SG Camera Store Godox Battery Drama

chris o

Feb 6, 2014
Singapore, Singapore
I ordered a replacement battery for my Godox AD600 Pro from SG Camera Store on May 20th 2022. I am posting this on September 21st 2022.

125 days after ordering.

Every week it is next week. They tell me a date and then they don't reply. I don't understand how this has dragged on for 125.

I am tempted to post the entire email conversation history here. They never post a name and they usually call me instead of replying by email so there are countless additional promises they have made by phone.

They also constantly delete the email history in their reply so some messages have been lost along the way.

Last week it was "early this week" and then they don't contact me. I have to contact them again asking where it is and they tell me next week again.

They have once again promised me "6pm Monday next week" so I am posting this here.

Has anyone else had any issues with SG Camera Store buying Godox batteries?

One hundred and twenty five days. Just wait until next Monday, or maybe the Monday after that.

Did you get a good deal?
This is what battery will cost b to b platform at Alibaba. Can buy minimum 1 piece. Sorry link is too long. Price excluding shipping.

SGD 249.38
Min.Order: 1 piece
H8ed00f6b29954a68be97d82816cf9ea8B.png
huiyuan 11.1V 8700mAh WB87 Battery Pack Compatible with Godox WB87 AD600 AD600BM AD600B TTL 2.4G X System All-in-One Powerful

Thanks for your reply. I have never used Alibaba before. I will look into this, thank you!

The price isn't the issue anymore. I've had to do 3 major shoots over the past 125 days without this battery while being promised every week it will arrive for certain... next week. I'm tempted to throw all of my godox gear away and buy profoto after this experience.

SG Camera Store they are doing it again. They say it will be here next Monday at 6pm (Day 130).

Next Monday will come and nothing will happen.

I will contact them on Tuesday and they won't reply.

Then on Thursday I will send an escalated reply and they will say... early next week.

After 126 days of this I should really just ask for a refund and walk away from sgcamerastore for this. It's almost a crime to drag this on for so long. We are professionals and we use this equipment for paid work. If we don't have our equipment our work suffers. If a supplier promises a professional company a service on a certain date they expect that service to be carried out on the exact date and time promised.

I'm posting my experience here so it is documented.

But if I can just wait until next week! It will come for sure this time as promised.

i believe SG Camerastore no longer has a physical store (used to be at peninsula)? so i am also not sure if they are still in operation. so far i am only aware that Godox's stuff is physically sold at Riceball.

Battery was delivered today....

Finally...

On day 127.

You could easily source from AliExpress or taobao which cater to Chinese domestic market and save a few dollars. But I don' t mean to add insult to injury , as a professional it is common practice to purchase at least a spare set of lights or at last resort rent the equivalent to tide you over. Hope you gain experience and never depend on online store as most of our reputable retailers have brick and mortar shops. Perhaps said seller was trying to accumulate orders to gain a better price for bulk orders.

...as a professional it is common practice to purchase at least a spare set of lights or at last resort rent the equivalent to tide you over.

Don't worry, I was using my spare lights for the shoot and I was renting lights from my assistant where necessary. I made due, but it was incredibly frustrating to plan when I expected this battery to come at any moment for 127 days.

If you're buying from AliExpress or taobao you understand you are at the mercy of shipping, but you have a tracking number. If it will take 3 months then you can plan for that.

If you're buying from a Singapore supplier and they tell you "next week" or "this Thursday at 6pm" for 10+ weeks it makes it impossible to plan. Every week I expect to receive the battery on a specific time a date and then they just wouldn't reply and I would have to chase them down for another "next week"

Hope you gain experience and never depend on online store as most of our reputable retailers have brick and mortar shops. Perhaps said seller was trying to accumulate orders to gain a better price for bulk orders.

I just looked on their website and I don't see a physical location anymore. I bought from them because I remembered their location at Peninsula Shopping Centre. Looks like that's gone...

Your point is well taken.