SG F1 night race essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tripods and monopods will only be allowed in the general walkabout areas and not into the grandstands

Rubbish!!! They said the same thing last year and the place was packed with monopods.

best is to bring your camera to practice there. the lights are now on at night. :)

Used 70-210mmF4 last year ISO400 and so far got some results.
see here-> http://www.flickr.com/photos/cthep2/sets/72157607263698677/

A 70-200F2.8 of course is better specially when using @ wide open to make the fences invisible in your shots.

Didn't bring tripod last year as seems not that necessary (for me at least) as you need to do some panning shots and jock for better position.

Used 70-210mmF4 last year ISO400 and so far got some results.
see here-> http://www.flickr.com/photos/cthep2/sets/72157607263698677/

A 70-200F2.8 of course is better specially when using @ wide open to make the fences invisible in your shots.

Didn't bring tripod last year as seems not that necessary (for me at least) as you need to do some panning shots and jock for better position.

Hi! Is this 70-200 mm F4L? If yes then it's good enough. And nice set of shots there btw.I guess I wont be bringing my tripod then. Thanks for the reply and are u pinoy?:)

hey I am joking about the 600mm F2.8....it is still on the drawing board if it is ever going to be produced.

Hi Lightning!

Haha! I know that there's 600mm F4. But u got me there. hehe.:bsmilie:

Hi! Is this 70-200 mm F4L? If yes then it's good enough. And nice set of shots there btw.I guess I wont be bringing my tripod then. Thanks for the reply and are u pinoy?:)

This is Minolta's 70-210mmF4 bro, I've used an old cam some more with my Alpha A100 thus used ISO400. Now with my A700, I hope to get better shots ;p
The lighting is good for panning already as you can see from the exif of my shots.
Yes bro, pinoy here..you?

Hi everyone .. another noob question .. where to buy cheap and good ear-plugs ah ? circuit itself or outside. Appreciate the help :)

Hi everyone .. another noob question .. where to buy cheap and good ear-plugs ah ? circuit itself or outside. Appreciate the help :)

i would say to get the ear plugs before the actual race, somewhere @ shops outside
last year, they do sell it just outside/inside e race but it was expensive :confused:

last year they sell the earplug+poncho @ $2.00/set there for charity, so i suppose they will sell it again this year.

thanks icestrike and cthep2 .. i guess better to buy b4hand .... any place to recommend anyone ?

is anyone going on the 25th ?? i bought the walkabout then !

I am thinking of getting the Friday walkabout as well but not sure what is going on on Friday? Will there be grid girls or practice sessions on the 25th?

Anyone kindly advise.

I am thinking of getting the Friday walkabout as well but not sure what is going on on Friday? Will there be grid girls or practice sessions on the 25th?

Anyone kindly advise.

i know they were around on the race day itself @ the starting pt..

err...so what's happening on the 25th Friday? Seems like only walkabout tickets available now...

25th is just a practice day! Aside from F1,there are supporting races practice too. Last year there are the Porsche, Aston Martin and F3. Practice time for photographer for panning shots too ;)

This is Minolta's 70-210mmF4 bro, I've used an old cam some more with my Alpha A100 thus used ISO400. Now with my A700, I hope to get better shots ;p
The lighting is good for panning already as you can see from the exif of my shots.
Yes bro, pinoy here..you?

Hi Bro Noypi din! I'm expecting my canon 70-200mm F4L would be able to get some good shots as it's F4 also and to test the ISO capability of my 50D. Slmat!:thumbsup:

25th is just a practice day! Aside from F1,there are supporting races practice too. Last year there are the Porsche, Aston Martin and F3. Practice time for photographer for panning shots too ;)

Think all walkabout tickets sold out. Tough luck. Have to buy earlier next year. :confused:

best is to bring your camera to practice there. the lights are now on at night. :)

Should have use the light to shoot some portraiture and passing cars to check for white balance etc.

thanks icestrike and cthep2 .. i guess better to buy b4hand .... any place to recommend anyone ?

Buy there and do your part for charity. Its only $2 and those plugs are fantastic.

yeah, since it is for charity then get there is better:thumbsup:..and it comes with a poncho (hope still comes with it).
btw, dun forget to bring a black big trash bag for emergency purposes, it will become handy specially when there's a sudden downpour (we can get wet but not the equipments) :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.