use flash or auto-flash, the security guards will definitely come and talk to you nicely.

So bodies like D7000 (good to ISO3200), D700 (good to ISO3200-6400), D800 (good to ISO 6400), D3s (good to ISO 128K), D4 (good to ISO 128K) are easier to get more useable shots.

Okay, i am in. see you guys at the meeting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.